paul_delahaye

Lego 4002016 - Limited Edition Employee Gift

On 05/12/2016 at 11:36 AM, JopieK said:

You can say that again travy ;) interesting to see they skipped the "Gray era".

First and only set that has the 50254 wheels in red according to bricklink!

I thought the exact same.  I've seen the models built on FB and after first going nuts with envy I'm actually under-whelmed.

With regards to the Grey-era.  They effectively picked one mid-decade train to represent each decade.  Roughly 1966, 1976, 1987 . . . 

Etc.  It stinks, but that they skipped the grey era 4.5/12V trains, but the monorail also cannot be forgotten.

Speaking of which I've seen a huge spike in monorail prices on Ebay.

Just got one on eBay from a US based seller for $300 (included $28 in US Priority Mail shipping costs). Have not opened it, yet.

On 15. 12. 2016 at 9:39 PM, Rockmaninoff said:

Hi Dario, thanks for posting the pictures. I'm attempting to put together just the part inventory in LDD so that I can potentially look at piecing together the set either from pictures or if instructions are ever released.

Can you clarify on some of the things I'm looking for? The reflection on the parts list make the count hard to tell ...

There is scan of inventory from instruction book:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72Xq-VOIQTTNmd0YzdnMmNVYkU

I'll try to scan whole instructions during holidays.

2 hours ago, Dario said:

There is scan of inventory from instruction book:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72Xq-VOIQTTNmd0YzdnMmNVYkU

I'll try to scan whole instructions during holidays.

Thank you, I have corrected my errors and the parts list is complete. If you scan the instructions I'll re-create the set in LDD so that we can all build it ourselves :)

Whats to say the person that had three units in a shipping box wasn't selling his friends sets for them too?

Not sure im a massive fan of this set though.. it looks nice but I could never pay the asking price for it.

I bought this set off Ebay also.  It was hard to pull the trigger on it but it came down to the fact there may be a few pieces that are very hard to find, like the original stickers.   So, I bought it.   I would like to try and replicate it first before breaking the seal.   It may just be my love for LEGO (and especially the train sets) but I think this may be one of those sets that really increase in value.  Not that I could ever sell it but still, it may just sit in the box for years.  

On 5 January 2017 at 8:21 AM, placidsheep said:

Whats to say the person that had three units in a shipping box wasn't selling his friends sets for them too?

That's what I thought at first, but then I noticed all 3 sets were inside an original Lego shipping carton, which was a perfect fit to hold 3 sets, so that made no sense, as they would not have the shipping carton, unless they had obtained all 3 sets at the same time.  Maybe a manager who did not issue them to his employees?

11 hours ago, BrickOCD said:

I bought this set off Ebay also.  It was hard to pull the trigger on it but it came down to the fact there may be a few pieces that are very hard to find, like the original stickers.   So, I bought it.   I would like to try and replicate it first before breaking the seal.   It may just be my love for LEGO (and especially the train sets) but I think this may be one of those sets that really increase in value.  Not that I could ever sell it but still, it may just sit in the box for years.  

My thoughts exactly. But, my 5 yr old has been eyeing it, and other unopened boxes, since I got it. Need to hide them better.

4 hours ago, Bernie56 said:

My thoughts exactly. But, my 5 yr old has been eyeing it, and other unopened boxes, since I got it. Need to hide them better.

Are you planning to try and replicate it also?  The only real problem I can see is the emerald green pieces but I haven't realy looked into the whole set up yet.  

On 12/5/2016 at 2:21 PM, paul_delahaye said:

A large number of these have appeared this week on ebay (99% surfacing from Hungary) and all priced around the £250 mark, and it's no co-incidence that there is a factory in hungary so many employee's will have sets which they may have chosen to sell.  I suspect this has annoyed Lego that so many of their employees are profiteering from what was a Christmas gift.  

For fans, this does provide a route to market for those willing to part with serious money for a 1000 piece set, but the discussion point is it morally right to sell these sets?

One ebay seller appears to have a box containing 3 of these sets.  Again, you start wondering, even if Lego did give 1 set to each employee, how would the person on ebay, have 3 sets, neatly packed in an outer Lego shipping carton?  It makes you wonder if they are aquiring these in other ways.

I'd like to add only one point of view to this. In Hungary (where I came from) avarage salaries in industrial jobs like working for TLC are around £350-500 a month. For a worker who is _not_ interested in collecting LEGO sets it is a better to sell and use the money he/she got for the set to pay bills (especially heating in a winter like this). Other thing I'm afraid that the prices you found on ebay are not set by those workers, but by those people, who buy these sets from the workers, often for ridiculously low prices.

On 1/14/2017 at 4:22 PM, BrickOCD said:

Are you planning to try and replicate it also?  The only real problem I can see is the emerald green pieces but I haven't realy looked into the whole set up yet.  

I think, I'll try. I am learning to pick up pieces here and there for other projects.

On 1/19/2017 at 11:21 AM, Bernie56 said:

I think, I'll try. I am learning to pick up pieces here and there for other projects.

Just got mine delivered today.   After looking through the BrickLink inventory list, it looks like these engines can all be duplicated fairly easily.  Maybe not with the exact color pieces but can't find that out until LEGO opens up B&P again in Feb.   

All I have to do now is NOT open it.  

The box is bigger than I expected.  

On 1/21/2017 at 2:30 PM, BrickOCD said:

All I have to do now is NOT open it.    

And that's a bigger challenge than some of the larger LEGO set build effort.

18 hours ago, Bernie56 said:

And that's a bigger challenge than some of the larger LEGO set build effort.

You are so right.  I know it's only been a day and a half but, this is going to be like self imposed torture.   Let me know if you ever give in to the dark side and open yours.  I'll do the same.  

6 hours ago, BrickOCD said:

You are so right.  I know it's only been a day and a half but, this is going to be like self imposed torture.   Let me know if you ever give in to the dark side and open yours.  I'll do the same.  

I usually try not to make public my succumbing to temptations, but this time I will make an exception :laugh:

On 1/24/2017 at 10:28 AM, Bernie56 said:

I usually try not to make public my succumbing to temptations, but this time I will make an exception :laugh:

Your secret can stay safe.  I bought another one and WILL be opening it lol.   Should be here next week.  

Did you see that on Ebay someone in China was selling this set (8 of them) for less than $30?   I almost bought one but decided - No.  (First time seller, China, no feedback score).   It will be interesting to see if these sets were legit.

9 hours ago, 112123 said:

No any special and retired parts, I choose to give up

Don't blame you.  Maybe Lego will put this set out (or something similar) for everyone.  And hopefully cheaper than what I'm paying.  

1 hour ago, BrickOCD said:

Your secret can stay safe.  I bought another one and WILL be opening it lol.   Should be here next week.  

2nd one? :sweet: Now, you got me down with envy :wink:

20 hours ago, Bernie56 said:

2nd one? :sweet: Now, you got me down with envy :wink:

Don't be too envious. I may not get to open this one either.  My spouse is a little upset about the whole LEGO compulsion.   Haha - Two sets might have been a bit much.

Anyway, I hope this isn't off topic but I'm going to finally crack the seal and build the Emerald Night and a friend gave me his old LEGO diesel freight train (7720) set too.  Then there's an old Hogwarts Express that needs to be built.  Once those are done, all the train sets are going to look great running around tracks with these mini-trains as a back drop.  I wish I had all the sets that are in the 4002016 gift set.  That would be so sweet!  Maybe someday... 

On 1/27/2017 at 6:31 AM, BrickOCD said:

a friend gave me his old LEGO diesel freight train (7720) set too.  

Now, that's a real friend. That set lists for close to $300 on ebay. My wife has conniptions over my LEGO compulsion, especially when they get delivered at home. I get the "not again" look when I get home. 

On 1/28/2017 at 10:03 AM, Bernie56 said:

Now, that's a real friend. That set lists for close to $300 on ebay. My wife has conniptions over my LEGO compulsion, especially when they get delivered at home. I get the "not again" look when I get home. 

Yeah, that friend is awesome!!!  Another friend hooked me up with a Death Star 10143 that was like 95% complete for Christmas.  I just spent the entire morning shopping on B&P for the Death Star pieces and looking for what's needed to replicate the exclusive mini train sets (4002016), 

i decided to buy the DS pieces and go ahead and just tear into one of the boxes for the 4002016.   It's cheaper and less chance of a divorce.  

1 hour ago, BrickOCD said:

Yeah, that friend is awesome!!!  Another friend hooked me up with a Death Star 10143 that was like 95% complete for Christmas.  I just spent the entire morning shopping on B&P for the Death Star pieces and looking for what's needed to replicate the exclusive mini train sets (4002016), 

i decided to buy the DS pieces and go ahead and just tear into one of the boxes for the 4002016.   It's cheaper and less chance of a divorce.  

Would you provide us the scans from the instruction. That would be so awesome!