cehnot

[MOC] The X-Wing Strikes Back

1 hour ago, Jerac said:

Come on, your rendition is different enough that even if you used my core it would still remain completely different. If I wanted it secret I wouldn't release instructions nor would I post it here on the forums ^^

y first x-wing used some ideas from other people, and this new generation uses ideas from the first one. 
With something built so often in the same scale, we're all bound to reuse someone else's ideas. So I say please release your own instructions, paid or not, but do so! 

I admit I have not worked on instructions before. Is thr Studio instructions maker easy to do? I may try them for smaller models like the Tron cycles or whatever to practice. 

Studio is I think the best solution to make instructions now, even though it has its quirks. Most notably, it uses bricklink part library, which means you don't have to worry if parts' IDs match. Performance is an issue in larger models and there are some exciting bugs, but nothing major enough to stop you.
Compared to ldd/mlcad/lpub stack studio is miles easier to use and while you can't do some of the fancy stuff (like custom bendable items, cables etc), everything else is better.