Ellisss_2

[UCS] [WIP] [MOC] Venator Class Star Destroyer

I've been following this topic since day 1, and I have to say...it looks amazing...and the fact it's your first moc too amazes me

8 hours ago, jamiejme said:

I've been following this topic since day 1, and I have to say...it looks amazing...and the fact it's your first moc too amazes me

Thank you, I appeciate it very much that you have been following my Venator so closely!

Ellis.

40 minutes ago, psantosg said:

Wow, an incredible version of this ship!!! I want to see photos of real model finished!! Good work!

Thank you, I appreciate the kind comments! The model should be finished in a month or two, but no promises!

Since it's Star Wars Celebration week which has got me very excited for Battlefront 2 and TLJ, I decided to do some 4k renders, again slight changes to the model but nothing too major.

Also, I disassembled the model today so I can hopefully order the pieces for the upper plating, stand, engines and maybe even bricks to experiment with the bottom plating if £200 GBP allows me to. I think the build is definitely going well with only 1997 bricks! Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter too, I've eaten way too much chocolate already! :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for reading, 

Kind regards, Elis.

Edited by Ellisss_2

Hello, all!

Thanks to @thire5 , I have some instructions in development, here is a teaser! I do not have an estimated finish time as the model's bottom plating needs finishing and we are both busy! Also attached is a render of the final model minus the bottom plating

Instructions Tease

UCS Venator Class Star Destroyer 15.5.17

Thanks, Ellis.

9 hours ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

This is truly beautiful.

How many parts it is roughly?

Hello!

Currently the model has 2200 pieces, I hope it will be under 2500 when finished.

Thanks, Ellis!

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Awesome - can't wait to get started on one of these beauties...

Thank you, I'm very glad that you want to construct my model! :laugh: Fingers crossed it will be completed soon!

3 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Thank you, I'm very glad that you want to construct my model! :laugh: Fingers crossed it will be completed soon!

I'll definitely build it too! 

28 minutes ago, NorvernRob said:

I'll definitely build it too! 

Awesome, I'm working as hard as I can to get the model done!

29 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

What's the estimated price for this? And do you plan in creating an interior at all?

Hello!

The I have spent just over £200 on the model apart from the bottom plating and a few other pieces, so I would estimate the price to be just under £300. Sorry, an interior on a model like this is not possible, it is a display model!

Kind regards, Ellis.

14 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Not sure if i missed the post but total length on this Venator.

Hello!

The length is 101 studs/ 32 inches/ 81.3 centimetres. 

• On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Yes, I made this for you: https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/model.page?idModel=9237. Please bear in mind this rough and it will change!

Was wondering if there was any update on the instructions, I checked the parts list you gave me and it would be relatively cheap to build!

On 6/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, Mamma Mia Bricks said:
  • Was wondering if there was any update on the instructions

Agreed! This would be awesome to build!

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Agreed! This would be awesome to build!

Hopefully, there should be some updates on the instructions this weekend I will let you know!