Sariel

1H2017 Technic video reviews by Sariel

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks the bike looks cool. It reminds me of the Tomahawk.

DodgeTomahawk15.jpg

Edited by Lipko

I share your opinion Lipko.

Sariel, Thank You for the high quality reviews in this year too, I really hope, that all the rest sets will land on your table sooner or later. These videos have long-lasting values, and entertainment factor. :thumbup:

Edited by agrof

7 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Now for the remaining 1H sets we have to wait a month or two until they are available in Sariel's country :pir-cry_sad:

And if Sariel would like bother to buy them...:pir-cry_sad:

With a bit of luck I should have them all in January. And both pullback reviews say I will make the combined model.

I just watched 3D video. Bit vertigo inducing but super cool. Keep them coming! I like it. :thumbup: 

It's amazing (and mesmerizing) how it jumps. The last axle gives a noticeable next kick on the ramp.

On 13.12.2016 at 0:01 PM, Sariel said:

and I got quite angry feedback from some people

assuming the feedback came from youtube: How about posting your patreon only here on eurobricks?

I don't know. I've never used Patreon, I would have to get hang of it. However, my impression is that many EB users need money more than I do.

A bit of a tricky one - I assume that you probably get a (paltry) income from youtube for getting so many hits (eurobruck is your advertising) and you get some sets sent to you by TLG which I also assume you get to keep, I also know by the time you've filmed, annotated and edited it each review probable takes the best part of ~6-7 hours - and the YouTube  income and *free* Lego probably does cover your hourly rate or equivalent.

So some people think this blokes getting a free ride, why support him more? (But probably base some purchase decisions on the reviews) and some people think great review now I'll save my money and give that one a miss/rush out and buy it (after checking with the boss of course).

Sure some people have more funds than others (in both camps) but I'm guessing most the people on EB are grown up enough to value you a good review and judge if they think whatever whizzy but of kit (camera I think) you need to make they reviews better is worth a donation or a few Euros and if they don't or can't afford it keep quiet!

I know for one reading your reviews which sets I am now going to get, and your reviews influenced me here - and the fact that (I think) you're going to buy the sets you weren't given so you can complete the reviews kind of proves your not on the out and out take - so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't set up some method of allowing people who want to help enhance you reviews make a contribution as long as you make it clear what it's for - bet it sets, camera, lights etc and let people know when done - maybe say if 50 people give 1 euro each I can buy the jet and review it etc?

ramble over 

The 42062 appears to be the best of the new batch. I just may have to get this one.

Thanks for another very fine review.

Andy D

I really wonder how the 42062-B's container carrier "could have been more rigid", as you post in your review at 9:30 - given the pieces in the set. Do you have ideas about how one would do that?
For the rest - great reviews, thanks for making them :)
I might get a 42062 and a few of those medium-azure trucks :)

I meant "could be" as in "ideally" or "in a perfect world". Not like I have a solution at hand.

On another note, you should expect 42065 review tomorrow.

On 12/15/2016 at 2:08 PM, tgrbailey said:

Great review as ever

also for a small set I think this is quite cool - I think my little ones will enjoy buzzing this around and like the way you spin the blades etc 

again this is a good set for technic beginners using some good rotation functions

When I first discovered Lego Technic a little over a year ago all of the small sets were fascinating, especially the pull back racers.  Now 25 mostly medium to big sets later I have to watch myself when I instinctively dislike the small sets.  I then recall that my eight year old son loves Lego Technic sets but hates to build them because they take too long.  These are just the kinds of sets that an AFOL can give or build with a child and keep their interest as their attention span and love for Technic (hopefully) grows.

My son prefers Lego character sets (Batman, Star Wars, etc), but when dad gives him free Lego Technic sets he loves playing with them too.  From that perspective, all the sets if found on a cheaper deal will likely become a part of my collection because Lego is one of the things that my son and I bond over.

Edited by GBTechnic
Spelling errors!

8 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Did TLG send you another batch?

:) maybe Sariel build it from his own parts :) would not be difficult to do it having his skills and bricks :) :) 

All it's missing is 2 RC motors, and some simple suspension... I bet with that the model would be even more mental with a robust suspension setup.