Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Land Ho! The New Haven Sea Region

As the tides of war turn, still discovery continues. Rumor of a continent not too far away has sprung up in all of the farthest eastern ports.  It seems to be only a matter of time before Halosians find it.  Four extremely large islands have been found that border the New Haven Sea, and each seem to be quite hospitable -- although to large for a nation to just claim through normal wheeling and dealing. Those who wish to claim these major islands will have to earn them through sweat and blood.  Blood that seems to already be boiling further west.  Still, the Safe Harbor Sea is known for its timid weather, its warm current, and its steady winds.  Violent storms are rare, and the islands that circle the sea are full of native inhabitants, some with more technology than has previously been observed on islands further west. There are also a series of islands that drip south from the New Haven Sea, making it evident that there are more islands, or maybe even a continent to the South. We will see which way the next wind of exploration blows.

31549812422_1a1f7e35b1_c.jpgNew Haven Map by skaforhire, on Flickr

PS nobody said mapmakers had to be good spellers.

Who is supposed to MOC on those islands, when some of the old islands only have one or two MOCs on them? Couldn't we just wait for some weeks or even months?

Also how is this supposed to work? Can I just start MOCing and founding settlements on the big islands right now? Are there already Mardierian settlements there?

14 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Who is supposed to MOC on those islands, when some of the old islands only have one or two MOCs on them? Couldn't we just wait for some weeks or even months?

Also how is this supposed to work? Can I just start MOCing and founding settlements on the big islands right now? Are there already Mardierian settlements there?

While I don't know anything, I would bet there is one on Maldria, just by the name:D

I'm all out of answers, but as soon as leadership is informed, we'll let you know here, too :thumbup:

For now... well... better stick to the islands we already call home... or occupied territory :grin:

Just because there are new islands, doesn't mean they have to be settled.

The larger islands have a mechanic that will be revealed in the near future. Just like any squatting location, you can squat there as well if you wish. 

Reports are that there are no Halosian settlements this far East.

Sea Rats will take them if nobody wants them.  An island for each SR's retirement villa.  :pir-grin:

51 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Sea Rats will take them if nobody wants them.  An island for each SR's retirement villa.  :pir-grin:

Start burying treasure folks, I'll be glad to hunt it! :pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Um, you'd have to have ships to do that and last I looked, the Sea Rats took all the ships :pir-devil:

41 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Um, you'd have to have ships to do that and last I looked, the Sea Rats took all the ships :pir-devil:

You are underestimating the speed at which a fleet can be created.

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

If no one buys my former White Skull at auction, I can bury it somewhere on an island in the new region for you to find.  :laugh:

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Just now, dr_spock said:

If no one buys my former White Skull at auction, I can bury it somewhere on an island in the new region for you to find.  :laugh:

I sense an incongruity.

:pir-grin:

COOL!!!!  New islands have been discovered!  Potential for new Camps/Hamlets/Towns/Cities.  

Thanks for the sweet map and info Ska!

42 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

COOL!!!!  New islands have been discovered!  Potential for new Camps/Hamlets/Towns/Cities.

Not really. They're sort of "look but don't touch" at the moment.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Not really. They're sort of "look but don't touch" at the moment.

That is not true, go ahead and settle them... or wait a week or two and use faction points to do it...  They are there, in play, if you want to check them out, do it.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:14 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

Thanks for the sweet map and info Ska!

First time I've seen Stash so excited :tongue: