Mike S

Fort Arlin: Arlinsport, Tiberia

After ten months of renovations, Fort Arlin was once again on the verge of being fully staffed and gunned. With rumors that the Queen would be visiting the colony islands, Aiden Coyle payed a visit to the fort to make sure the fort was prepared for a royal visit.

30883325004_9053cdaf4d_c.jpg

31578406432_7e908ec605_c.jpg

31725224565_79d559c2f8_c.jpg

Well... that is... WOW! Uff! Stunning.

I am a bit concerned about the mobility of the cannons, but... wow. Fantastic fort. Still amazed.

Oh yeah, that's a fort! And what an awesome one! :wub:

Great architecture, and lovely colors. Loving the fact you're doing snot-ed walls and combine them with the use of slopes for corners :thumbup:

Congrats on a wonderful MOC - I'm sure Her Majesty will adore it, too.

When is she scheduled to arrive?

Beautiful, with great attention to the details! The roofing, the sloped walls, the tiled walkway, and the ground cover at the base of the walls. Excellent! :thumbup:

Beautiful fort! It all looks great but my favourite part is slight difference in colours of the upper floor tiles

Great looking fort, Mike - it entirely lived up to the hype! :pir-grin:

Ï love how massive it looks and the sloped sides are perfectly executed. Your crenelations are very innovative too, and I like the two tiers of guns. Both the "keep" and the gate house are great additions to making it more than "just" a fort.

Great work!

Beautiful fort Mike.  The irregular tiling on the gun platform was a nice touch.

Amazing fort! :pir-oh:  Starting at ground level here - I love how you did the lighter green, then darker green on top verging towards the fort!  The slanted walls are great too, and you've got a seriously impressive amount of masonry bricks!  The house looks excellent too... all it needs is an Eslandian flag! :pir_tong2:  Great work!

Well there is not much that hasn't already been said... but Wow! Fort Arlin certainty lived up to expectations, a truly phenomenal build!

Beautiful fort, Mike S!

Masonry bricks do look nice in large quantities, especially angled like that!  The effect is bettered by the fact that you used the back side of all the masonry bricks rather than the side with the offset showing.  The tan roof is nicely done.  It seems to be a common technique, but it seems to be hard to achieve a more realistic shake roof in LEGO form.  The battlements really add to the visual of this fort, especially with cannons added in some of the spaces!  Nice foliage around the fort (especially with the color shift and elevation shift)!  I really like the tiling pattern on the wall top!

I saw this the day you posted but I wanted to wait to comment until I had a chance to look it over carefully. I really like the sloped fort walls. They turned out amazingly. The entrance to the fort is exceptionally done, and I like the light texturing of the ground which is consistent with the packed dirt that would exist in such a situation. I love the staircase to the upper wall. The vegetation outside the fort also looks great. 
I attempted to count the studs and got 78x88 studs. Is that correct? This is definitely a masterpiece and worth the wait to see. Great job!

Awesome model! The angled walls are great and you've managed to cram in a lot of detail for it's size. I do wonder why you haven't used cheeseslopes for the blocks on the wall instead of 45 degree slopes with tiles.

Wow, that's definitely one sturdy fortress there, Mike!  As Kai mentioned, the shades of green are excellent and add a lot to the color-scheme, and those tilting walls and cannons give it the aspect of a force to be reckoned with! :pir-wink:  That roof technique is great as well, and the white is a perfect color choice - excellent job, and keep it up! :pir-sweet:

On 12/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, Elostirion said:

Well... that is... WOW! Uff! Stunning.

I am a bit concerned about the mobility of the cannons, but... wow. Fantastic fort. Still amazed.

Thanks! Yes I wasn't satisfied with the cannon setup but I had to photograph it before it went into storage.

On 12/18/2016 at 1:31 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Oh yeah, that's a fort! And what an awesome one! :wub:

Great architecture, and lovely colors. Loving the fact you're doing snot-ed walls and combine them with the use of slopes for corners :thumbup:

Congrats on a wonderful MOC - I'm sure Her Majesty will adore it, too.

