viracocha

Winter Village: Xmas Tree Steam Train.

31748509225_c22d7ec983_b.jpg

Xmas Steam Train by Dmitriy and Anna, on Flickr

Metropolitan Street Journal

Announcement

The week before Christmas our correspondent Helena Kuznetsova has visited N town. According to the old tradition the best spruce is being chosen there and sent to the Metropoly to decorate the main square every year. Specially grown tree was carefully packed and loaded to the flatcar. The mayor Mr. Lebedyansky has personally observed the loading process. As the locomotive the L class 2-10-0 freight steam locomotive was selected. It is the best steam train using modern
innovations as boxpok-type wheels and steam dryer pipe covered with casing. Very soon the valuable cargo will be on its way to the Metropoly with the highest speed of 53mph.

Read more in the evening issue of Metropolitan Street Journal by Helena Kuznetsova.

31375527240_db8baf133b_b.jpg

31375529960_ee0c43e0a9_b.jpg

31375531480_1bdab73867_b.jpg

Edited by viracocha

Gorgeous! The tender could use some greebling, otherwise it looks very fine. Is the steamer motorized? Or is this just for display?

8 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Gorgeous! The tender could use some greebling, otherwise it looks very fine. Is the steamer motorized? Or is this just for display?

Thanks Capparezza! The point is that prototype tender is very flat so I couldn't add more details. The steamer is not motorized but it easily could be done. I am planning to do so and make videos. The problem is that the locomotive will not pass the regular LEGO turns as it very long. 

7 hours ago, carebear said:

Love this,

- love the headwear for the 2 figures

Great Work!!!

Carebear, glad that you noticed! The lack of women's hats made me to invent something new!   

53 minutes ago, viracocha said:

Thanks Capparezza! The point is that prototype tender is very flat so I couldn't add more details. The steamer is not motorized but it easily could be done. I am planning to do so and make videos. The problem is that the locomotive will not pass the regular LEGO turns as it very long. 

Carebear, glad that you noticed! The lack of women's hats made me to invent something new!   

They realy look great

Greetings

That locomotive is awesome!
Amazing that you could stay so true to the original using LEGO parts.
Clever work with the tubes in the front.

Keep it up!

16 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

jaiks, that's a beast! :wink:

But clever head wear for the ladies!

Pleased to hear that from the person with such a nickname! :wink:

On 20.12.2016 at 11:08 PM, Withacee said:

That locomotive is awesome!
Amazing that you could stay so true to the original using LEGO parts.
Clever work with the tubes in the front.

Keep it up!

12 hours ago, Dragonator said:

Really nice work, particularly all the detail at the front!

Thanks guys! In my native town there is a monument the steam train Л-4305.

Spoiler

69141.jpg

I had a dream to build it for a long time and now all the puzzle pieces came together: I've got drawings and necessary parts and wonderful contest came in time. So it can be said that it is a model of steam train type "Л" in minifigure scale. Of course I had to sacrifice some technical details to save the functionality. :blush: