Sign in to follow this  
Technivor

Caterpillar CT660 tractor unit

Hi guys! Today I'm happy to show you my finished Cat ct660 truck.

It have all-Wheel-drive chassis, mobular cab and Hood and it can be easily changed into a dump truck by removing the fifth Wheel to place a m motor.

The truck use one servo motor for steering and two XL motor for propulsion.

DSCN3569DSCN3576DSCN3577

More pictures can be found here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/145703305@N06/albums 

It took me a while but the instructions are done and I will put the link soon!

Link for the instructions:http://rebrickable.com/mocs/Technivor/caterpillar-ct660

Thanks for tking the time to read and any comments are welcome!

Edited by Technivor

Very well built truck.  love all the details.  a video would also help out a lot. two XL motors at this scale is quite powerful.....would love to see it pulling something

31 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Very well built truck.  love all the details.  a video would also help out a lot. two XL motors at this scale is quite powerful.....would love to see it pulling something

Thank you for your comment!

Unfortunately I've disassembled the cab and Hood to make a new truck and I have forgot to make a video but I have one from some months with the same chassis (but old cab and Hood) here:

Two xl motor was the only solution for this truck! I don't why but the weight must be approximatively the same as Ingmar's trucks but L motor was not enough powerfull for it. Maybe my next truck will only need two L motor or one XL because what I've realized is that the axle hole on the wheels are now more slack than before!

Really nice truck in its latest itteration, it became very goodlooking and compact. Love that its a daycab.