31392430435_eddd8a011d_c.jpg

Cooke has finally arrived in Quinnsville, and after apologizing for his extensive delay, he is now discussing the state of the settlement in particular, and Cocovia in general with the mayor. As might have been guessed, Smaugton was not happy with such shabby treatment, but assurances that the delay was due to official duties soon turned Smaugton back to his old cheery self.
Cooke is somewhat concerned with the morals of Quinnsville, seeing the number of bars, pubs, and houses of pleasure, and the very public display of various vices, but Sir Smaugton is assuring him that everything is under control.
They are touring the settlement, and has currently reached the outskirts, where a baker has set up a considerable house and bakery just by the palisade surrounding the settlement.

30571086034_181db40601_c.jpg

"Sir Smaugton, I very much respect what you have achieved here, and I mean no disrespect but... I am certain I saw a courtesan conducting... business just around the corner." Cooke exclaimed. "Could not such... services be offered more discreetly?"

Laughing merrily, Smaugton replied: "My dear Governor Cooke, I assure you everything here is perfectly under control. We have to let the populace have their entertainment. Otherwise, life in the colonies can grow insufferably dull!"

"I suppose so...." Eyeing Smaugton for a moment, Cooke sighed before continuing. "Might I ask you to inform me of the defences of the settlement? Fortifications, troops, militia, gunboats, the sorts."

"Of course. As you have undoubtedly noticed, just behind you, we have the city wall, or palisade. As to troops available, there is...." Smaugton explained, going over the defences of Quinnsville.

30571085184_e756f447e0_c.jpg

Finally got Cooke to Quinnsville as promised a looong time ago. Being commander for all forces on Cocovia, it was about time.

It will be licensed as a medium artisan. C&C welcome.

Edited by Bregir

Nicely done. The palisade is nicely done, and its curve and the tree stumps just outside the wall are great details. The bakery is nice as well, with some good colors and nice use of round parts to add some details, but it doesn't seem to be very colonial. Perhaps having the chimney on the exterior of the building or adding a sign over the street would help.

What animals are exiting the gates? It looks like a sheep and possibly a goat, but I can't exactly tell. I would love to see a better picture of them if you have one.

Hopefully the dear captain can get this town's, or at least his troops', morals back in order.:pir-classic:

Great to see Cooke finally made it! I hope Sir Thomas isn't too hard on him!

Nice little building. The sand green looks really good with the light bley.

Nice scene! Having a bakery, market and courtesans in the same place shows the variety of Queensville for sure!

Love the little birds on the palissade

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:08 AM, Captain Genaro said:

Nicely done. The palisade is nicely done, and its curve and the tree stumps just outside the wall are great details. The bakery is nice as well, with some good colors and nice use of round parts to add some details, but it doesn't seem to be very colonial. Perhaps having the chimney on the exterior of the building or adding a sign over the street would help.

Thank you captain. I should like you explain what you mean about it not being very colonial?

Truth be told, the chimney was added as a last minute addition as I figured it was to be a bakery... :pir-tongue: A truly integrated one would certainly be better choice, but would require much more planning from the on-set! :pir-grin: A sign would probably have been a good idea, though... :pir-wink:

What animals are exiting the gates? It looks like a sheep and possibly a goat, but I can't exactly tell. I would love to see a better picture of them if you have one.

Well, they are meant to be sheep, and are from an old Avalonian build. I am also pretty sure I have stolen them from someone else, but can't remember who.

20720060469_370b79c254_z.jpg

Hopefully the dear captain can get this town's, or at least his troops', morals back in order.:pir-classic:

I am not quite sure Cooke and Smaugton can ever agree on the right order of morals - I suppose Cooke will just have to trust Smaugton! :pir-wink:

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:43 AM, Ayrlego said:

Great to see Cooke finally made it! I hope Sir Thomas isn't too hard on him!

Nice little building. The sand green looks really good with the light bley.

Well, the first glance Smaugton sent him wasn't very friendly, but I hope they can get along in the future! :pir-blush:

Sand green and light bley is one of my favourite combinations.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Puvel said:

Nice scene! Having a bakery, market and courtesans in the same place shows the variety of Queensville for sure!

Love the little birds on the palisade

Action (of all sorts) all around. Smaugton keeps a lively settlement! :pir_tong2:

And thanks - I think the birds are from creator sets, or at least closely inspired by them.