Sariel

1H2017 Technic video reviews by Sariel

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind if in order to keep things simple I will put my reviews in one thread rather than in 10 separate ones. I will edit the first post and add more videos to it as they are released.

Here's the link for the entire playlist, starting with latest reviews: [CLICK]

And the individual videos:

42066 Air Race Jet:

42065 RC Tracked Racer:

42064 Ocean Explorer:

42063 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure:

42062 Container Yard:

42062-B Container Straddle Carrier:

42061 Telehandler:

42060 Roadwork Crew:

42059 Stunt Truck:

42058 Stunt Bike:

42058/42059 Power Racer:

42057 Ultralight Helicopter:

Edited by Sariel

Nice review, good idea to put them in the same topic, that way is easier to find all the reviews; i am happy with the new parts, looks like a descent addition for such small models and they may be very useful, this telehandler looks very cool, the 4 wheel steering is very nice so as the other functions like the boom extension, i am very happy with this model, hope to see more reviews soon.

Very nice telehandler review. It looks like a nice set. I was not planning on any of the 1st half sets, but this one may come home with me. I'll wait and see for the others.  Thanks for a very thorough review (too bad it's not a hamster friendly vehicle).

Looking forward to the other reviews.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

THERE WAS NO HAMSTER! THIS IS NOT ONE OF SARIEL'S  REVIEWS! :wink::laugh: I will get this set, probably twice, lots of parts I would like to have in it. Thanks for the review, looking forward to the rest.

Very thorough review, despite such a small kit! I think you may have forgotten about the 8295 telehandler.

There have actually been 3 telehandlers before: 8283, 8045, and 8295.  But you picked the one that looks most like the new one and is therefore best for comparison, although the picture in your video is actually the B-model.

I like the use of the Arocs extension parts here.  It is good that we can get them in a much cheaper set.

Nice review as always. It is a good set for younger builders, indeed 8283 is better looking. This set would be useful for some part collecting.

I like this set, functionally it looks good, image wise, I think I prefer the previous version, but for the right price point, maybe a 3rd off on amazon next May/June this is an ok parts pack as well.  I'll definately pick up a few for the wheels, and the telescopic boom part.  It is about time we saw this part in another couple of colours other than red.  

Thanks for the great review Sariel

I really like this set. That steering solution is pretty cool. The bucket tilt does look like it could use a knob, I'd struggle with that as well. I am pleasantly surprised this set is advertised as a 20 euro set. (nvm the set is advertised as 30 euro's, price as per the norm) That's quite alot of good parts in a cheap package (and I am not even looking at discounts on that price for that).

Also, is it just me or is the 40 year brick slightly off white? It doesn't look as white as the stickers besides it, but maybe it's just my eyes.

Edited by Appie
price in video seems wrong (based on prices that were up on Lego sites until they were pulled off the sites)

1 hour ago, Appie said:

Sorry, do you happen to have these prices somewhere? And I can confirm that the anniversary bricks is white.

Edited by Sariel

I think you need to mention it a few more times to be a true hipster. Look, no offence, but I'm getting tired of hearing this with every 360 video I make. Some people love 360 videos, some people hate them. But you know what's cool? You don't have to watch them! And there will be, as usual, a regular speed build in the full review. So you're actually complaining about having a choice here.

Edited by Sariel

Ok, must be my eyes then for the brick :laugh:

As for the prices, they were listed on the Lego webshop for a while with a release of "20 december", they were taken down though last week, but the prices they had can still be found through sites like https://www.brickwatch.net/nl-NL/set/42061/Telehandler.html, which lists the german, dutch and brittish prices for the Lego stores when they were up (need to click "niet leverbaar"/no longer avaible tab to see them). Perhaps these prices are wrong, I don't know until they are back on the official Lego store.

Edited by Appie
can't make url links apprently

@Sariel

I just have seen your video on 42061

and you compares it to 8283, and finds that 8283 is better.

I own the 8283, and I find it full of problems:

- steering on 2 wheels instead of 4 for 42061

- ridiculous extension of the arm

- lifting the arm which is difficult

Am I the only one who thinks that?

:wink:

3 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

42062 speed build, honestly....not a fan of the 360 degree thing, its weird...you cant see the build properly....also, did i mention its really weird?

Video link

I think this is one of the cooler vids, I've seen. I never knew that this could be done on Youtube.

Edited by Milan
Video converted to link.

1 minute ago, Meatman said:

I think this is one of the cooler vids, I've seen. I never knew that this could be done on Youtube.

It only gets cooler if you're watching it on a VR headset.

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

I agree, very cool! But you have to watch tablet position or the video moves... Very cool!

BTW: @sariel... What kind of camera rig do you use to video this?

Andy D

5 hours ago, Meatman said:

I'll echo this. I just showed it to my kids and it blew them away. Now I need a VR headset... 

Yes! I kept refreshing this page since Sariel surfaced today and finally got an update! I'm really looking forward to 42062 since it has lots of pieces in "new" color (not count the expensive 42056). 

Thank you Sariel for the wonderful reviews!

Edited by falconluan

Thanks. Sorry to keep you waiting but it really takes a whole day to edit and render these in 4K quality.

Just now, Sariel said:

Thanks. Sorry to keep you waiting but it really takes a whole day to edit and render these in 4K quality.

Ah, no sorry here and it is well worth to be wait for. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: