Oky

MOC: Pixar Advent Calendar

The Evil Emperor Zurg has stolen Christmas! Now it's up to Buzz Lightyear and his pointy-eared helper to deliver toys to all the children in the galaxy in his super-fast Star Command sleigh! Celebrate the holidays with mini-models from all your favorite Pixar movies including the iconic Luxo Jr. lamp, the famous Pizza Planet Truck, WALL-E with his plant, Remy from Ratatouille, Dory from Finding Nemo/Dory, Carl Fredricksen's house from UP, and a remote-controlled Omnidroid from the Incredibles.

This is my dream Lego advent calendar for the Brothers Brick Create-A-Calendar contest. The rules are to create 5-10 mini-models consisting of no more than 20 pieces each.

UPDATE: By popular demand, I have recreated these models in LDD so that you can use the instructions to build some of these yourself! Click here to download the LXF.

30806740594_93367629ec_z.jpg
LEGO PIXAR Advent Calendar by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

I hope you liked it and have a happy holiday!:classic:

To Infinity and beyo-ho-ho-nd!

These are really cool, I've always loved the small representations that the advent calendars have and these are some of the best I've seen. Do you have instructions for the builds I would really love to make some of these? Specifically Carl's house, robot from Incredibles, and the Pizza Planet truck. If not that's alright, still think these are really cool.

Nice! My favorites are the Pixar lamp (maybe the PIXAR letters could go with it?) and the little Wall-E. :classic:

It's MOCs like these that make me wish LEGO would branch out to other themes for their advent calendars, although my wallet wouldn't be too happy. :laugh: Great work!

This is awesome! I have never intentionally bought an advent set but I would gladly purchase this. Very creative and easily recognizable. (I do own 2 but they were bought in a bulk Lego purchase at a garage sale and I didnt know about them until I sorted it later)

Edited by fordtruckin
Clarification

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

On 12/15/2016 at 7:44 AM, Marvel_Geek8 said:

These are really cool, I've always loved the small representations that the advent calendars have and these are some of the best I've seen. Do you have instructions for the builds I would really love to make some of these? Specifically Carl's house, robot from Incredibles, and the Pizza Planet truck. If not that's alright, still think these are really cool.

I do now! :sweet:Click here to download an LDD file of the designs and generate the instructions!

On 12/15/2016 at 10:28 AM, t-brick said:

Nice! My favorites are the Pixar lamp (maybe the PIXAR letters could go with it?) and the little Wall-E. :classic:

Yes, I think I might build a full Pixar logo with the lamp someday!

On 12/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, Cobb said:

Haha that mouse is brilliant!

It's a rat, thank you very much.:wink:

20 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

I absolutely love the Remy! Do you mind if I borrow that design for my own display piece?

Of course not (as long as you give me credit for the design)! Use the link to the LDD file above to get the instructions for it.

1 minute ago, Oky said:

Of course not (as long as you give me credit for the design)! Use the link to the LDD file above to get the instructions for it.

Thanks, will do!

@Oky Excellent LDD, thanks, now to just make sure I have the parts and build!

Thanks,

Andy D