JimBee

Grogmas Gifts 2016

heroica-grogmas3.jpg

'Twas the night before Grogmas, when all through the Hall
Not a creature was stirring, not even a sleeping Skrall...

Until of course celebrations were to be had! The veterans gathered in Scheherezade's Saloon to join active heroes for a feast and drink celebrating the Orcish holiday.

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg
"A good occasion to celebrate, too! For one group of heroes has slain the mighty Baba."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"Even I could not have foreseen their victory."

heroicanpc-falconer.jpg
"We mustn't forget all our problems quite yet. There is still a city divided and many problems around it."

ava-lego-copperfox.jpg
"Oh don't be such a spoilsport. It's a time for mirth and good drink, we ought to cherish the moment while we can."

heroicanpc-asa.jpg
"The Falconer is right, and something will need to be done soon. But now is not the time to discuss it."

heroicanpc-kukulkan.jpg
"Not when we're celebrating my ancestor, Grog the Red. So shut up and drink! And there are gifts to be had!"

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg
"Of course. Heroes, it is that time of year again. Get gifting!"

~*RULES OF THE EVENT*~

~ All players can suggest gifts to give to their fellow player's characters. The gifts can be pre-existing items (like consumables or equipment), or something made up. Please think what would be fitting for the player character in question.

~ You can suggest gifts for multiple characters, but only one gift per player character. You naturally cannot suggest gifts for yourself, nor use this topic to ask others for something.

~ The best and the most fitting gifts will be selected by the Game Councillors so that everyone who got suggestions will get one gift.

~ You have up until the 17th of December to send your suggestions. The chosen gifts will be revealed during the Christmas Grogmas holidays.

Cedric walks back into the hall. He wasn't ready to keep on questing, but he wanted to give and receive grogmas gifts.

~Cedric's Grogmas Gifts~

To Matthias, a Festive Gnomish Tophat (1/3 Chance to grant *Encouraged* at the beginning of each battle, headwear) because his     old one simply didn't cut it.

To Throlar, a Green Cloak of Invisibility (Wearer is untargetable for the first round of combat and immune to free hits forever, bodywear) So he can get a shield that can block.

To Darksten, a Feathered Hat (see quest 148) because he looks like someone who could pull it off.

To Atramor, a Rogue's Coin (Each round, a coin is flipped. Heads, the wearer is lucky, tails, the wearer deals Jinxed. Suitable for Rogue Thieves only, accessory.) because his face looks familiar.

To Blizzard, a Yeti Fur Coat, because he seems underdressed compared to the other yetis.

To Arthur, a Phoenix Essence, in case that health core he bought from me wouldn't cut it.

Blizzard seems amazed at this. A holiday about giving and getting while drunk? Amazing! He started jotting stuff down on a piece of paper which crudely made out to be:

Gifts for blizzard's friends:

Torald: Icy club (WP: 10, Ice elemental, has a 1/3 chance to deal slowed and a 1/6 chance of dealing fragile, club.)

Avalanche: The Nutcracker (WP: 25, has a 1/12 chance to instantly kill the target, club/hammer)

Karie: Headphones (The minstrel's song's effects are doubled to themselves, headwear.)

Blizzard jumped excitingly as he realized his friends might get his items.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timothy walked into the hall. It had been too long. He knew he was no longer welcome here, but he had to be here. He didn't know why, but the holidays drew him back, if just momentarily. He quickly dropped off two things.

To Ezeran: Symbiote Songsheet (Allows the user to sing battle songs that they have in their inventory. Suitable to Ezeran only, accessory.)

To Petaldan: Stuffed Minotaur (This stuffed Minotaur is blessed by Centaurus himself, and gives the wearer the permanent blessed effect. Accessory.)

Timothy left the hall, all the while humming the strange song he had heard in the alchemy set.

Edited by Rider Raider

I got all this stuff, I need to get rid. And I am giving it you guys, it is not like I "found" it or it is "cursed" or even me practicing my "forgery skills". 

Adaok-Ko Obbex (Goliath) - Here  is a Gold Bar. {It is not like it is radio active.} 

Annienal Anavir (Kintobor) - You seems to be quiet, this should make everyone else quiet too. Etherial Garnet 

Arthur Ziegfeld (Flipz) - Aaammm take this Long Pointy Stick (WP:10 ; wood: unable to remove emerald; Halberd/Lance/Spear) 

Blizzard (Rider Raider) - You look like you can use "tools" so here. Emerald Shard Tool (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; Axe/Hammer)

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher) - You confuse me. So, take this and confuse everyone else. Leaf Blade (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; 1in 6 chance to confuse the enemy; dagger)

Boris Bruhavlv (WaterBrick Down) - Didn't you like to count? So, I found this for you. {What is next a vampire that like chocolate.} The Math Genie (Once per quest user can summon a Genie to attack. Power is based on total level of party, i.e. add up the levels) 

Cedric (wiz) - You are a solder, right? Wooden-Sword (WP:10;  wood: unable to remove emerald; Longsword/Greatsword) 

Ellaria Arbour (Sandy) - I don't know, take this. Etherial Emerald 

Ezeran Yavarv (Mystic Modules) -  The guy with two mouths, I guess if you are desperate you could use this as a toothpick. Dark Wood Staff (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; 1in 6 chance to blind enemy; staff) 

Hybros (JimBee) - You seem curious about me, so here is something that you can use to summon me. The Demon Germ (Once per quest the user can summon the might Demon Germ to attack. For double the users level and ignoring any resistance.) 

Jinnipher Buchaire (JimBee) - You seem have a cold shoulder. So here you go. Etherial Opal 

Katie Alderflask-Cour (Kintobor) - Didn't you want some instruments? Wood-Wind (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; instrument/wand) 

Keliim (Mencot) - For some reason you think everyone is smaller than you. So I am giving you this Branch. The best part is I think it is still alive so maybe at some point you could be swinging a "tree" around. Branch (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; Club/Mace) 

Kiray Nastayo (KotZ) - I would give you another Shield. But you have to many already. So you are getting this instead. Blacksmith's Voucher (The holder of this voucher gets one free "weapon/shield" upgrade.) 

Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham (Zephyr) - What do you want? Here you can have one if these too. Blacksmith's Voucher (The holder of this voucher gets one free "weapon/shield" upgrade.) 

Matthias (StickFig) - You like "guns" here is another one. Peashooter (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; double damage to undead; hand-cannon/crossbow) 

Monk Pretzel (Palathadric) - You should learn to embrace the darkness. And this will help with that, you might find out it is not so bad. Etherial Amethyst 

Petaldain Parfenius (Palathadric) - Aren't you just a kid? Here put this on your head and people will have a hard time finding out. Pumpkin (SP:2; absorbs "wood"; headwear for anyone) 

Quintessa of Heartland (Sandy) - Do you want something to? Find take this. Blacksmith's Voucher (The holder of this voucher gets one free "weapon/shield" upgrade.) 

Siercon (Siercon & Coral) - My dark friend, you will like this. Etherial Amethyst 

Skrall (WaterBrick Down) - "Damage" I got a lot of these. Blacksmith's Voucher (The holder of this voucher gets one free "weapon/shield" upgrade.) 

Throat Wieshilm (Lord Duvors)  - You like throwing stuff, right? Magic Leaf (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; Throwing Weapon; that automatically returns to user in 3 rounds) 

Total Waruelf (Alfadas) - I guess you can have this. Long Pointy Stick (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; Halberd/Lance/Spear) 

Vindsval Half-Born  (Asphalt) - You can use another shield, right?  Bark Shield (SP:10; absorbs "wood"; shield)

Zannaquim (Flipz) - You might as well take this. Thorny Vine (WP:10;  wood: unable to remove emerald; adds bleeding by 1; whip) 

Edit - 

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus) - Dang it I for got you. Well good thing I have another one of these. Dark Wood Staff (WP:10; wood: unable to remove emerald; 1in 6 chance to blind enemy; staff) 

Edit - part two 

En Sabah Nu (Jebediahs) - You seem to like rocks so here is this Etherial Garnet.

Heck Brutenhal (Cutcobra) - You are so ugly. Do use all a favor and put this on your head. Pumpkin (SP:2; absorbs "wood"; headwear for anyone) 

OoC: I tried to get everyone who I thought might be active. So if I did not get your name I am sorry. 

Edited by samuraiturtle
Add a comment

Karie sits down at her desk and pulls out a piece of parchment and some ink. Dabbing her quill softly into the substance, Karie begins to finely craft Grogmas letter in her chicken-scratch writing.

Arthur- From one parent to another, Dragon's Hearth Talisman (When worn, the user has Diplomacy when speaking to dragons, accessory)
Lind- A reminder to use your words carefully,  Sealed Aeolus Bomb (Deals 105 damage to all opponents and deals the sealed effect to all opponents when used, consumable)
Jinnipher- For those special nights with Gabriel :wink:, The Giant's Tickler (WP: 5, ignores SP. Greatsword)
Monk Pretzel- Keep fighting the good fight, mate, Demon Repellent
Olivia- 
An incentive not to do stupid stuff, Grating Stone

---

Annienal, having just finished another book, looks outside to see the first snow. She takes out her notebook and begins writing out a letter to Father Grogmas.

Vindsval- Wanderer's Blessing (Consumable. When used on a weapon, successful hits on enemies restore 1 ether to wielder, Wanderer's prefix added to the weapon)
Miderun- I'd, um, like to see you again. It's, um, been a while... Greasy Sausage (+2 Max Health, consumable)
Bobby- I'd, um, also like to see you again as well... but with an improved vocabulary. Book of Proper Grammar (WP: 5, has a 1/2 chance to stun the targeted enemy, Throwing Weapon)

Edited by Kintobor

Sitting quietly at the bar Vindsval listens to the gears and cogs move within his arm.  The sound reminds him that is has been nearly a year since he received the marvelous gift from Father Grogmas.  He pulls nib and paper from one of his cloak pockets and begins to write notes of the gifts he would wish for those around him.

Addok-Zo Obbex.(Goliath) May your walk upon this path be a long one   Object Permanence, (Accessory, SP 3, Cannot be removed, suitable for Goliath Only, +1 Health or +1 Ether (character choice) at the end of every successfully completed quest.)

Thormanil Nihai, Dragonslayer, Orc-kin (Swils)  Another pretty scale to aid your fierce companion.  an Amethyst

Arthur Justus Regulus VII Siegfried (Flipz) Let evil see its own face.  Devil's Glass. (Accessory, Physical and Magical Attacks from Demon type enemies have a 50% chance of being reflected back on the attacker.)

Throlar (Lord Duvors)  Move quickly and with decisiveness.   Greaves of the Wolf  (SP 5, Wearer is NIMBLE, Footwear)

Mistress Karie (kintobor) Harness the power of the darkest winter night.  The Black Mistress' Veil (Battle Song, Adds Darkness Elemental Damage to all Allie' attacks in the round at the cost of 3 ether per allie)

Annienal (Kintobor) Pity those who ignore your voice.  Scroll of the Dragons Roar.  ( Causes Stunned and Burning Two to the target 50/50 chance of success, costs 2 ether)

Bobby Bucks Jr. -For the Shiz my friend, for the shiz.  Nose Ring of Epic Communication. (Accessory Gives the user to ability to deal the Confused effect to anyone or anything he is speaking to.)

Lind Whisperer - Silence is Golden, among both friends and foes. Shield of the Silent Knight (Shield SP 8, Anyone landing a successful attack on the wearer is Sealed.)

Monk Pretzal- Sheharezad's Hot and Spicey Pub Mustard. (consumable, When eaten with a pretzel it allows the effects of the pretzel to last through two battles instead of only one.)

Sorrow- Allow other to lend you the strength needed to destroy your foes. Amulet of the Soul's Respite, (Accessory, At the cost of 5 ether per ally the Necromancer may syphon 10 health from a party member to add 5 weapon points to their own attack.)

Siercon-The breath of life, from the waters of the void. Aquamancer's Mantle (Headwear, SP4, Absorbs Water Based Attacks)

Jinnipher- The witchery way has great power, share it that you may strike down those who would oppress the weak.  Witches decree (Accessory, On roll of shield all allies are granted Poison 1, Stacks)

Miderun-  Pouch of 6 Dragons Teeth. (Consumable, Each tooth has one use, when planted in the ground during battle each tooth will grow into a skeleton with 30 hit points, 0 SP, and damage equal to 2X the level of player who planted it. It will remain under the control of the planter until it is destroyed or the battle ends, at which time it will crumble to dust. Must be placed in the battle order, Skeletons will take a free hit.)

Edited by Asphalt

Throlar, in despite of his habitual grumpiness, felt the spirit of the season upon him.

To Annienal Anavar, one Lens of Speed Reading. For the constant reader.

To Althior Emorith, one Etherial Amethyst. A creepy shadow for you, a creepy shadow for you, creepy shadows for everyone!

To Arthur Ziegfried, one Hearts Fire Amulet (wearer can use anything suitable for Dragoons and is considered a friend by all dragons; the wearer also becomes inspired if there are dragons in the party; suitable to Arthur only; accessory). Simply repaying you in kind.