When is she scheduled to arrive?

Thanks! The queen's schedule is private business however.

On 12/18/2016 at 1:46 PM, blackdeathgr said:

I love sloped forts! Phenomenal! A true beauty...!

Thanks!

On 12/18/2016 at 2:03 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Beautiful, with great attention to the details! The roofing, the sloped walls, the tiled walkway, and the ground cover at the base of the walls. Excellent! :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 12/19/2016 at 0:32 AM, SkaForHire said:

Awesome! Well worth the deal that was signed with the Crown!

Thanks! The Crown did get a good deal considering the new rule change.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:55 AM, Puvel said:

Beautiful fort! It all looks great but my favourite part is slight difference in colours of the upper floor tiles

Thanks!

On 12/19/2016 at 8:31 AM, Bregir said:

Great looking fort, Mike - it entirely lived up to the hype! :pir-grin:

Ï love how massive it looks and the sloped sides are perfectly executed. Your crenelations are very innovative too, and I like the two tiers of guns. Both the "keep" and the gate house are great additions to making it more than "just" a fort.

Great work!

Thank you!

On 12/19/2016 at 9:00 AM, Kwatchi said:

Beautiful fort Mike.  The irregular tiling on the gun platform was a nice touch.

Thanks!

On 12/19/2016 at 1:04 PM, Kai NRG said:

Amazing fort! :pir-oh:  Starting at ground level here - I love how you did the lighter green, then darker green on top verging towards the fort!  The slanted walls are great too, and you've got a seriously impressive amount of masonry bricks!  The house looks excellent too... all it needs is an Eslandian flag! :pir_tong2:  Great work!

Thanks!

On 12/20/2016 at 3:33 AM, Ayrlego said:

Well there is not much that hasn't already been said... but Wow! Fort Arlin certainty lived up to expectations, a truly phenomenal build!

Thank you!

On 12/21/2016 at 11:38 AM, Slegengr said:

Beautiful fort, Mike S!

Masonry bricks do look nice in large quantities, especially angled like that!  The effect is bettered by the fact that you used the back side of all the masonry bricks rather than the side with the offset showing.  The tan roof is nicely done.  It seems to be a common technique, but it seems to be hard to achieve a more realistic shake roof in LEGO form.  The battlements really add to the visual of this fort, especially with cannons added in some of the spaces!  Nice foliage around the fort (especially with the color shift and elevation shift)!  I really like the tiling pattern on the wall top!

Thanks! I did however use the "brick" side of those bricks.

On 12/21/2016 at 0:18 PM, SilentWolf said:

I saw this the day you posted but I wanted to wait to comment until I had a chance to look it over carefully. I really like the sloped fort walls. They turned out amazingly. The entrance to the fort is exceptionally done, and I like the light texturing of the ground which is consistent with the packed dirt that would exist in such a situation. I love the staircase to the upper wall. The vegetation outside the fort also looks great. 
I attempted to count the studs and got 78x88 studs. Is that correct? This is definitely a masterpiece and worth the wait to see. Great job!

Thank you! I'll have to recount the studs when I take it out of storage.

On 12/21/2016 at 5:33 PM, Captain Green Hair said:

Awesome model! The angled walls are great and you've managed to cram in a lot of detail for it's size. I do wonder why you haven't used cheeseslopes for the blocks on the wall instead of 45 degree slopes with tiles.

Thank you! 45 degree slopes is what I had on hand.

On 12/28/2016 at 1:35 PM, Garmadon said:

Wow, that's definitely one sturdy fortress there, Mike!  As Kai mentioned, the shades of green are excellent and add a lot to the color-scheme, and those tilting walls and cannons give it the aspect of a force to be reckoned with! :pir-wink:  That roof technique is great as well, and the white is a perfect color choice - excellent job, and keep it up! :pir-sweet:

Thank you!

Fantastic fort! :wub: It looks rock-solid, and the sloped walls are nice. I like the scale and setting, and it appears to be well-armed despite the mobility issue. The tan roof looks great too. Overall it's a very nice arrangement. :thumbup: