o0ger

[MOC] Blade Wing Starfighter

This is my entry in the Brickset Star Wars 'What's Missing?' building contest.

75213 Blade Wing Starfighter - £69.99, $79.99, €89.99 - Hera Syndulla, Garazeb Orrelios, Sabine Wren, Quarrie, BG-81

This set contains 704 parts.

- Fly into battle aboard the prototype Blade Wing Starfighter!
- Open the dual cockpits to seat the pilot and gunner inside.
- Convert the Blade Wing from its landed configuration to flight mode.
- Rotate the cockpits as the starfighter manoeuvres.
- Fire the spring loaded shooters.
- Includes Blade Wing Starfighter and five minifigures!

Blade Wing StarfighterBlade Wing StarfighterBlade Wing Starfighter

Edited by o0ger

Super cool! Very well done! Am though a bit picky with the red color  of choice, but then again.. I am color-blind ;)

Do you happen to have any instructions or ldd-file? I would love to build this!

I must approve Flandy, if that set was for sell, I would take one. I'm a huge B-Wing fan, and I love your interpretation of the prototype. Especially the rotating system for the two cockpits. Could you explain how you did that ? Thank you

The best Blade-wing (and B-wing) I've seen so far, great job !

7 hours ago, Thomty said:

Super cool! Very well done! Am though a bit picky with the red color  of choice, but then again.. I am color-blind ;)

Do you happen to have any instructions or ldd-file? I would love to build this!

Thanks! I know, I started out with orange, but it was too difficult to find good parts. So I choose red. I don't think the exakt color from the show exists in lego. I'll give you the LDD later. I'll just wait for the contest to finish first :)

7 hours ago, Flandy said:

This is fantastic, I'd buy this in an instant!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Gouniaf said:

I must approve Flandy, if that set was for sell, I would take one. I'm a huge B-Wing fan, and I love your interpretation of the prototype. Especially the rotating system for the two cockpits. Could you explain how you did that ? Thank you

The best Blade-wing (and B-wing) I've seen so far, great job !

I love the B-Wing too. Maybe I'll build another some day. I've made an image explaining how the rotation works. Get it?:

Blade Wing Internal Structure

Wonderfully designed! I did not see the double rotating cockpits at first, very cool. It looks really sturdy too. The back of the model is a little  square/sharp compared to the nice smooth/rounded front. I may be a bit nit picky, but it looks a little on the fat end(probably has to be to fit all the features). Other than that it is spot on.   Scale for this ship is hard to compare, So many different sources contradict each other, especially the Rebels vs. ROTJ, The rebels seems to be much bigger. 

I love B-Wings and this prototype is just fantastic!!

I also didn't notice the linked cockpit & guns as I skipped the video but when Gouniaf mentioned it, I went back to watch the video and I loved it even more!

Am definitely interested to build this if you release the LDD/instructions files. :wink:

14 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

Wonderfully designed! I did not see the double rotating cockpits at first, very cool. It looks really sturdy too. The back of the model is a little  square/sharp compared to the nice smooth/rounded front. I may be a bit nit picky, but it looks a little on the fat end(probably has to be to fit all the features). Other than that it is spot on.   Scale for this ship is hard to compare, So many different sources contradict each other, especially the Rebels vs. ROTJ, The rebels seems to be much bigger. 

Thanks Smitty. You are right about the sharp back part of the ship, and maybe the scale is a bit off too. However, there is a part limit  around 700 parts in the contest. I really had to choose carefully what details to focus on. I also wanted it to be kinda big, not as small as the B-wing sets released before. I think the cockpits are around 100 parts both, but I really wanted them detailed. I hade to leave out som details, like the back part of the ship. 

If I had had more time and more parts to build with, I would probably not have finished it at all ;) So I think the part limit in this contest was actually good. I mostly need restrictions and a deadline to finish things :)

46 minutes ago, o0ger said:

Thanks Smitty. You are right about the sharp back part of the ship, and maybe the scale is a bit off too. However, there is a part limit  around 700 parts in the contest. I really had to choose carefully what details to focus on. I also wanted it to be kinda big, not as small as the B-wing sets released before. I think the cockpits are around 100 parts both, but I really wanted them detailed. I hade to leave out som details, like the back part of the ship. 

If I had had more time and more parts to build with, I would probably not have finished it at all ;) So I think the part limit in this contest was actually good. I mostly need restrictions and a deadline to finish things :)

Right! I was not aware of some of these rules. It all makes sense. Well with all the guidelines, you made a great model. I am very fond of the smoothness, and the striking color pallet, I can't look away. It looks a blast to swoop around. Good luck in the contest!

1 hour ago, o0ger said:

This needs to be submitted to the LEGO ideas website.

Thanks everyone! I will post an LXF file next year.

On 2016-12-13 at 10:25 PM, JPN366 said:

This needs to be submitted to the LEGO ideas website.

My experience with LEGO Ideas isn't that good so far. TLG have also said that they will not accept LEGO Ideas that are part of already existing themes. It will be exciting to see what happens if Rey's Speeder gets 10.000 supporters.

Hey! Here is the LXF.

Seems I can't attach file types other than images, so you need to download it from Repubrick:

https://www.repubrick.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=4215

(direct link: http://adf.ly/1hWdnh)

Edit: I guess I must have screwed up somtheing in Dropbox again. Here is a new link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr8g0f7zy8rwuuw/o0ger_Blade_Wing_Starfighter.lxf?dl=0

You need to replace the green headlight bricks with 1x1 technic bricks.

Enjoy!

Edited by o0ger

On 2017-01-05 at 5:07 PM, Renegade Clone said:

As a huge B-Wing fan - as I am sure you already know! - this model is a fantastic interpretation of the Prototype Blade Wing.

Thanks! B-Wing is the coolest ship! :)

On 2017-01-05 at 7:19 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

I'm glad I don't have to vote for the winner, with so many good submissions.

Yeah, the jury will have a hard time.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:08 AM, o0ger said:

Thanks everyone! I will post an LXF file next year.

My experience with LEGO Ideas isn't that good so far. TLG have also said that they will not accept LEGO Ideas that are part of already existing themes. It will be exciting to see what happens if Rey's Speeder gets 10.000 supporters.

Actually, it is never outright stated. It's just that TLG always purposely shuns those sets. 

Like the Jedi Council, along with the exceptional BB-8 (which I honestly think should have won)

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Actually, it is never outright stated. It's just that TLG always purposely shuns those sets. 

Like the Jedi Council, along with the exceptional BB-8 (which I honestly think should have won)

Yeah, And the UCS Sandcrawler... 

On 1/5/2017 at 9:45 AM, o0ger said:

Hey! Here is the LXF.

Seems I can't attach file types other than images, so you need to download it from Repubrick:

https://www.repubrick.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=4215

(direct link: http://adf.ly/1hWdnh)

As you might have noticed this version had a bit more pieces than the contest version. Here is a link for the contest-version as well. If you like to compare or something: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3948340/o0ger_Blade_Wing Starfighter_Contest_Edition.lxf

Enjoy!

Yes! just downloaded both. I'll probably be building this ahead of some of my own MOCs I need to buy parts for. I can't wait.