kjm161

Winter Village: Train Station

Every rail line needs a train station and this one lets passengers from Eastern Ontario, where my Winter Village is located, travel to the North Pole to visit Santa’s Workshop. There are a few old Canadian Pacific and Grand Trunk Railway Stations in Ontario that have a large round architectural element to them and this was the inspiration for my MOC.  A cast iron wood stove warms the inside of the train station that is decorated for Christmas. I have included some photos of my Winter Steam Engine train as well. Hope you enjoy and have a very Happy Holiday Season!

31283512884_d7db04ab9a_b.jpgimage by Karen Metz, on Flickr

31616586921_4d795de8e7_b.jpgimage by Karen Metz, on Flickr

image b

y Kareimage by

30881549894_6fe90b3680_b.jpg2 by Karen Metz, on FlickrKaren Metz, on Flickrn Metz, on Flickr

image by Karen Metz, on Flickr

30893725893_f5c0e8206f_b.jpgimage by Karen Metz, on Flickr

There is no indoor plumbing so an outhouse was required.

30611790703_6b135825ff_c.jpgWinter Village Outhouse by Karen Metz, on Flickr

The Train

Winter Village Train Station by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Winter Steam Engine Train by Karen Metz, on Flickr

In keeping with the rules of the contest I have deleted 3 of the photos that were originally posted. If you want to view more photos of this MOC you can follow the links to my flickr page. Thanks.

Edited by kjm161

I like it a lot - those fence pieces from Elves?  I don't recall seeing them before.  The interior details are great - even in the outhouse.

BTW, the train looks pretty damn cool, too.  While I think the Emerald Night might be the most beautiful set TLG has ever released, the Constitution is my favorite, and I love what you've done with it.

Very cozy!  Good use of the roof piece on the outhouse.  Is the toilet seat heated?  :-)

19 hours ago, JopieK said:

Nice addition to you train Karen! I like the outhouse too.

9 hours ago, Xon67 said:

Very cozy!  Good use of the roof piece on the outhouse.  Is the toilet seat heated?  :-)

Thanks for the nice comments. Unfortunately, the seat isn't heated but at least it is wood rather than porcelain, which would be a tad chillier ;)

19 hours ago, fred67 said:

I like it a lot - those fence pieces from Elves?  I don't recall seeing them before.  The interior details are great - even in the outhouse.

BTW, the train looks pretty damn cool, too.  While I think the Emerald Night might be the most beautiful set TLG has ever released, the Constitution is my favorite, and I love what you've done with it.

The fence pieces were actually from the Fantastic Beasts Dimensions pack, which has 8 in gold. Their design was originally in Elves I think. I agree, the Emerald Night is beautiful, but too expensive to get now and I got back into Lego too late to purchase one retail. Even brinklinking the parts is prohibitive.  The Constitution is a fantastic little train, more in line with the old steam trains that were used on the CP and Grand Trunk lines and is still affordable. It is one of my favourite trains too. Thanks!

Are you from Ontario?   Good job with the exterior scene and filling the interior.  I can't tell if anything is stuck on the brown toilet seat before use. :laugh:

6 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Are you from Ontario?   Good job with the exterior scene and filling the interior.  I can't tell if anything is stuck on the brown toilet seat before use. :laugh:

I am from Ontario, how did you guess :) Nothing stuck that I know of. 

This will be allowed in the contest. :thumbup: Very nice work.

I like the roof of Hagrid's Hut on the train station, but it is such an iconic piece that I thought I would try an alternate roof. I found an octagonal roof a real challenge with the slanted pieces I own and would like to see which roof people prefer. Below are images of the train station with the two styles of roofs. Comments really appreciated. Thanks

I have gone with the new roof and have edited the picture of the old roof out. You can still see it on my Flickr page if interested.

Edited by kjm161

On 12/15/2016 at 2:17 PM, Kodan Black said:

I really like the new brick built version! Looks way better and more creative! :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad you like the brick built version. It was hard to make it not look too busy.

On 12/15/2016 at 3:10 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a beautiful design! :wub:

Lovely train station! :wub:

Thanks for the nice comments. 

Edited by kjm161

I agree with Kodan Black, the brick built version looks better. IMO the proportions are better in your second version. First roof is too high compared to the building.

amazing work! :thumbup:

On 12/20/2016 at 4:07 AM, carebear said:

Love this!!!

- Love Love the Outhouse!!!

Great Work!!!

Greetings

Thanks, I love your Friends Winter house as well!

On 12/20/2016 at 7:11 AM, Zork said:

I agree with Kodan Black, the brick built version looks better. IMO the proportions are better in your second version. First roof is too high compared to the building.

amazing work! :thumbup:

You are right the first was definitely too tall, it belongs with Hagrid's Hut and makes everything else look like that. Glad you like the new roof and thanks for your helpful comments.