Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

[O - G10] Skeletons in the Closet

Tags: Civil, Building, Vehicle, Spaceship

[O - E11] Skeletons in the Closet    

CLAPPIE: Sir, the odds of successfully navigating this asteroid field are approximately 2 in 3.

JEB: Never tell me the odds!

CLAPPIE: Updating algorithm... the odds are approximately 2 in 5.

JEB: What did I just sa-

*BAAAANNNNG* *CRAAAASSHHHHH*

JEB: What was that?!

CLAPPIE: It would appear that you did not heed my warnings and we have been struck by one (1) rogue asteroid. Systems critical, operating at 56%. We can't take another hit like that.

JEB: Get us out of the belt.

CLAPPIE: Attempting a GATE jump in this state is likely to rip the ship in two.

JEB: Well... don't do that then. Just get us out of here, I'm flying blind.

CLAPPIE: I am putting you into hypersleep to conserve oxygen and setting an autopilot to the nearest Octan settlement in the adjacent system. Be warned, clinical trials under Dr. Black reported some cases of negat-

JEB: Just put me under.

CLAPPIE: Very well. 3... 2... 1...

An abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Aketi Outpost, AD 3800

GOON: Is he coming?

LEADER: It would be most unwise for him to not show up.

MASKED ASSAILANT: Forgive me master, for I am late. There was an... unexpected development.

LEADER: Is he dead? Is President Business dead?

MASKED ASSAILANT: (flinches as he remembers his lie) Yes, of course. He will not bother us any longer.

LEADER: You have done well, very well indeed. With President Business and Mrs. Long deceased, the Senate will have no choice but to block the Octan-Explorien merger, pending an investigation. 

MASKED  ASSAILANT: Sir... these deaths... surely there could have been another way? Won't we be caught? President Business is a lot higher-profile than some of our previous targ-

LEADER: (flares in anger) Do you dare question me? They have defied our warnings and defied our galaxy and have paid the ultimate price for their transgression, as they should! The Serpent's Head takes no prisoners. We operate when the law will not... and sometimes we just have to give it a little push. We leave no tracks- and besides, the "evidence" has been arranged to point towards the startup MANTIS firm. They already have a nasty reputation- and we're not the only ones who don't want the Octan-Explorien deal to become final.

MASKED ASSAILANT: Of course. Forgive me. By now I should know better than to question.

LEADER: I have raised you from birth to serve the Head and never once have had cause to question your loyalty. Don't break that streak now. Cease to question and your future is bright. Consider yourself forgiven.

MASKED ASSAILANT: Thank you, master. What does the Head command next?

LEADER: For now... we wait. If the merger passes, we may need to create a few vacant seats by next election cycle. We wish for the Andromeda galaxy to remain untainted- never forget that.

MASKED ASSAILANT: Your wish is my command. I must now depart.

LEADER: I concur. Before you go, bow to your father. Bow to the Head. Bow to me... Jebediah.

Extra shots of the ship in spoiler... I forgot to take some of the warehouse. :blush:

Spoiler

unedited31551180556_5fd1929fc9_b.jpg31216398370_f235054657_b.jpg31472609551_e45c36d04c_b.jpg

Comments, criticisms, and speculations on the story are all welcome! :classic: DLL is probably more qualified to handle most questions than I am, as I just stole his ideas and intertwined Jeb's past into it. :laugh:

Edited by mediumsnowman

21 minutes ago, SpacerSteve said:

Oooh mysterious! I like it. A new evil group in andromeda!

Actually, it's an old "evil" group in the Milkyway... a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Great story! However, since our fleet was still on E11 when you posted this I don't think it will count:

3 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Week 72 is over. Welcome in week 73!

Note that week 74 will start on December 19th and end on January 2nd.

Octan's fleet moves from I06 to H09.
Kawashita's fleet moves from E11 to F10.
M.A.N.T.I.S.'s fleet moves from E01 to F02.
First Aliens' fleet moves from G08 to F08.
Second Alien's fleet moves from A04 to C02.
Third Alien's fleet moves from D09 to E10.

52 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Great story! However, since our fleet was still on E11 when you posted this I don't think it will count:

Darn. I knew it was on E11 previously, but thought it moved in time. I'll wait for word from Bob and then change the planet if I have to. :laugh: 

Edited by mediumsnowman

Nice story. I like those ods better then the original even if they are still way higher then in reallity. (but then a planet had just been destroyed so it make sense if asteroids where denser then)

I figured the masked assailant was Jeb (but he changed his hair color).
Now the big question is if he kept questioning his orders and joined Octan out of guilt or if Octan's best (only) special force agent is a sleeper agent for an anti-Andromeda assassination agency :devil:

1 hour ago, EpsilonEta said:

I figured the masked assailant was Jeb (but he changed his hair color).
Now the big question is if he kept questioning his orders and joined Octan out of guilt or if Octan's best (only) special force agent is a sleeper agent for an anti-Andromeda assassination agency :devil:

Nice catch, I was wondering if anybody figured it out. (DLL doesn't count because I told him the big secret almost a year ago. :laugh: This arc is taking way too long to reach closure :blush:)

His hair just appears black in the last one because of the filter I put on the pictures. :laugh: 

Aaaannnnd that's the big question. Wouldn't you like to know? All will be revealed in due time. :wink: 

Since the Kawashita's fleet was on E11 last week, can you please set a different location for this build? (Sorry, this should have been dealt with earlier)

9 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Since the Kawashita's fleet was on E11 last week, can you please set a different location for this build? (Sorry, this should have been dealt with earlier)

Yeah, please move it to G10. I'll edit the title and header to reflect the change. :classic: 

Edited by mediumsnowman