LegoSjaak

Jetfighter Squadron!!

I bumped into two vere nicely priced 31039 Blue Power Jets and as my son already had one, i couldn't resist ordering another two! I bricklinked parts to arm them with stinger missiles and they even got a heavy bomb under their belly! I also bricklinked parts to MOD them into a US Jetfighter Display Team, by changing the color into Dark Blue and Yellow! Hope it will look good! Here some pictures from the current fighters!

31462259471_9de5f9a69b_c.jpg 

31205966090_43c44d1853.jpg  30713900624_39f31eab11.jpg

11 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Now you only need to MOC an airfield, with the whole aircraft support stuff. :laugh:

Naah.... i changed the red colors on the wings into yellow and will attach fishingline on the fuselage in order to fly hang two of them over my Square...so an airfield is not neccesary....I'm now working on the position in the air, so they look fast!  The bomb under the belly looks pretty threatening too!! I'll post some pictures soon!!

On ‎11‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 8:23 PM, redtrooper27 said:

I can't wait to see the in the Blue Angels colors!!! :)

Changed the color, pictures soon!

1 hour ago, carebear said:

Great Work!!!

- they are ready for a fight

Greetings

Yes, they are ready for a fight, but i'm not sure if i should be scared for a handful of 1x1 round bricks, dropped on my head!

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

Naah.... i changed the red colors on the wings into yellow and will attach fishingline on the fuselage in order to fly hang two of them over my Square...so an airfield is not neccesary....I'm now working on the position in the air, so they look fast!  The bomb under the belly looks pretty threatening too!! I'll post some pictures soon!!

Changed the color, pictures soon!

Yes, they are ready for a fight, but i'm not sure if i should be scared for a handful of 1x1 round bricks, dropped on my head!

You are right, but still they are looking ready for serious combat

Do actual jetfighters have those red and green lights on their wings??

I think the Blue Powerjet 31039 is supposed to look like the F-35A...

31600280766_7c6f780594_z.jpg

F35A Lightning II in US colors, flying over my Square!! Armed with 2 Stinger missiles on each wing and a large bomb under the fuselage!

31549180111_24ef35b601.jpg  31518890712_b08b992c45.jpg

31628149776_b431fa4bdd.jpg

11 hours ago, redtrooper27 said:

Very cool! I want to make mine all light bluish gray, but some of the needed parts are not available in the color yet...

LBG would be cool too! I also could not get all the parts i wanted, simply because they are not available, but i think it ended up as a nice jet anyway!!

An original sight for sure. :thumbup:

Though the engines must be really silent. I see none of the square's occupants look upward? :wink:

It must feel great to be able to devote a whole room to such a beautiful display. I'll never be able to do that, not to mention I only own one Modular at the moment.

52 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Though the engines must be really silent. I see none of the square's occupants look upward? :wink:

It must feel great to be able to devote a whole room to such a beautiful display. I'll never be able to do that, not to mention I only own one Modular at the moment.

Thanks for your compliments, GeoBrick! Sadly i do not have a special room for my Lego... the display is on the floor in the attic... and the ceiling is only 1.35 or so high...so i cannot even stand upright there... As a father oft wo boys, and having only three bedrooms, there was only that attic...but iti s okay for me.. i can work and build there and it is cosey when i'm building there together with the boys!

10 hours ago, carebear said:

Hi

Love how they look above your layout

Great Work!!!

Greetings ( Groetjes )

Thank you Carebear, i used fishingline and that worked out pretty well! But one day there might have crashed one of them on the square...

I love your Lego Air Force! Just a few things, Raptors are designed to be seamless to have a lower radar presence so bombs/missiles would never be carried on the outside of the real jets, as all the "goodies" are under panels. Now that I'm off my little soap box, I stuck with the OEM colors on my build, but enjoy the red you went with, I designed my Air Force jet to carry missiles/bombs a little differently. I went with a old school looking bomb just to play off the state of the art design of the F-22. I used 2 basic technic (32556) pins, and mounted them to the wheels. This allows for the bombs to tuck up much tighter to the bottom of the jet for a sleeker look.  Also I did a blacked out Bat-Jet, I'll post it on a MOC thread. 

Lego Air Force

Bombs away

Mounting

Landing gear

47090197642_460c1ae432_b.jpg

40177528403_a67bb70af8_b.jpg

On 12/27/2016 at 1:44 PM, GeoBrick said:

Flying faster than the speed of sound, you wouldn't hear them until they were gone. 

On 2/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, TinCan said:

>Just a few things, Raptors are designed to be seamless to have a lower radar presence so bombs/missiles would never be carried on the outside of the real jets, as all the "goodies" are under panels.

To me the kit looks much more like a F35 with the single rounded exhaust and upper hatches, which do have the option of external weapons.

1 hour ago, Merlict said:

To me the kit looks much more like a F35 with the single rounded exhaust and upper hatches, which do have the option of external weapons.

Note the F-22's vertical tail stabilizers, they do not angle back like the F-35's. The Lego jet's vertical tail stabilizers do not angle back either. That to me is the tell tail it's a F-22 (No pun). Take a peek again at all the jets on the table for a pretty good angle of the rear tail stabilizers. 

F-22-vs-F-35-768x432.jpg

Looks to me like the designer took design cues from both of them. You can't argue it is one or the other but a mix of both so it's whatever you want to call it. F35 has one exhaust nozzle but standard shaped slanted forward tail fin while the F22 has w exhaust nozzles and the symmetrical sloped tail fin. Neither of which are specifically unique to the lego model which uses one thing from each. 

So it is both :) 

15 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Looks to me like the designer took design cues from both of them. You can't argue it is one or the other but a mix of both so it's whatever you want to call it. F35 has one exhaust nozzle but standard shaped slanted forward tail fin while the F22 has w exhaust nozzles and the symmetrical sloped tail fin. Neither of which are specifically unique to the lego model which uses one thing from each. 

So it is both :) 

Deal!