Part 4 - Winning the people
Part 5 - The Candidate
Part 6 - The Safe Harbour Plan
Part 7 - Beyond
Part 8 - The Launching
Part 9 - Denied
Part 10 - Admius Legistrad

30876797264_bd88ef5f7a_c.jpg

Román Esteban Fontonajo had just reached the highest spot on the island of Nellisa. On top of the Terreli Hills stood a small tower, that Fontonajo's men had built years ago. Not only was it a great watchtower to protect the roads and farms from outlaws. It was also the best spot to think about his strategic plans on the island. Román came here whenever he needed time to think.

Now that he stood on top of his tower, the suggestion from Willem Guilder and Guy K. Wyndzon circled through Fontonajo's mind. In his early years in the colonies he had not been an active member of Eslandolan politics. But that had changed, especially over the past year. He had become mayor of Nova Terreli and had taken the Viceroy's fortress in a military coup. He was the first to openly oppose King Fernando, even before the latter had attacked Oleon.

And he had declared independence for Nellisa, and had become the de-facto-governor of the island. Nellisa had not yet officially accepted the constitution, nor had he. But that was about to change.

All was about to change.

30876798654_3809dd89a5_z.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Oooooh, another story build :excited:

4 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

He was the first to openly oppose King Fernando, even before the latter had attacked Oleon.

I'm thinking that this hasn't gone unnoticed in Granoleon :wink:

5 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

All was about to change.

Waiting so see where this is headed.

Oh, wait... yes, there's a build, too :grin: Simple tower, yet effective. I'm just loving great choices for colors used in builds - and this here is one of those. The white is really popping out, due to your use of olive green, dark tan and dark red.

Well done :thumbup:

A nice moc progressing your story. Watchtowers are still an integral part of BoBS universe, so build some more people! (I might start a mini-contest now that i think of it).

May I ask which set contains that horse? :wub:

I thought one needed permission when seizing another players residence?

I got it that you are the mayor of Nova Terelli and governor of the island, but IMHO, it is not done to kick another players character out of the game.

The Viceroy is the character of Kabel, and it is also Kabel who build the Fortress. He still is working on the expansion of the fortress, as it is his residence... Kabel was really pissed of due your storyline and your actions are one of the reasons he is not that focussed anymore on BoBs...

So please correct your story and let our Eslandolan Viceroy reside in his fortress...

Wonderful build, and the play on words is perfect! The bold colors of the tower stand out nicely against the muted hues of the ground and vegetation. The climbing vine is an excellent touch, and your ability to create realistic, natural bases for your builds is in usual fine form. I look forward to the continuation of this story! :thumbup:

IC:

Gov. Damaximus, while I (Gov. Guilder) was not aware that Roman Fontonajo had literally kicked the viceroy out (as I was unaware that the viceroy made that his regular residence; I was under the impression he was rarely there), that story has played out over the past months. Although I was aghast at Fontonajo's bold move to declare independence as Eslandola teetered on the brink of civil war, I none-the-less supported his move to seize control of the fortress as vital to the security of the colonies. I myself sailed to Terreli with a company of troops to confront the king. That the king finally saw reason is the only reason I did not do worse than that which you accuse Roman, and If the viceroy returns to Nellisa, I'm sure suitable accommodations can be arranged. :pir-grin:

@Maxim I: Please read carefully and discuss the military coup where it belongs. I wonder though, why in four and a half months noone has yet argued against me taking the Castillo? Also please keep in mind that the official version is, has always been and will always be that due to the absence of the Viceroy (which has been MOCed even by kabel, and he has not returned yet) crime rates have increased in Nova Terreli, and thus Fontonajo decided to reinforce the Eslandolan troops at the Castillo with his personal guard. Fontonajo was welcomed by the troops, and order was restored in the city. Noone has ever been thrown out of anything.

Also ooc: Once kabel lets the Viceroy return and asks me to leave, I will do so immediately...

Great looking fortress and lovely story. I have been waiting for quite some time to see the Fontonajo response to the constitution!

As to the OOC thing (ever wondered why we call you Eslandrama? :P ) I would 1) suggest that it is something better handled in private, and 2) say that IC, Elos's story makes perfect sense and seems perfectly reasonable. While OOC agreements could possibly have been made in advance, I fail to see how this should lead to any conflict. It has been very interesting to follow, and an IC reaction from the viceroy would just make it even better! ;)

@Bregir

I have considered to send private messages about this, but then again, this could be a precedent for the future.

Say for example that you are absent for 4 months, does that gives another Corrie the right to invade your properties?

@Elostirion @Capt Wolf

Life can be hectic for anyone of us, making a small break necessary.

And even the IC argument does not makes sense as the Viceroy had agreed to  form a constitution, long before Fontonajo made his move (check my secret meeting at the Prince of Stedor topic)...

If Elos really wanted to do this properly, he should have asked in the Eslandolan thread if it was okay. Giving Kabel (or real life friends of him who know why he was less active) the chance of explaining his lack of inactivity at the time.

And yes it is 4 months ago, but at the time being, I was busy with other stuff and thought it was just a symbolic action. But it turns out that Fontonajo still is owning the fortress...

