Sign in to follow this  
aukevin

Sharing my Christmas Village, ski slope, pics and video

I've been working on my Christmas village the past couple months and I've finally finished (at least for this year ;).  I've been coming to this site for about a year or so and I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's creations and they definitely helped inspired me for this village.  Special thanks to @mouseketeer's Holiday Train additions and @alex54's sidewalk idea, they both added so much to my scene.  I used the major Lego Winter sets like the Post Office, train, bakery, toy shop, cottage, and market, but then also added some City sets and just winterized them like the train station and corner deli.  The big thing I added was the ski slope with train tunnel underneath.  First time building something like that and it came crashing down quite a few times as I was learning how to make it sturdy.

Here is a video of the village as well as some of my favorite pics.  If you want to see all my pics, you can look at the album here:  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42918210@N02/albums/72157673805943793/with/31192649580/

Holiday train pulling into the station:

Lego Christmas Village and Holiday Train

A good look at the additional train cars designed by @mouseketeer

Lego Christmas Village and Holiday TrainLego Christmas Village and Holiday Train

This is a good look at how I winterized my train station and you can see my traffic signals and the sidewalks inspired by @alex54.

Christmas tree farm

Winter bakery with a bench outside

Skating area and village market area

Post office and bus stop

My ski slope with train tunnel underneath:

Santa taking off for Christmas Eve deliveries:

One final shot of the train heading into the tunnel

Let me know what you think.

Edited by aukevin

16 hours ago, Fenestra said:

Love love love!!! How did you do the Ski Slope and tunnel?

It was a lot of trial and error in order to make it stable.  I knew I wanted the "North Pole" at the top with Santa's Workshop so I started with that in place and then I built the tunnel openings with arch pieces to get the spacing correct.  For the ski slope, that thing broke on me so many times.  I used the flatter slope pieces that were 3 spaces deep rather than the 2 so that the slope wasn't too steep.  Then I used the tall slope pieces on the sides.  The figures are just stuck on with that putty stuff for sticking things to walls.  It isn't permanent and comes off real easy without hurting anything.

Nice city layout, very "Crhistmasy"!

And glad to see that you have used my pavement for your street! ^^

Very nice. I might 'borrow' your idea to winterize corner deli and other city buildings I currently have. I only use modulars in my city lay out, as I do feel the 'regular' city sets are not quite in proportion. Never thought of adding them to the winter scene though. Good thinking 

5 hours ago, Svendp said:

Very nice. I might 'borrow' your idea to winterize corner deli and other city buildings I currently have. I only use modulars in my city lay out, as I do feel the 'regular' city sets are not quite in proportion. Never thought of adding them to the winter scene though. Good thinking 

Thanks!  I know what you mean, I'm just the opposite of you.  I wanted to add modular sets to my winter village because they are so good looking, but the scale was too big compared to the Winter sets.  Guess it saves me money not having to get the expensive modular buildings for my village.  It was hard not to get the Fire Brigade, but when I measured it out and put some bricks in my village to replicate its size, I knew I just couldn't add those tall buildings.  The only problem with the City sets are the colors and how modern they are.  Those don't always fit in to the winter set themes, so I found winterizing them was necessary so the modern theme of them doesn't stick out.

Wow, great set-up!
I love the snowy mountain with the ski slopes and the train tunnel.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

18 hours ago, aukevin said:

It was hard not to get the Fire Brigade, but when I measured it out and put some bricks in my village to replicate its size, I knew I just couldn't add those tall buildings.  The only problem with the City sets are the colors and how modern they are.  Those don't always fit in to the winter set themes, so I found winterizing them was necessary so the modern theme of them doesn't stick out.

I know brickcitydepot has some winter themed instructions available. There's also a fire dept. there. 

thanks for sharing.

a lot of work to change seasons in your city! how long will winter last? :classic:

my favorite is your tunnel. great work - congrats.

Love the video! Been watching it every day to get ideas for my winter scene. The song really gets you in the Christmas spirit.

On 12/21/2016 at 1:38 PM, NewTown said:

Love the video! Been watching it every day to get ideas for my winter scene. The song really gets you in the Christmas spirit.

That's awesome to hear, thanks. 

On 12/20/2016 at 4:51 AM, Svendp said:

I know brickcitydepot has some winter themed instructions available. There's also a fire dept. there. 

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about that place!

On 12/20/2016 at 6:01 AM, Zork said:

thanks for sharing.

a lot of work to change seasons in your city! how long will winter last? :classic:

my favorite is your tunnel. great work - congrats.

Winter may last into spring.  I don't know how I'm going to bring myself to disassemble this village.  I did build it in a way that hopefully I don't have to fully separate many things so I don't have to spend too much time next year reassembling so that there's time to build new stuff!

Thanks again to all for the comments :)