Brick Ministry

Review | LEGO 75170 Star Wars ● THE PHANTOM

The Phantom appears to be a great set, although the under carriage of the cockpit is ghastly, but not pleased with the price. I will certainly still pay to get Thrawn and the other two figures but i'm not keen, at least not in the same way I was with the AT-ST.  

It's a shame there's so many stickers. At that price point they could have at least printed a few parts.

Edited by Super Hans

Looks like a fun build but with the number of sets and frequency of release for star wars sets nowadays, it'll have to be a miss unless there's a good deal on amazon. Love Thrawn though. 

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

How large is the interior space? Can it fit a minifig?

The cockpit seats one minifig, and the cargo hatch in the back is big enough to hold one of those 2x2x3 cargo crates. If you brought in a minifig's legs and crammed him in there, then I think you'd be fine.

10 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

The cockpit seats one minifig, and the cargo hatch in the back is big enough to hold one of those 2x2x3 cargo crates. If you brought in a minifig's legs and crammed him in there, then I think you'd be fine.

I see. By far my greatest disappointment with this set is its lack of interior space (not counting the cockpit). The back seems large enough to accommodate minifigs, but the design had to use up space for the trigger mechanism for the spring-loaded shooters.

19 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

Does the new phantom fit with the Ghost set?

It can fit on it. However it looks ridiculous and only backwards even if you remove the cockpit. Also there is no stud connection.

Where's the creative spirit?! Just remove the unnecessary stuff (like the spring mechanism..) & you will maximize the available space.

I like the set, but also wonder about some decisions by the designers:
- Why didn't they include engines, but instead very awkward tan pieces at the rear? How can a experianced designer include strange colours instead of important engines?!
- Why use more details on the interior side of the ramp, instead of the outside?

Though, being a Rebels set and including this awesome Kanan figure plus of course Thrawn, will mean that I'll purchase it at any ridiculous priece - like the last Ahoka set :pir-murder:
Thx for the review!

Yes! Admiral Thrawn! Now, i'm not a Rebels fan, but Thrawn and Kanan look AMAZING! I also love that the ship is from The Clone Wars era! Im also loving the new blue hair piece for Thrawn! This set is on my To-Buy list! 

There are only two issues with this set, the price 40 euro in Ireland and the fact the Grand Admiral Thrawn minifigure has an obvious misprint on it.

Image result for grand admiral thrawn lego phantom

Image result for grand admiral thrawn star wars rebels

Notice the issue, it's minor but very noticeable..

^You can't blame the designer, it was based on, and is accurate to, concept art.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:21 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I like the set, but also wonder about some decisions by the designers:
- Why didn't they include engines, but instead very awkward tan pieces at the rear? How can a experianced designer include strange colours instead of important engines?!
- Why use more details on the interior side of the ramp, instead of the outside?

Yeah, those tan pieces are f--king weird. They should be translucent yellow 1x2 plates imo. I am okay with the ramp, though.

On 12/18/2016 at 5:14 PM, USBrickCustoms said:

Yes! Admiral Thrawn! Now, i'm not a Rebels fan, but Thrawn and Kanan look AMAZING! I also love that the ship is from The Clone Wars era! Im also loving the new blue hair piece for Thrawn! This set is on my To-Buy list! 

Same, despite its ridiculous price. The blue hair is pretty sweet.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:21 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Though, being a Rebels set and including this awesome Kanan figure plus of course Thrawn, will mean that I'll purchase it at any ridiculous price - like the last Ahsoka set :pir-murder:
Thx for the review!

Didn't get that... but I want Ahsoka, even now. Shoot.

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

^You can't blame the designer, it was based on, and is accurate to, concept art.

Well others are blaming this misprint on the designers of the set on other sites. I myself am a bit unhappy with the misprint and the 40 euro price tag on the set, but luckily i had more than enough money to buy it.

3 minutes ago, fire117 said:

Well others are blaming this misprint on the designers of the set on other sites. I myself am a bit unhappy with the misprint and the 40 euro price tag on the set, but luckily i had more than enough money to buy it.

Well I'm personally okay with the misprint. Better than no Thrawn at all :tongue: and where I live the set is 69.99 which translates to $34.99 US price. Not great, but a lil bit better.