At the most northern point of Windfall Island stands a small fort...

31303098651_d50523e887_c.jpgSaber_Fort_1

One of the first constructions at the Eye of the Bay. Windfall is now able to accommodate troops.

30597848564_8c22bf4bb7_c.jpgSaber_Fort_5

31273215122_0446bccdb7_c.jpgSaber_Fort_3

31417729635_abdc1e429b_c.jpgSaber_Fort_2

This is only a temporary construction though. I intend to completely revise the northern cliff of the Island (I want it to be a cliff, not the low plateau that it is now).

Edited by Sebeus I
added tags

Ooh, I really like this fort! It combines a classic Pirates feel with some more historical architecture. I especially like the roof to the tower. And while i understand redoing the island so you have cliffs instead of low plateau, the effect you have now is quite good. All-in-all an excellent MOC with an old-timey feel! :thumbup:

I really like it as well. So clean and 'classic' looking, yet still realistic and with some great detail. I'm also loving the light yellow - a colour I didn't even know existed before I saw this! Looking forward to seeing more as you continue to develop this.

Amazing. I always love it when people manage to use the classical Lego bricks (yellow, red, white, black, blue) to build fantastic structures - exactly what you did. Just super nice.

Really nice, Sebeus, great use of that dullish yellow, and the architectural details are excellent as well! :thumbup:  Great job, looking forward to your work on this island! :pir-wink:

Sabre Island (6265) was my first pirate set I owned, and this MOC put me in a nostalgic mood.  Very nice build.

A nice clean little fort, cleverly reversing the classic yellow/white colour scheme. I like how it has that little courtyard in front of the tower, a bit like a medieval castle.

Thank you for the nice feedback.

3 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine creation - is it really "light yellow"?  If so, how did you manage to get to many bricks in that colour?

Yep, I used pretty much all of it on this fort. I got them as a present when I attended LegoWorld two years ago.

I only have 1x4 and 1x2 bricks, 1x1 plates, 1x4,1x6,1x8 arch bricks and 4 castle wall panels so the possibilities are limited but it turned out fine.

I can't do any bigger fort in that color unfortunately. I may keep the fort for somewhere else.

PS: I used them earlier for the Oleon Introduction tread:

innerfort_1.jpg

Edited by Sebeus I

Good work. Looks really good with light yellow.  Goes well with the blue and white uniforms too.  :pir-classic:

Very interesting MOC indeed. I recall that set from my youth. Good thinking. I've also been tinkering with classic sets reimagined into something bigger/better. Although I was choosing a different classic pirates set, this is a good choice as well.

I do believe bricklink calls the part "Bright Light Yellow", while LEGO themselves call it "Cool Yellow". It is an interesting color for sure. I have been trying to accumulate enough for a modular building I have in mind. I am surprised at how many people didn't realize this color existed, but I guess if you don't frequent too many Friends sets, then it might be easy to miss. (or if you are a nerd like me and frequent bricklink color charts)

Keep up the good work.

Simple, yet effective! This gives me fond memories of my old Lego Pirates sets. I really like the amount of detail put into it as well.