Ahoy, fellow KPA-subscribers,

Build #1 after the MCRA-results have hit the news - and some jaws the floor. No MCRA-result build, though - something bigger! Well, introducing something big, at least... or contributing to introduce it.

Anyway, for now enjoy this here :wink:

Home Alone

Joy was in the air. After many weeks without any news at all, the bulk of the Oleander fleets finally arrived safely in the trading ports of Halos. Some early reports had already hinted at great riches they would haul in. But these reports were all rendered trivial by the sheer unfathomable amount of trading goods from New Terra that was really being shipped in! So there finally seemed to be enough capital around to go through with an ambitious plan the Duke of Vele had proposed to His Majesty. A plan that involved great financial risk. But one that in return also promised even greater profits for all courageous enough to embrace it. And, most importantly, this plan offered the chance to gain a more effective grasp on Oleon's colonial possessions, and promote settling in the New World. There was much at stake. And it meant a break with some traditional habits. A fact that wasn't to everyone's liking...

30770084983_fafda4f27e_c.jpg

Spoiler

And a wider shot to get a feeling for the size:

31433440632_a537ba7d03_c.jpg

About:

I tried to achieve a rather dark atmosphere - matching the Lord Chancellor's mood. And I quite like it, given that there's no after editing involved.

What else? Well, all-Lego scene means lots of parts involved (13000+), but it's not detailed at all :wink: Hmm... maybe one day I'll build a true temple in this style.

And last, but not least: Credits for the candleholder-design go to Garmadon :classic:

C&C welcome

Oh, and stay tuned for more! :wink:

Vive le Roi!

Wonderful looking temple. The dark grey reminds me of Notre Dame, and the pillars are great. I live how you made the.. Capitols? Top of the pillars I mean. Whatever.

Great looking build with a very loaded atmosphere, matching the rather foreboding story very well. Recently, I have been wondering how the faith would act under the new king, as they do not seem to be the best of friends...

Looking forward for more!,

Excellent build, KB, exciting times for the Brick Seas, and the build captures the, uh, erhm, not exactly excitement of the chancellor very well! :laugh: :grin:  The sheer size and height of the thing is very impressive, and the candles look great here (if I do say so myself :pir_laugh2:)!  The light shining across the floor design (which looks awesome, by the bye - I'd love to be able to get a better view of it!) adds a lot to the feel of the huge empty room :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing where this all takes you (plural - ye, I should say :pir-grin:)! :pir-sweet:

Hmm... something's i' the air!

The blue and red behind the windows add a lot!  I really like the pillars too, especially the top - pity I don't have nearly the right kind of pieces to do that in real bricks...

When a ship financed by the Crahaish neh Triuri can make a significant profit in Granoleon, of course the Order of the Faith would be concerned.

A lovely grandiose build.

Now is the time for some dramatic music and some sinister laugther???

Muhahahahahaha!

P.S: The leaning head is the epitome of his feelings!

Beautiful, KB!

The columns, vaulted ceiling, and stained-glass windows are just excellent!  The posing of the figure is well done for LDD.  Perfect shadows at the ceiling and lighting through the windows!