Sign in to follow this  
Zerobricks

[KEY TOPIC] LDD custom bricks

I've just finished making 5563 - Racing Truck from the Model Team, and I was a bit disappointed that a large part was unavailable, so I set about making one.

71972 - Vehicle, Grille Guard (Exclusive to set 5563-1)

p_71972a.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another attempt at recreating it, in case the one above isn't suitable for a MOC:

71972 - Vehicle, Grille Guard (Alternative version)

p_71972b.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

Edited by Gnac

Good entry ilulz

Could yo post that as separate parts?

It yould be useful to add an image or a link to the original part.

I've got a few things:

L motor and Servo motor

landservov.2.jpg

Here's the .LXF

A revision of the new studless pneumatic valve.

valvev.2.jpg

The pneumatic air tank.

tank.jpg

Here's the file for both .LXF

With the exception of the valve, all parts are connected, and can be moved with the connected selection tool.

Well, that's all for now, see ya!

• 2681 - Support 6x6x10 Stanchion
    2681.pngarrow-06.png2681_v1.png
    The solution is not fully connected.
  • 2426 - Black Technic Rack Winder Complete Assembly (202 Technic Rack Winder + 200 Technic Rack Winder Axle)
    2426.gifarrow-06.png2426_v1.png2426_v2.png
    I provided two different versions, depending on the use.
    Both the solution are not fully connected.
  • 2428 - Technic Rack 1x20x2/3
    2428.pngarrow-06.png2428_v1.png
    The solution is unconnected.
  • 2448 - Panel 3x2x5,2/3
    2448.pngarrow-06.png2448_v1.png
    The solution is unconnected.
  • 30101 - Door Frame 2 x 8 x 6 Swivel with Bottom Notches
    30101.jpgarrow-06.png30101_v1.png
    The solution is not fully connected.

Download HERE the lxf file containing all those templates (available both as templates and as groups).

You cannot import new parts in LDD, and these parts are complex and not easy to reproduce using a brick build solution.

Are you sure these parts are not in LDD?

Look if the hints of this topic help you.

EDIT: I took a look, it seems the parts are not available.

Anyway you can request that here, maybe the LDD Team will consider your request.

I got in the spirit of building some old Legoland sets, and I needed a couple of these.

5032-1 / 4629c01 - Jack

p_5032-1.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

I'm going to try and make this next, and I am absolutely dreading it, because I already know that it won't look good.

This is more a of a curio, since I doubt it can be used like the real part would.

47674, 47675 & 47676 - X-POD Container

p_x-pod.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

(I don't want to make the trailer!)

3680c01 Turntable Disassembled

67ed0ec8adf95f67c5dc4e5f36abe0ed.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

Hitting Num 5 will cause the camera to "disappear" due to the bricks being 5000CM off.

Edited by LUModder

981, 982, 983 & 973 Minifig Torso (with arms and hands) Disassembled

fbe5ab3d486a26e2031c2c776cbea09b.png

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

Again, hitting 5 will mess up camera due to same method of disassembly as the turntable.

Edited by LUModder

981, 982, 983 & 973 Minifig Torso (with arms and hands) Disassembled

(image clipped)

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

Again, hitting 5 will mess up camera due to same method of disassembly as the turntable.

3680c01 Turntable Disassembled

(image clipped)

LXF (LDD 4.3.6)

Hitting Num 5 will cause the camera to "disappear" due to the bricks being 5000CM off.

LUModder - how did you do this? I have seen the tricks to remove the components, but they were always tied to the original. I could separate the arm, for example, but it would always be linked to the torso and I couldn't move them independently.

Why LDD has so many missing parts, why LDD has a lot of collision problems, why Lego does not improve LDD in these areas (more than marginally)?

They don't want us with a powerful tool or it is too costly to them?

Edited by Vee

Why LDD has so many missing parts, why LDD has a lot of collision problems, why Lego does not improve LDD in these areas (more than marginally)?

They don't want us with a powerful tool or it is too costly to them?

The latter. Not only does the LDD team have a limited budget (since it's a division of Lego that does not produce its own profits), but the team itself is limited in scale and the amount they can do. I think LDD is doing perfectly fine, considering that. They're working in close collaboration with us AFOLs via the Ambassador program, and while updates are spread out I would say the improvements in all the areas you mentioned are far more than "marginal". I use LDD as my primary CAD software, partly due to the intuitive controls and interface, and partly because its part selection tends to favor newer parts more than other design programs (especially in constraction categories). And I've seen significant improvements in the areas you mentioned over the course of the past few updates. It'll probably never have every part from over the course of Lego's history, but it's got a wide selection that's growing all the time. And it seems that the most significant glitches and errors are usually fixed in the next update after they're brought to the team's attention. So I really can't complain.

My first post on Eurobricks (I think) :look:

I thought I would post up a couple parts I have modified and built to assist me making LDD models with the old pirate hull types. I can not claim to be the ultimate creator of these hull parts as they came from Marco999's wonderfull renegade runner model here:

http://www.eurobrick...300#entry877255

I did however take and carefully peel away the rest of the bricks and then modify the design into the large hull type. The horrid colors are hopefully to allow easy part selection when you are recoloring the bricks :)

post-130535-0-27799100-1419500090_thumb.jpg

old pirate ship mock up parts.lxf

Here is a picture of the large hulls being used to model the Caribbean Clipper

post-130535-0-47039800-1419500875_thumb.jpg

Chris

p.s. Doh I just noticed the sides of the large rear hull were not colored right.. doh

Edited by clm

Hi,

I'm working on a MOC for the TC6 competition in the "Lego Technic, Mindstorm & Model Team" sub-forum, and needed to make a representation for the Pneumatic air tank in order to remake the model in LDD. I couldnt find any that fully met my requirement, so i made this. As you can see it has side holes that are half a stud holes the changes before they change to cross just like on the real air tank. The bottom is missing a hole, and does not have the cross axle conections half way in, but visually its quite close to the real thing.

pneumatic-airtank-1_small.pngpneumatic-airtank-2_small.png

The .lxf can be found here.

-ED-

EDIT: Thanks for moving this to the correct topic. I'm not usually around this end of the forum, so I didn't know there was a collection for custom bricks.

Edited by Nazgarot