Ellisss_2

[UCS] [WIP] [MOC] Venator Class Star Destroyer

That looks really good, I've started a big project but I will be getting the instructions for this from you. Looking at it I'd say I have almost all the grey parts, if not all. I've got around 20kg of grey parts sorted up and am currently stripping my modded UCS Falcon for parts too, so I should be able to build both with minimal extra outlay.

1 hour ago, NorvernRob said:

That looks really good, I've started a big project but I will be getting the instructions for this from you. Looking at it I'd say I have almost all the grey parts, if not all. I've got around 20kg of grey parts sorted up and am currently stripping my modded UCS Falcon for parts too, so I should be able to build both with minimal extra outlay.

Thank you, I'm glad you will be getting the instrucions! You're lucky having all those grey pieces, I'm jealous! 

7 hours ago, Thewolfbuilder said:

WOW a great moc. seeing that your an expert could you take a look at my moc in my topic

I appreciate it that you like my moc, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert! :laugh: Send me a PM with a link to your moc and I'll check it out.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Hello, all!

The final update! The proportions were bugging me, so I have made them more accurate, however, the model is now slightly smaller and narrower but these sacrifices had to be made for scale. The final model at the bottom is compared to the older version at the top! Changes to the engines, side greebling and red stripe have been made, I may create some more renders. Instructions should be made soon! 

Updated Plating

Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_2

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

Looking sweet - can't wait for the instructions - this is so going to be my next big build.

Thanks, if you're wondering about piece count she clocks in at around 2700 pieces and is only missing the bottom hangar bay!

Kind regards, Ellis.

I have Anio's UCS Venator, but it's a bit large and taking up too much room. How many of your 2,700 pieces do you think are in common, ballpark? Can you provide a parts list?

Edited by krysus

1 minute ago, krysus said:

I have Anio's UCS Venator, but it's a bit large and taking up too much room. How many of your 2,700 pieces do you think are in common, ballpark? Can you provide a parts list?

Hello, Krysus and welcome to EB!

I compared the parts list for Anio's Venator and mine on Rebrickable. These are the results: "1712 parts in common (170 unique) that appear in both Ellis' Venator and  Anio's Venator (excluding spare parts)." In other words, you need to purchase 1021 pieces. I hope this helps, if you PM your email, I can send an Excel file with the needed pieces!

Kind regards, Ellis!

Hello, all!

Sorry for taking so long to update the model but I finally have some progress with the help of @thire5! The bottom plating has finally been attached to the main frame, it just needs some altering! I think within a few weeks the instructions should hopefully be completed!

Venator Bottom Plating

Kind regards, Ellis.

Hello, all!

Some more progress on the instructions, they are very nearly finished now and will be releasing soon! 

Venator Instruction Progress

Kind regards, Ellis. 

Edited by Ellisss_2

I know it's a small details, but we are perfectionists, aren't we? So, the red top hangar bay is supposed to split in half, right? Wouldnt it be nice to have the top tiles/plates such as there is a continuous seam in the middle?

Also from some reason I find that second layer 3x3 wedge plate at the very front of the top sides of the hull very (probably my ocd) odd, especially since it is not on the bottom side of the hull. It makes the 'nose' look a bit silly.

Similar stands for the 4x4 wedge plate at the front side of hangar bay cutouts - why? Actually the more I am looking at the picture, the more it seems to me that whole bottom hull plating is somehwhat offset fowards the back, by up to 1 stud? Is that possible or that's just some weird LPub sem-perspective illusion?

I don't know how helpful am I being now since you are about to finish the instructions, but I couldn't help myself observing these things :D

On 15/02/2018 at 10:21 PM, Hold0511 said:

Exciting...looking forward to making this beast.

Thank you, hopefully you’ll be able to soon!

16 hours ago, Iperial_Fleet_Commander said:

How much would it be too bricklink/PAB it?

Hello!

Around $400-$500 when I’ve looked on Bricklink in the past.

9 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

I know it's a small details, but we are perfectionists, aren't we? So, the red top hangar bay is supposed to split in half, right? Wouldnt it be nice to have the top tiles/plates such as there is a continuous seam in the middle?

Also from some reason I find that second layer 3x3 wedge plate at the very front of the top sides of the hull very (probably my ocd) odd, especially since it is not on the bottom side of the hull. It makes the 'nose' look a bit silly.

Similar stands for the 4x4 wedge plate at the front side of hangar bay cutouts - why? Actually the more I am looking at the picture, the more it seems to me that whole bottom hull plating is somehwhat offset fowards the back, by up to 1 stud? Is that possible or that's just some weird LPub sem-perspective illusion?

I don't know how helpful am I being now since you are about to finish the instructions, but I couldn't help myself observing these things :D

Hello, Kris.

At this point I am trying not to make changes to the model but thank you for the help! Yes the plating is offset by one stud at the moment, it is being fixed I would hoped no one would notice! :D

Kind regards, Ellis

6 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

I would hoped no one would notice! :D

How could you think for a second that... :D :D

Good that it's getting fixed! Sorry for undesired flaw exposure :)

22 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

How could you think for a second that... :D :D

Good that it's getting fixed! Sorry for undesired flaw exposure :)

Aha, not a problem!

17 hours ago, Iperial_Fleet_Commander said:

Oh ok, so not building this anytime soon. Looks good though!

Thank you!