Henjin_Quilones

[K-TECH] Project Philosopher's Stone

<<TOP SECRET: PROJECT PHILOSOPHER'S STONE>>

30686570103_d247c39424_z.jpg

Deep beneath the surface of Orinshi, Kawashita Group keeps its laboratories always working and turning out new and impressive technologies. In Dr. Dak Ralter's laboratory, his long awaited dream was about to come true. He had summoned his bosses, all higher-up military types, along with Mr. Suzuki, a CEO-type person (in the lab all of those people were the same: CEO, CFO, COO, VP, or whatever), to watch the first trial of his new machine--the first trial, that is, with properly adjusted specs, as he had already failed three hundred twenty-four times before. Dr. Ralter could see the doubt in the eyes of Commander Gorn, Major Karrus, and Admiral Kordo, but he chose not to focus on their negativity. Instead, he instructed his assistants to stand by. 

"Lucas, make sure the aureometer is calibrated to null, and Jeff, be ready to open the primary diffusion channel on my command," he said. 

His assistants obeyed him without a word, the previous three hundred twenty-four trials having accustomed them to the job. It was automatic now, as was the sinking feeling that the three hundred twenty-fifth time would not be the charm. Mr. Suzuki coughed politely as he looked at the screen on the viewing platform. 

31124098090_d9dbc32f63_z.jpg

"Gentlemen, I have asked you to come to witness one of the most glorious moments in the history of mankind," Dr. Ralter began. "Our ancestors, for thousands of years, have been trying to isolate the process by which one element, the coarse, heavy, unimportant lead, can become another, beautiful, refined, and precious gold. I believe that, at long last, we are finally able to say that we have done it. What you are about to witness should stand in the history books alongside the development of the GATE drive. This machine, which I have named the "Philosopher's Stone", after the long-sought alchemical artefact, can undo the atomic structure of one compound and reorganize it into another. The final tweaks have been made, and I have pored over the extensive calculations one final time, and now, Gentlemen, the moment of triumph."

30686568283_aab8844b95_z.jpg

"Open the primary diffusion channel, Jeff."

31457804286_88bd463cda_z.jpg

The initial reactor began to hum and glow redly, causing a great deal of warmth to wash over the observers, but the secondary reactor, with its refinement coils, was glowing with a warm yellow light. After a few moments something began to happen. To the doctor's left, in the collection chamber, gold began to fall from the hose's mouth, gold, precious gold. 

"Eureka!" cried Dr. Ralter.

"Incredible," said Mr. Suzuki, staring lustfully at the gold. 

30654337494_2c1deab416_z.jpg

Dr. Ralter could only smile as more and more gold collected in the chamber. "I've done it," he whispered. 

31457800646_2a6bdf87d2_z.jpg

This build is not to be judged, but was made to acquire Alchemy for Kawashita Group. 

More pics:

Spoiler

31457805846_a8ae3f6f9f_z.jpg

30686562413_159d173ece_z.jpg

31495295655_fcc9c10a62_z.jpg

30686570103_d247c39424_z.jpg

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Wow... that's a great and amazing tech built !

The whole floor is a masterpiece with the pipes inside. (that a very good idea)

Like how you use the gears...

In conclusion : it rocks !!! A very nice TECH built !

Edited by Professor Thaum

Fabulous tech build! I love the angles, the pipes, the door and especially those big coloured technical gears! Beautifully photographed too.

Very nice and a great example of how to splash color. I like the pipes in the floor and the limited use of decorations on the wall that helps break things up without being a distraction from the lab. Really nicely built.

15 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow... that's a great and amazing tech built !

The whole floor is a masterpiece with the pipes inside. (that a very good idea)

Like how you use the gears...

In conclusion : it rocks !!! A very nice TECH built !

Thanks, Prof. I'm glad you like the floor, as that was the most tedious part of the build, since half of it is SNOT and half regular studs-up. It made sense to have the pipes sunken, as then the scientists don't have to keep tripping on them all the time. 

14 hours ago, robuko said:

Fabulous tech build! I love the angles, the pipes, the door and especially those big coloured technical gears! Beautifully photographed too.

Thanks, Robuko! I tried to do what I could for the glory of Kawashita. The gears are from my father's ancient Lego collection, from a set from the mid-1960s that my grandmother had kept in a closet for nearly fifty years, and I was itching for some way to use them in a build. 

1 hour ago, Kodan Black said:

Very nice and a great example of how to splash color. I like the pipes in the floor and the limited use of decorations on the wall that helps break things up without being a distraction from the lab. Really nicely built.

Thanks, Kodan! Glad you like the colors, mostly red and yellow amidst a uniform grey. It was unintentional, but I think it looks good, too. 

The gray really serves you well as it just kind of becomes an invisible palette then the red and yellow drags your eye around the MOC, only bad part for you is that tech builds grants no credits or resources.