Vyngard

(MOC) A-Wing fighter

When I was young I spended whole days on playing with my lego's. I had boxes full of them: town, star wars, technic, adventurers,...

One year ago I rolled back into the hobby and buyed Some sets and started collecting. I focus on the LEGO Star Wars now.

I love the Star Wars Rebels series and I started building my own A-wing Starfighter. Found some inspiration on this forum and the web. 

Here it is, but keep in mind, it isn't done yet.

nnn0qh.jpg6t09p2.jpgmw3zvt.jpgwjuw3k.jpg

Welcome to Eurobricks,

I love the colors of the cylinder and rim parts. I did not like this canopy piece but with this enhanced ship size, it looks great. I might try a V-wing this size with this canopy

Is the front most tile part non Lego? It looks like a Mega Bloks piece

Cheers

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Noo! Not Mega Bloks *oh2*

Noo! It really is Mega Blocks *oh2*:wacko:. Are we forgetting that LEGO doesn't even make a 4x4 flat tile, that's the immediate give away, no dout NOT LEGO:wacko:

Edited by MaxTube55
Added emphasis to the horrible crime that is using non-LEGO elements here or anywhere.

It is 6x6 but no sure if is lego, nice A wing, very similar of star wars rebels blue. 

34d6359f85fe067779a1f1f81b48217d.png

Edited by SPACIBA

1 hour ago, Dhivael said:

Although, it is a 6x6 tile and not a 4x4 like you suggest. Which IS a lego element, and does come in blue. See, http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6881#T=S&C=7&O={"color":7}

My bad I wasn't paying attention to size, but it looks off, although it might be lighting cause I have 6x6 tiles in LBG and they are more matte than other tiles.

Great design, the angles are sick! 

Definitely looks like the tile is Lego, I always remembered that piece having a rough like surface! 

Kind regards, Ellis.

The A-wing is one of my favourite ships and this is a great design. I really love how you have captured the chunkiness of the ship and I love the rounded edges. Would be interesting to see how the new fin moulded pieces from the A-wing v tie advanced set would look on your model.

im pretty confident that tile is a Lego piece. I'm sure I have one from the sopwith camel set but in green. That also has a matt finish that is very un-Lego like.

It IS an original lego part, NOT mega bloks. You guys got me doubting first, so I just checked when I got home from work. I got it from bricklink, so it could be possible..

I'm not satisfied with the overall looks so changes will be made, but the comments are very nice and supportive. Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Vyngard said:

It IS an original lego part, NOT mega bloks. You guys got me doubting first, so I just checked when I got home from work. I got it from bricklink, so it could be possible..

Ok, sorry for doubting you :)

Just that I haven't seen that piece before.

22 hours ago, SPACIBA said:

How many blue A wings do you have? I see another one in the pics

Yeah, you saw correctly. I'm accually trying to build the hangar inside Phoenix Home and a couple of fighters.

You can also see the hangar in progress in my first pictures.

latest?cb=20150607154412

Edited by Vyngard

Man you did such a great job capturing the design of the A-Wing, love how you used round bricks & cones to get the shape right, that's just brilliant in my opinion, and it's not even finished ! (acording to you) looking forward to seeing the full squad :)

4 hours ago, Vyngard said:

Yeah, you saw correctly. I'm accually trying to build the hangar inside Phoenix Home and a couple of fighters.

You can also see the hangar in progress in my first pictures.

latest?cb=20150607154412

that's so cool, i want to see this rebel hangar, but the ship its too big XD

ETdSUGmMo8bNKJDe-Regin.png