Gaultier

My Lego buses and Lego sets

This is my first time to take some pictures for my Lego buses and some Lego sets with same scale together. It's quite interesting. ^v^

all_other_1s.jpg

all_other_2s.jpg

all_other_3s.jpg

all_other_4s.jpg

all_other_5s.jpg

all_other_6s.jpg

all_other_7s.jpg

all_other_8s.jpg

all_other_9s.jpg

Edited by Gaultier

They look very good. Quite realistic too! I also like the low angle on the last couple of shots. They give s real feel for the scale. The big buses are imposing but the sizing looks absolutely properly. Good work! :classic: :thumbup:

It's always nice to combine different types of vehicles to see how they look like together. It works out nicely here, too - however, you've chosen sets which are rather large in scale themselves (also regarding the Speed Champions cars which can't be called minifig scale in my opinion). Combining your buses with usual town vehicles or modular buildings or even road plates would be rather difficult, I guess. 

Since I'm rather curious regarding this aspect: Could you tell something about the exact scale of your 10w buses?

On ‎2016‎年‎12‎月‎17‎日 at 7:40 AM, Venunder said:

Those Doubledeckers are great. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: 

Are the Decals transfers or stickers?

Thank you !!! :classic:

The decals are stickers.

On ‎2016‎年‎12‎月‎18‎日 at 5:28 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Fantastic collection :wub:

The huge truck how carries the heavy digger is a standrad lego set or is a MOC?

It is the LEGO CITY set 7900.

11 hours ago, ER0L said:

It's always nice to combine different types of vehicles to see how they look like together. It works out nicely here, too - however, you've chosen sets which are rather large in scale themselves (also regarding the Speed Champions cars which can't be called minifig scale in my opinion). Combining your buses with usual town vehicles or modular buildings or even road plates would be rather difficult, I guess. 

Since I'm rather curious regarding this aspect: Could you tell something about the exact scale of your 10w buses?

My Lego buses are just only fit for Speed Champions sets or some large scale City sets only. They cannot be combined with usual town vehicles and road plates. I think 8w bus is more suitable for combining with usual town vehicles and road plates. But some Lego parts are too large for 8w bus such as indicator light (Plate, round 1x1). So, 10w bus is my final decision.

The scale of my Lego buses is about 1:31.25 (4 studs = 1 metre)

On 19.12.2016 at 2:11 AM, Gaultier said:

My Lego buses are just only fit for Speed Champions sets or some large scale City sets only. They cannot be combined with usual town vehicles and road plates. I think 8w bus is more suitable for combining with usual town vehicles and road plates. But some Lego parts are too large for 8w bus such as indicator light (Plate, round 1x1). So, 10w bus is my final decision.

The scale of my Lego buses is about 1:31.25 (4 studs = 1 metre)

Thanks for the info. Now I understand the idea behind it: You're looking for the smallest element you want to recreate in Lego, and this element determines the scale. I must admit that often compromises have to be met regardings such aspects in smaller scales where even headlights are often too big. But well, in my opinion dealing with compromises is what makes Lego building so interesting. For some reasons my buses (in fact there's only one of them so far) are only 7w(+) - also a compromise, they should be slightly wider to meet the scale of the passenger cars, but plain 8w vehicles are huge in comparison to buildings in a decent size. 

Anyhow looking forward to further buses from you, regardless of their width! :thumbup:

You have deffenitely been busy creating some fantastic looking buses. We realy need more buses in LEGO in general. I esspecially like the double-decker buses and the little details you have added, particularly on the front of the buses.

I reccomend that you make some articulated buses. With the amount of skill you have, I'm sure you could create some somehow.

Well done!

The lego fan

Edited by The lego fan