8 hours ago, Maxim I said:

@Bregir

I have considered to send private messages about this, but then again, this could be a precedent for the future.

Say for example that you are absent for 4 months, does that gives another Corrie the right to invade your properties?

@Elostirion @Capt Wolf

Life can be hectic for anyone of us, making a small break necessary.

And even the IC argument does not makes sense as the Viceroy had agreed to  form a constitution, long before Fontonajo made his move (check my secret meeting at the Prince of Stedor topic)...

If Elos really wanted to do this properly, he should have asked in the Eslandolan thread if it was okay. Giving Kabel (or real life friends of him who know why he was less active) the chance of explaining his lack of inactivity at the time.

And yes it is 4 months ago, but at the time being, I was busy with other stuff and thought it was just a symbolic action. But it turns out that Fontonajo still is owning the fortress...

It's not like Elostirion is getting the monthly revenue from owning it. It's strictly story fodder. And kabel isn't just busy; he grew frustrated with the game and left. If kabel rejoins the game at any time, the status of the fortress will be addressed. I really don't think there's an issue here. But it is a great opportunity for IC storytelling and character development, and with Damaximus's royal connection, such an IC response is welcomed.

Very nice little fort Elostirion, the colors are great and the way you did the entrance is really unique - in a good way! :thumbup:

OOC: Maxim, you might be overreacting.  Elostirion hasn't taken anything over OOC - he's just "occupying" a fortress in character that belonged to the Viceroy (or really?  Wasn't it a Royal Fortress anyways?  In point of fact, it was never licensed, it was just grandfathered in.  It doesn't even have to belong to Nova Terreli, if kabel would like to change locations), but since the Viceroy has disappeared (in character), it's perfectly conceivable that he's holding it for the Viceroy against the Viceroy's unruly troops.  And Elostirion has already said that he's quite willing to defer to the Viceroy whenever he shows up.  I think we're making mountains out of molehills here... :pir-wink:

48 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

It's not like Elostirion is getting the monthly revenue from owning it. It's strictly story fodder. And kabel isn't just busy; he grew frustrated with the game and left. If kabel rejoins the game at any time, the status of the fortress will be addressed. I really don't think there's an issue here. But it is a great opportunity for IC storytelling and character development, and with Damaximus's royal connection, such an IC response is welcomed.

As said, it is not IC that it is bothering me. (Viceroy was a love rival for Margot).

Kabel was frustrated due actions like this. So that's why I adress this. If people keep doing this in the future, more people will get frustrated and leave the game.

I always considered once personal property to be off limit, even storywise...

8 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

But the Nova Terreli forts are public property, not private.  This would be much different if someone was talking over a private, licensed artisan or something.  As said, the fort kabel built was never even licensed - not even by the crown!  It was just tacitly assumed to be one of the two previously un-MOCed forts already located at Nova Terreli.  It doesn't have to be.  Why can't Fontonajo take public forts over, in character, given the storyline of revolt from the King?  They aren't kabel's forts - they're Eslandola's forts.  And the storyline went that the King granted them to the Viceroy, but when the Viceroy disappears (I don't mean OOC, I mean, IC, kabel actually MOCed the Viceroy lost in the jungle!), I don't see anything wrong with the command of the forts being taken over by someone else, any more than I would see something wrong with mayors being changed if one mayor disappeared and acknowledged his disappearance..  I'm sorry if kabel was annoyed by this action; I got the impression that what he didn't like was the bickering over EGS subjects.  I think it would be easier to talk directly to him if this did bother him, so I'd suggest setting up a PM on the subject if you think it needs to be discussed further.

16 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

As said, it is not IC that it is bothering me. (Viceroy was a love rival for Margot).

Kabel was frustrated due actions like this. So that's why I adress this. If people keep doing this in the future, more people will get frustrated and leave the game.

My impression was that it wasn't considered personal property, but rather royal property, and that if there was an issue, Kai and/or Garmadon would have stepped in. And I thought kabel left because of issues with ship licensing and others inability to take a joke (i.e., the problem we discussed in the PM about the issues with trash talk in the game); if there were other issues behind the scenes, I was not privy to them. Additionally, this happened after his departure. I agree that personal property is off limits. If something like this happens again, we will address it at that time.

If you want to discuss this more, let's move this out of Elostirion's thread and into the Eslandola PM.

Thanks @Kai NRG and @Capt Wolf, nothing to add here. I would be glad to discuss this ooc with kabel, if it's a problem for him, as well as IC with whoever has an IC-problem with this.

Let's get back to the current storyline of Román Fontonajo, please (next one to follow).

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Let's get back to the current storyline of Román Fontonajo, please (next one to follow).

I'm all ears. ...and eyes

Drama aside, I quite like this build, while it is relatively simple, the colours really make it 'pop' (to borrow a term from Kai! :classic:) Great job and I look forward to the story continuing, the developments on Nellisa make for one of the most interesting storylines in the game.

Edited by Ayrlego

Your base is awesome, as always, while the style of the tower reminds me of the last LEGO-pirate line! Nice job overall :thumbup: