My fourth entry into the 14th Colossal Castle Contest, for the Traveling Salesman Category. I was inspired by the architecture of Dale from The Hobbit, and also Legopard and The Brick Vader’s rendition of Venice. Every building has a full interior.

The dwarves of Erebor sell many of their fine wares in Dale before continuing on their sales circuit to Mirkwood. Their skill in smithing and quarrying fine gems is well known.

o-1.jpg

Back-1.jpg

close.jpg

oh3.jpg

Cart3.jpg

See all the pictures here.

Thanks for looking,  C&C welcome :classic:

Very interesting build, SK!

The different architecture styles on the buildings are unique but fit well together.  The cart is nicely built at a small scale, especially with all the wares on the sides!  Great interiors as usual.  Nice work on the different angles on the buildings.

The detail I noticed first and like the most is the upside-down earth-orange plate roof!  That is simply beautiful!  I will have to remember this technique to use in the future.

29 minutes ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Awesome job Isaac! The stonework is pretty smooth, and the colors look great, other than it doesn't look quite like Dale... Anyways, Keep it up man!

Thanks! What parts don't you think look like Dale? I tried to follow this source image fairly closely. Though naturally, LEGO colors are somewhat limited :classic:

4 minutes ago, Slegengr said:

Very interesting build, SK!

The different architecture styles on the buildings are unique but fit well together.  The cart is nicely built at a small scale, especially with all the wares on the sides!  Great interiors as usual.  Nice work on the different angles on the buildings.

The detail I noticed first and like the most is the upside-down earth-orange plate roof!  That is simply beautiful!  I will have to remember this technique to use in the future.

Thanks Slegengr! I'm glad you liked the cart, as I thought that turned out nicely :classic:

I think the Dark Flesh with the Grey doesn't quite, but nonetheless, it is a great build, I keep noticing new details as I look at it, and the angled building is great!

Great MOC, soccerkid, full of life and details!

The interior desigs are superb as well, they make me want to play:-) The merchant is quite cool too.

Keep it up!

Brilliant job SK!  Out of all the impressive details, one that stands out for me the most is the orange? roof- that technique looks surprisingly excellent!  What colour exactly is the roof, I can't quite tell.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, Fletcher Floyd said:

Great MOC, soccerkid, full of life and details!

The interior desigs are superb as well, they make me want to play:-) The merchant is quite cool too.

Keep it up!

Thanks Fletcher, I've been enjoying your CCC entries as well :classic:

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, Vorkosigan said:

Very nice! I like all the textures of the architecture, and think the nougat and grey is an interesting combo. 

Thanks!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:45 PM, BrickCurve said:

Brilliant job SK!  Out of all the impressive details, one that stands out for me the most is the orange? roof- that technique looks surprisingly excellent!  What colour exactly is the roof, I can't quite tell.

Thanks BC, and the roof is dark orange 2x2 plates.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:25 AM, Svendp said:

Beautiful

Thank you :classic:

Beautiful moc mate, one ofyour best I think :) Much improved photography and editing also.:wub:

Beautifull little set-up. What it makes it lifelike for me is the angle of the building with the orange roof towards the other buildings and the small alleys and differences in hight. 

I love the design of the buildings! Very fine details, it's great we get clean views of the interior. Also very notable is the slanted path in front of the light grey/dark orange building.

Hey Soccerkid, really nice MOC! I love how you built the ground with plates and the very detailed building facades. The colorful accents work well here. It's great how you fit so much detail into the small interiors.

I also wanted to say how impressive it is to have seen your progress on MOCing since you joined this site a few years back. It's very encouraging for people who don't have much experience in building MOCs to see great stuff like this as a result of hard work and practice. Keep up the good work, and good luck in the CCC. :classic:

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:08 AM, Gunman said:

Beautiful moc mate, one ofyour best I think :) Much improved photography and editing also.:wub:

Thanks Gunman :sweet:

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:33 AM, TheLordOfBricks said:

Congrats on getting the homepage Isaac! Well deserved!

Thanks! That was a very pleasant surprise.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:04 PM, Borex said:

Beautifull little set-up. What it makes it lifelike for me is the angle of the building with the orange roof towards the other buildings and the small alleys and differences in hight. 

Thank you, the angled building and different street levels were two things I knew I wanted right from the beginning.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, The Loreman said:

I love the design of the buildings! Very fine details, it's great we get clean views of the interior. Also very notable is the slanted path in front of the light grey/dark orange building.

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with how the sloped section of road worked out.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:41 PM, JimBee said:

Hey Soccerkid, really nice MOC! I love how you built the ground with plates and the very detailed building facades. The colorful accents work well here. It's great how you fit so much detail into the small interiors.

I also wanted to say how impressive it is to have seen your progress on MOCing since you joined this site a few years back. It's very encouraging for people who don't have much experience in building MOCs to see great stuff like this as a result of hard work and practice. Keep up the good work, and good luck in the CCC. :classic:

Thanks Jimbee :sweet: 

3 hours ago, carebear said:

Wow!!!

Love this!!!

- Love Rooftops

Great Work!!!

Greetings

Thanks!

That's an amazing MOC, soccerkid6! :thumbup:

I esp. like that you built the buildings with an open back in order to that we can gaze at the interior.

Yet another awesome build from you. ( Well didn´t expect nontheless ). 

Your building skills are killing me. So much detail on so few studs. Not to mention your way of making colors work together. 
Seem´s like you will never dissapoint us.

Sooo love this build from you ! :thumbup: