Sariel

1H2017 Technic video reviews by Sariel

14 minutes ago, Sariel said:

42062 Container Yard review, also added to the first post:

Very useful review (as usual). This set has a lot more going on than it seems. I like the stacker extension hinge and the container claw. 

I noticed that the video went out of focus a few times, is this just a problem on my end or did the auto focus on your camera pick up something unwanted? 

Ghosts maybe ;) I'm not sure, this was shot with Lumix G7 which is awesome and keeps the image really, really sharp, but the multi-point AF is sometimes slow to follow objects. I generally switch between single and multi-point AF forth and back to get the best result.

As for the crude looking of the truck, I think it will look better if there is a 5L white beam behind the door underside the L beam. Judging from the video, adding them will not affect the steering of the trailer. 

Great reviews as ever :-)

looking at at the pictures I think not, but are the containers compatible/interchangeable with 42052 heavy lift helicopter - would be cool but I guess the scale is not right either!

I really like the 42062. Nice little set with a great price point and parts. I think it is a great way to introduce a child to sets with higher pieces without breaking the bank or adding too much complexity. The review quality was great especially with the 4K

On another note I have been wondering why you decided to switch from giving ratings out of 5 stars to the "who will like the set vs who won't"?. Both are great ways to conclude the video, but for me personally I always got more information out of the stars

7 minutes ago, Rishab N said:

On another note I have been wondering why you decided to switch from giving ratings out of 5 stars to the "who will like the set vs who won't"?. Both are great ways to conclude the video, but for me personally I always got more information out of the stars

I did not. They're both right there if you just watch the video to the end.

1 minute ago, Sariel said:

I did not. They're both right there if you just watch the video to the end.

Ah my bad. Can't believe I missed that:blush: Closed out of the video too early

Great review on the 42062! Now I just need to resist buying everything I see. 

BTW: Did you video the speed build for the 360 at the same time or separately?

I looked at the camera rig (the 360fly 4K) and it is way cool. Like a 360 degree GoPro.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Awsome reviews (as ever), thank you very much that you always put that much work in it.

First I thought, 42061 would be a good set for parts, but after you review I found out, that 42062 would fit much better for me. Twice.

Loving the reviews. Nothing that I'm gonna buy so far, as I like my sets to have display value over play value but I can see how people would be interested in these two. Especially the ultra playable truck+stacker - that seems like an ideal Xmas present and great value for the money.

2 hours ago, Andy D said:

BTW: Did you video the speed build for the 360 at the same time or separately?

It took only a little over 1 hour so I built it in one go.

I don't, that's kind of you but I'm a little afraid to ask for help. You see, I've asked for help buying a 360 camera a few months ago, it was $500, and I got quite angry feedback from some people. Apparently the mere fact that I sometimes get free review sets annoys some people, and when I ask for help they get really pissed.

Love these reviews. Whilst opinions of what the final score of a set should be will always differ the review is detailed enought to make up my own mind. The only problem is that your reviews are good enough to scare Jang Bricks away from doing Technic reviews :laugh:

I get quite angry feedback

Welcome to the internet. Don't let them spoil your fun. 

Edited by allanp

8 minutes ago, allanp said:

The only problem is that your reviews are good enough to scare Jang Bricks away from doing Technic reviews :laugh:

Well, for what it's worth I probably won't be making Star Wars reviews anymore. Can't afford buying SW and Technic sets at the same time.

5 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

So what are the sets that are not present in the batch you got from TLG, asides from 42066

This is what I got:

15403708_10155553099263696_7800150015238

Edited by Sariel

Probably the reach stacker because it's ora... khem, I mean it works so well and the grabber mechanism is so creative ;)

7 hours ago, Sariel said:

Probably the reach stacker because it's ora... khem, I mean it works so well and the grabber mechanism is so creative ;)

i would probably just review the combo model for 42058/59....as no one has done it yet, and a better building experience/larger set.

i think you should do the B model of the reacher stacker.