Sign in to follow this  
BR-44-Fan

[MOC]: DB BR 44 (44 276)

Hello at all,

I'm new on Eurobricks. To present myself: My name is Ben and I'm from Bavaria (Germany). I'm 16 years old and my hobbies are -apart from Lego - trains and I play the piano and the organ.

Now I want to show you my steam engine 44 276. The original one is in the DDM Deutsches Dampflok-Museum (German museum of steam trains) in Neuenmarkt-Wirsberg. There I've also taken the pictures, between the big engines and in the 'Kohlenhof', where the steam engines got water, coal and were checked.

I'm sorry, I tried hard to upload pictures here, but after the sixth try I gave up. Actually I made it as it is said. But ... if you follow this link, you can also see the pictures. :wink:

http://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=373263#id373263

I'm looking forward to see your MOCs and to take part in the forum.

Greetings,

Ben

Hi Ben, very nice job. Best way is to upload them to Flickr or so. I regularly visit Bochum Dahlhausen. 

22569-1480964096.jpg

A bit far for me, but I probably need to go to the Munich erea for some project soon so you never know! I also like the Deutsches Technik Museum where they also show the history of trains / tracks / steam engines.

Hi Ben,

that's a great model of an iconic prototype! :wub:
You captured the overall shape very well, but I also like how many details you put into it - e.g. the water hose connected to the tender, the brake gear under the cab, the "Waschluken" (don't know the English term), the clever design of the headlamps, and of course the middle cylinder. Do you have more pictures, perhaps some close-ups? And is your MOC motorized?

Now I'd like to see the oil-burning version, BR 043 - DB's very last steamer... :wink:

Looking forward to more of your MOCs!

Best wishes,
Sven

Edited by Tenderlok

Hi Ben, 

welcome to Eurobricks train forum! Taking pictures of your model in its natural environment is great. Thanks for sharing here. A Flickr account is highly recommended for LEGO fans.

I've been to that museum last year. Gray to see the original engines. Unfortunately most of them were standing in the round house so it was impossible to take nice pictures.

Holger

Hello, 

@ all: Thank you for your comments. :blush:

@JopieK

You're right, Flickr seems to be the best way to show pictures here. In Bochum Dahlhausen I havn't been so far.

@Tenderlok

The details are the most important thing in a MOC, that's why I often want more and more and more. But then there are too much. You have to find the path between both: not too little and not too much. For more photos please look in my profile on 1000steine, until I have Flickr and can show more details here. My MOC isn't motorized, it even can't run ... because the gears are fixed.

A (0)43 would be great, but the next steamers will be a 01.10 and a Prussian T3. :laugh:

@LEGO Train 12 Volts

I also think so, when you hear BR (Baureihe), you immediately think about the german steam engines with the typical colours red for the undercarriage and black for the boiler/ cab.

@HoMa

It's great to have the possibility to take these pictures (to the DDM you drive half an hour from us), so I take this chance. :wink:

I know the problem in the roundhouse ... it's too small and too dark. But the locomotives shouldn't stand outside in the strong upper-franconian weather the whole time as well. ;-) And it's a big thing to remove them from the roundhouse because the turntable is too small for the steam engine AND a shunter engine (e.g. Köf). The tender has to be decoupled from the locomotive. 

Greetings, Ben

Good morning,

@Q3671

Thanks!

@Duq 

Haha, yes, you're right, we already have one. :laugh: :wink:

The first version had flanged wheels on the first and third axle, the others were blind ones. But the tender was too long for the locomotive and the wheels didn't see like all the same (at this time it could run in long curves). So I changed all wheels to this flanged ones. Looks nicer. So it can't run through curves. But the next models should ... :grin:

@Man with a hat

Thank you! 

Greetings, Ben