Sign in to follow this  
HoMa

7777 memories

31356300792_3578733b5c_c.jpg

While scanning my 7777 I had the idea to write down some memories about my LEGO train childhood related to this fantastic ideas book.

Huw from brickset not only was happy to offer the scans in his document library but also published my #ThrowbackThursday article about LEGO ideas book 7777 some hours ago. Feel free to jump over to brickset.com and read through the article.

If you like, leave your own childhood train related memories here as a comment. And maybe some of you can confirm the original price of 7777 in your country (if it was ever available).

Best regards,
Holger

Hey Holger, great article.

I bought it in Holland (october 1981) for 8,90 gulden because it was not available in Belgium.

Oh, that does bring back memories.

My favourite part was the huge layout with the yellow bridge in the centre of the book. Although I could never achive something remotely close to that back then I never stopped dreaming. I think this is the best LEGO idea book ever.

I got mine for fl 8,25 (in gulden, so that would be €3,74)

Thanks for sharing. I don't know if the book was available in Canada.  I was in the dark back then.  But I see some GBC module ideas could have came from this book.  :classic: