Sign in to follow this  
en_zoo

Laelarielian Hunting Lodge

30930994053_d42c0cab4e.jpg

As the name implies, the lodge provides shelter for the local hunters, in the middle of the Avalonian forests. While the original building was, indeed, camouflaged with the trees around, to allow the hunters to conceal themselves, recent events have made the young Sten the only regular visitor in a while, causing the lodge to look slightly run-down.

-------------------------------------

Hey guys, I've been pretty busy lately - a quick post for a quick entry to CCC, an Avalonian freebuild.

I’m pretty sure I’ve made a mess with the [rushed] resizing, cropping etc. If anyone has any suggestions [for example, how to avoid having to cut off parts of the actual pic] for the next time, please feel free to drop a line.

C&C most welcome as usual! ^^

P.S. With hindsight, I should’ve probably underlined the separation between the trunk of the small tree at the front left and the human-made structure somehow (most likely with colours)…

Edited by en_zoo

O'm not sure wether you should have changed the colours. I like it as is, it's a pretty impressive tree!

The amount of plant pieces is also really cool, but maybe some other shades of green would bring it more to life?

Neat hunting lodge, it certainly looks Avalonian! I like the shingled roofs and the angled wooden supports you have under the top roof :thumbup:

For resizing/cropping, just about any image editing program will allow you to do those easily. Even paint works well for those. Generally, you don't even need to crop pictures, unless your too far zoomed out or something with the original shot.

On 19/12/2016 at 3:27 PM, TitusV said:

O'm not sure wether you should have changed the colours. I like it as is, it's a pretty impressive tree!

The amount of plant pieces is also really cool, but maybe some other shades of green would bring it more to life?

Thanks Titus, good point about the colours - as I always tend to put in too many, this time I wanted to be strict with myself and see what could happen (the original plan actually included a couple more shades of green as well as dark red and dark orange :blush: ).

On 20/12/2016 at 1:59 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Neat hunting lodge, it certainly looks Avalonian! I like the shingled roofs and the angled wooden supports you have under the top roof :thumbup:

For resizing/cropping, just about any image editing program will allow you to do those easily. Even paint works well for those. Generally, you don't even need to crop pictures, unless your too far zoomed out or something with the original shot.

Thanks SK. The cropping worked well, in fact, only with those pic where I was too far zoomed out. I did use my default image editing program for cropping, but couldn't find a resizing option - gonna have to look better in to it.

Really nice build. This fits really well with Avalonia, and I like how you kind of made the hunting lodge hidden in the tree, if that's what you were aiming for. The tree itself is fantastic; I liked how you used two shades of green, and also the moss on the tree. The foliage is also a great addition. 

7 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Really nice build. This fits really well with Avalonia, and I like how you kind of made the hunting lodge hidden in the tree, if that's what you were aiming for. The tree itself is fantastic; I liked how you used two shades of green, and also the moss on the tree. The foliage is also a great addition. 

thanks Brandon, glad you like it ^^

Very nice hunting lodge, it blends in perfectly with it's surroundings! I agree with Titus that perhaps one or two more colors would've been nice, though the muted color pallet here doesn't look bad by any means! The sand green and dense foliage look great for the forest setting :thumbup:

On 05/01/2017 at 3:16 PM, LittleJohn said:

Very nice hunting lodge, it blends in perfectly with it's surroundings! I agree with Titus that perhaps one or two more colors would've been nice, though the muted color pallet here doesn't look bad by any means! The sand green and dense foliage look great for the forest setting :thumbup:

thanks John, glad to have managed with the camouflage part ^^