Ellisss_2

[UCS] [WIP] [MOC] Venator Class Star Destroyer

7 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Awesome can't wait...

Hello!

I'm glad you like it! Hopefully, the wait shouldn't be much longer now!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Hello!

Here is where Thire5 has designed the instruction manual up to so far, thanks! I am looking forward to putting them to use very soon!

Instruction Update #2

On 13/06/2017 at 4:30 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello!

Here is where Thire5 has designed the instruction manual up to so far, thanks! I am looking forward to putting them to use very soon!

Instruction Update #2

Excellent, this is definitely my next project. The last outing of my Hoth diorama is in two weeks time, then I can get rid of it and make some space! 

3 hours ago, NorvernRob said:

Excellent, this is definitely my next project. The last outing of my Hoth diorama is in two weeks time, then I can get rid of it and make some space! 

Hello, NorvernRob!

I'm glad that you like it and you will be constructing this! Hopefully shouldn't be too long before the final product is ready, I will carry on updating this post.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Hello, all!

I have made progress with my model, I have built the bottom plating but I now need a way to attach it. I will definitely not be using magnets since this Venator is meant to be cost effective; I believe I will be using ball joints.Please recommend any ideas you have!

Venator Bottom Plating Progress

.Kind regards, Ellis.

21 hours ago, NorvernRob said:

There are several posts on Anio's Venator thread where members have posted technics alternatives to the magnet system. 

Thank you, I searched through Anio's thread and stumbled across this which is what I will most likely use for my build.

Hello!

More updates on the instructions, there is just the plating to go now, I have selected some pages for you all to preview!

Instruction Update 2Instruction Update

Did you manage to attach the bottom plating? How long till it will be completed? Really looking forward to see it.

Also i see that the stand is inside the build. Can it be removable at all?

58 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Did you manage to attach the bottom plating? How long till it will be completed? Really looking forward to see it.

Also i see that the stand is inside the build. Can it be removable at all?

Hello, @Mamma Mia Bricks!

I have not managed to attach the bottom plating yet, but I know exactly how to do so when I get my bricks sorted. It shouldn't be too long now, I'm hoping that the instructions will be done without the connections for the bottom plating very soon, but I cannot give an exact date since I am not designing the instructions. The stand will most most likely be removable, but it does add a lot of support, so if you wanted to stand it flat on its belly you would have to place solid bricks in place of the stands.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Finally ordered all the pieces for my Venator, somehow I forgot the pieces for the stand and part of the rear section that I forgot to design. :hmpf_bad: I also have the pieces for the old engines because I didn't want to buy another 200 odd pieces for the newer version. As soon as I build it assuming everything fits together ok, the instructions should be released very soon after. Part count managed to go way over at 2934 pieces which will go up by around 60 pieces once I have finished the rear section. However, I was thinking of building two variants of the model this one and another with fewer details to conserve parts as for example the engines are 200 parts.

Instruction ProgressNearly there!

3,000 parts is more than reasonable for a model this size. If I were you I'd stick with just the one version, the best one. It's not going to be an expensive model to build, relatively speaking. 

1 hour ago, NorvernRob said:

3,000 parts is more than reasonable for a model this size. If I were you I'd stick with just the one version, the best one. It's not going to be an expensive model to build, relatively speaking. 

Ok, thank you I will stick with the current main model, it cost me quite a lot through testing as I am left with around 1000 pieces that are not needed. 

Build update, I will try to do the bottom plating tonight, sorry for taking so long I was away for a week.

Venator Build Progress #2Venator Build Progress #1Venator Build Progress #3Venator Build Progress #4

3 hours ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Looks amazing

Thank you very much, I might rework some areas I don't like!

I envy you for having so many parts to build it. And don't worry about the plating, it looks great in contrast with my cruiser with holes everywhere:sad:

9 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

Looks very nice! Is there some space in the ship that could be made into interior?

Thank you, I believe there could be some room and I may attempt to install an interior underneath the plating!

4 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

I envy you for having so many parts to build it. And don't worry about the plating, it looks great in contrast with my cruiser with holes everywhere:sad:

Aha, I have saved up for the parts for a while. Thanks, I am glad it looks great, I would be interested to see your Venator maybe I could issue some help   to get rid of those holes!

47 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Thank you, I believe there could be some room and I may attempt to install an interior underneath the plating!

Aha, I have saved up for the parts for a while. Thanks, I am glad it looks great, I would be interested to see your Venator maybe I could issue some help   to get rid of those holes!

Well mine is a arquitens cruiser

4 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

Well mine is a arquitens cruiser

I would still be interested to see it and help!

Finally, to an extent, the MOC is finished I just need to order pieces that I used from the other side of the bottom plating to strengthen the other side. The plating looks a bit thick in places as I am missing the pieces needed to hold it up so it sags slightly for the time being. Hopefully, it looks good! I will post a video and more pics once the other pieces arrive and it is complete!

Bottom Plating V1

Thanks for taking a look at my project, Ellis!