castor-troy

PARIS STEAMPUNK 1889

Damn I wish I could see those mocs in person :) Awesome jobs once again man

Ah yes! To me this really stands out as something different :thumbup:

I've seen all of these on Flickr and I really love the whole thing, every piece. So creative, the attention to detail is fantastic. Each mini-fig has been crafted into interesting characters in their own right, as have the buildings. You guys have demonstrated great building skills on the period architecture while mixing it with a sci-fi greebles.

I also love how you managed to build an 1800's theme without going mad with the steam-punk browns, greys and golds colour scheme that is usually used.

Very impressive!

This is out of this world! Details in buildings and characterization of minifigs are incredible. You and your friend have made a real masterpiece here. It will be a dream to see this live. Can’t wait for the v2

Pour l'avoir vu de près, c'est absolument incroyable... *huh*

On 11/11/2017 at 6:09 AM, vedosololego said:

This is out of this world! Details in buildings and characterization of minifigs are incredible.. It will be a dream to see this live.

I see it live...it's incredible, you're right...

On 05/11/2017 at 6:51 AM, castor-troy said:

for the first time, we succeed to assemble the two parts of Paris Steampunk 1889. it's big but not enough. I had to grow my part.

Tu penseras à un semi-remorque pour y mettre "ta part" ... Je me demande comment vous transportez tout ça... rien qu'à déplacer ma fregate qui fait moins de 1m de long c'est déjà tout une histoire.

1 minute ago, castor-troy said:

I want to build a new area with coal shed and welding workshop. You can see on the right the house of master blacksmiths.

I love how you've incorporated that one 6×8 Nexo Knights arch piece onto the Sand Blue building in the center of the picture. I'm surprised I haven't seen others use that part yet in architectural creations.

And, speaking of arches, those Dark Red arches above the doors of the coal shed look very nice. :classic:

Wow! So happy you still continue the project! What a masterpiece, work of art, chef d’œuvre! I don’t know what to say! Très impressionnant !:wub:

5 hours ago, castor-troy said:

Paris 1889 - (inspired by the Assembly Square 10255)

Incredible! I really dig the Earth Blue/Brick Yellow building seen on the left, and I'm rather impressed at how those tan Jack Stone/4 Juniors columns work for architectural detailing on it too! I've got a bunch of those that I had no usage for, until now that is. :thumbup: :sweet:

All of your work is just incredible. Please keep on with these beautiful creations!

Would love to see all those buildings in one place and marvel at all the details.

This is so cool! 

I'm getting Art Nouveau themes from some of the buildings, especially on the first post! 

Edited by Forresto

I finished my part and it is not even half of this diorama realized with Domino39.

There are not 500 figures but if you want to see Paris in full it will be April 20, 2019 in Cysoing (near Lille) and June 30, 2019 in Colmar. Complete town is about 3 meters x 6 meters 

47557670201_b5578edc77.jpg

Paris 1889 by Castor Troy, sur Flickr