Hi guys, so I have been very busy recently with my builds! I have a lot to share starting with this recreation of a classic scene. 

30811244403_6eea387c0f_c.jpgIMG_20161203_151458 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

This build sits on a 12x14 base. I have tried to recreate the weather vane as faithfully to the film. 

30779602014_5fece460c8_c.jpgIMG_20161203_135638 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

The Luke mini fig is a custom, which I dont often like using, however the printing work on this figure is outstanding and looks perfect. 

31621248605_24f62c6af2_c.jpgIMG_20161208_225410 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

I am really happy with the technique to make the bridge and think it works really well.

31621250965_4499ff10c6_c.jpgIMG_20161207_145604 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Originally I wasn't going to add a backdrop but I think with just the sense of the walls behind the action it helps set the scene even more. 

30811243103_a0b5aca2a4_c.jpgIMG_20161204_194619 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Anyway I am really happy with how this has turned out, it was a pretty quick build with just bits and pieces I had lying around! As always though I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions and may the force be with you! 

30779609174_08aa6f9d81_c.jpgIMG_20161204_151421 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Did you use a wire on the cape? If so even more props to you for capturing all that detail! There was quite a draft up there in that scene. 

I am also curious to hear how you stabilized the beam running to the vane. I can't quite tell which pieces you employed but that is pretty amazing looking. 

Great job! 

Edited by Japanbuilder

10 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Nice MOC! Love the last picture too!

(I'm a Vader Fan, duh)

Like that Luke minifig too. LEGO needs to make a new one... and soon!

Thanks so much! I recently got a macro lens and have been playing around with it! Suprisingly Vader is actually quite tricky to photograph, took me ages to get a decent shot. Luke on the other hand (pun intended!) was great to capture! 

8 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Did you use a wire on the cape? If so even more props to you for capturing all that detail! There was quite a draft up there in that scene. 

I am also curious to hear how you stabilized the beam running to the vane. I can't quite tell which pieces you employed but that is pretty amazing looking. 

Great job! 

Hi there, believe it or not I actually didnt use anything on the cape, it just stayed in that position...in fact its still in that position even after moving the set around! It does look like wire work though, I was pretty pleased with it! 

As for the beam I simply used a 1x1 brick with 1 stud on the side, then used 5 1x1 bricks with clips for the main beam and attached a bar underneath mainly for aesthetics but I actually found it gave a little support too. Finally at the end I used a 1x1 with two studs on the side to attach the wheel on the underside and then build the main vane structure on top. 

Really simple but really effective! 

Thanks for your positive comments too! 

11 hours ago, dimnico said:

Thanks so much! I recently got a macro lens and have been playing around with it! Suprisingly Vader is actually quite tricky to photograph, took me ages to get a decent shot. Luke on the other hand (pun intended!) was great to capture! 

Hi there, believe it or not I actually didnt use anything on the cape, it just stayed in that position...in fact its still in that position even after moving the set around! It does look like wire work though, I was pretty pleased with it! 

As for the beam I simply used a 1x1 brick with 1 stud on the side, then used 5 1x1 bricks with clips for the main beam and attached a bar underneath mainly for aesthetics but I actually found it gave a little support too. Finally at the end I used a 1x1 with two studs on the side to attach the wheel on the underside and then build the main vane structure on top. 

Really simple but really effective! 

Thanks for your positive comments too! 

Wow! Well more props to you! Gonna have to try that on those new capes. Also that is a nice solution to that beam. It looks great. 

Edited by Japanbuilder

12 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Wow! Well more props to you! Gonna have to try that on those new capes. Also that is a nice solution to that beam. It looks great. 

Thanks! I loved these new cape designs and now realising how malleable they are I love them even more!  

A lovely little Vignette there buddy.  I love it !   You have inspired me to try this one day.  

I really love the big  "I am your Father" LDD design on lego ideas too.  

On 12/17/2016 at 3:59 PM, LOBOT-OMY said:

A lovely little Vignette there buddy.  I love it !   You have inspired me to try this one day.  

I really love the big  "I am your Father" LDD design on lego ideas too.  

Thanks so much! It was really simple, not many bricks and a quick build so I would highly recommend having a go! The LDD design version is epic right!

4 hours ago, brobert said:

great MOC, good photography too!

Thanks very much on both counts! If you are interested I have an Instagram account 'legodimnico' that showcases all my lego photography! ?