Sign in to follow this  
malmen

An army on the march

I felt bad for my little Imperial Soldiers just lying around in a box, even sharing space with hideous red coats :pir-oh:, so I thought I'd build them a display.
Sadly I was not missing a lot of bricks to build a bigger display as I first had in mind, so I had to scale down and could only fit one third of the soldiers. But hey! It's at least something :pir-blush:

I know the photos are not the best, my skills are below average and I had to use the available lights. I've edited them a bit and it actually looked decent at first, but then Flickr compressed them even harder so it's a bit of graining now.
Oh well, here are some pictures. All kind of feedback is appriciated :pir-classic:

31537326876_58da0f26bc.jpg
An army on the march by malmen, on Flickr

30733856974_5478dc65b1.jpg

31537327076_c43d1eb086.jpg

30733857134_ae96130b93.jpg

14 minutes ago, malmen said:

even sharing space with hideous red coats :pir-oh:

I like your attitude :grin:

I also like your display - the fact that your path isn't completely straight, your massive use of these flower stems - and of course your choice of uniforms.

All in all instant classic feel.

In case you haven't already, you might want to consider checking out the Brethren of the Brick Seas - coincidentally, we do have a blue faction, too :wink:

Oh, and congrats to your first post on EB :classic:

Thank you Kolonialbeamter :pir-sweet:

The path and not having it straight was one of my biggest headaches, I was really short on green plates and wedges, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I sure could have added some gray plates and tiles to make it look more uneven, but there was not that much room left once all the soldiers took place. And I always wanted to build something with a lot of flower stems, I like the look. Took a while to get them there though :pir-sing:

I've seen BoBS before but never really read the whole background and all. But I'll have another look now when I'm slowly getting the inspiration to build back again. And we sure don't want them reds to win :pir-grin:

A fine march it is! I must do something similar as my Bluecoats are getting dusted because, you know...we still haven't started an open war on those pesky little Reds!!! :tongue: