eliza

MOC: Music Store - Modular Building

My latest modular is a music store from a city in the American midwest. (Sorry for the poor photos - I took them with my cell phone. My camera battery is dead.)

30796690073_4bd3933910_o.png

At four stories this is the tallest moc I've done to date. The first floor is an instrumental music shop.

31233978870_cc18ed0b48_o.png

31606518615_e12b6bb070_o.png

30796673903_3a83a81f91_o.png

Here it is next to Palace Cinema. The alley looks better when it's next to another building:

31569161726_64ea62fb7d_o.png

Thanks for looking! More photos (including better images of the fire escape and cornice) can be seen on flickr.

Great modular! The facade looks very realistic and the interior is also nicely done. The alley next to building is a nice touch!

Looking at the new acuistic guitar I have the feeling there will be quite a bit music stores popping up in the next months. ;-)

Well done. It definitely has a NYC feeling to it. And I agree, the fire escape works better next to another building. I usually don't like tall buildings, but this looks great. Downside, is the modulars are now so short in comparison. I would like to have a taller city, but in terms of scale and other builders in our LUG, I doubt it would be too wise to have them too tall since they will stand out too much.

Otherwise I like the dark red/red brown mixture on the front. Clever way of spelling MUSIC. I may have to borrow that sometime.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:48 PM, peedeejay said:

Great modular! The facade looks very realistic and the interior is also nicely done. The alley next to building is a nice touch!

Looking at the new acuistic guitar I have the feeling there will be quite a bit music stores popping up in the next months. ;-)

Thanks! That acoustic guitar is a gorgeous bit of plastic.  I wouldn't be surprised if it inspired more music themed mocs.

On 12/15/2016 at 2:29 PM, TheLegoDr said:

I usually don't like tall buildings, but this looks great. Downside, is the modulars are now so short in comparison.

My moc modulars now outnumber my official Lego modulars. I have a pretty standard scale that I build to now which is in line with Palace Cinema and Fire Brigade. I like a variety of heights, but some of the official modulars are starting to look undersized and need some modifications. I added a 4th floor to GE but the floors themselves are relatively short so overall the building is shorter than this one. If I add a brick of height to each floor, I think it will match much better. The newer modulars need even greater modding from my POV which is probably why I've been kind of "meh" about them.

Love the facade, particularly the colour combination and the textures.