To Cedric, one Scary Black Cloak (grants the Intimidate [see Black Knight] and "Diplomacy" [see Infiltraitor] job traits; backwear). Because you're nowhere near as intimidating as you think you are.

To Eric, one Aged Five Mountains Ale (grants the encouraged, inspired, hastened, and hilariously and luckily drunk effects). I don't drink the stuff myself, but I think you'll find that Dwarves make it better.

To Peteldan Parvenus, an Adamantine Shield (SP; 25). Because I seem to be the only person here worried about a five-year-old's safety. Alternatively, one Adamantine ore.

Edit: More!

To Vindsval, one Dwarven Cogwork Mechanisim (wearer is lucky, hastened, and immune to slowed. suitable for Vindsval only, handwear, can be worn alongside one other artifact of the same type, will still count toward wearers artifact total). That arm of yours looks like it needs an upgrade.

To Lawrence Boomingham, the Possible Future King's Speech (all allies gain the inspired, companionship, [all heroes gain +1 SP for total number of heroes in battle with companionship, cannot exist if only one hero has companionship] and camaraderie [all heroes gain +1 power for total number heroes in battle with camaraderie, same stipulations as companionship above] effects; consumable). Because every aspiring monarch needs something to say in public.

To Matthias, one Zhar-ptitsa Incense (revives all party members to full health and grants the blessed, transcended, and reinforced effects, consumable). In later times, when all others are forgotten, men will still remember you, and call you a god. Until then, knock yourself out.

To Lind Whisperer, a Trickster's Mask of the Elf :tongue:.

Edit: One More.

To Nerwen, one Fenghuang Essence. I hope you like this, may it help you and your friends.

Edited by Lord Duvors

Siercon (Siercon and Coral): Smoke Form (Renders the user invisible in dark conditions causing Free Hits and /rolls of DAMAGE to miss during Dim weather, suitable for Siercon only, Fits any equipment slot. )

To Blizzard: Poisoned spear of frost (WP:8, Ice elemental,  1/2 chance to cause poisoned by 3), 
To Ezeran: Helmet with mouth (SP:3, headwear. Suitable for Ezeran only, gives the user yet another mouth),
To Petaldan: Sword of fire (SP:10, Fire elemental, pierces defense). 

That should do it. Giving my best friends gifts has to be the best feeling, Torald thought to himself. 

Seemingly out of nowhere a small yellowish plant reminiscent of a mistletoe is climbing on a wall in the hall. When the leaves unfolds there are wishes written upon every leaf:

"Ezeran wishes to bestow upon his friends the following:

To Torald: Boots of Drunken Boxing (Power +2; if wearer is encouraged: power +8. Footwear. Suitable for Torald only).

To Petaldan: Cloak of Innocence (SP 3; grants the wearer immunity to darkness, if the health of the wearer is below 50 % the wearer is also blessed. Backwear. Suitable for Petaldan only).

To Kid Reddson: Pot of Gold (Wearer is granted an increase of 2 gold for every successful battle where the Pot of Gold is equipped. Accessory. Suitable for Kid Reddson only).

To Hunkan Silvertoss: Amulet of Dwarven Stubborness (grants immunity to the afraid-, stunned-, asleep- and enamored- effects. AccessorySuitable to Hunkan only.)

To The Demon GermGift of the Demon (Damage dealt by the wearer causes bleeding 2, Accessory, Suitable to The Demon Germ only).

To Keliim: Barbarian’s Boots (Changes “Natural Respite” job trait into “Restoration”, restoring full health after every battle; suitable for barbarians, chi monks, beast warriors and winged warriors; footwear.).

To Addok-Zo - Spear  "Flower of the Cacti "(SP 8 - deals bleeding 3 to creatures that are vermin or beasts)

Edited by MysticModulus
Added a gift

Keliim not too common with the and not too keen with the idea of the whole Grogmas but likes spending time and giving out gifts to his friends and people he knows, scribbles up a list.

To The Demon Germ: Demon "Germ" Idol (Makes the user blessed and lucky for 3 turns per battle also makes all demons enamored with him, Assessory, suitable for the demon germ only.)

To Ezeran: Nose chain for the bellydemon "Coat Hanger" (Allows wearing a second bodywear artifact regardless of the amount limit for artifacts; Accessory suitable for Ezerans bellydemon only :tongue:)

To Boris: Dark shades (Makes the wearer look even more cool but also grants immunity to light and wp+2 when worn. Accessory suitable for Boris only.)

To Kiray: Quiver of fast reloading (When used makes the user fire twice instead of once. (Hastened but only for ranged weapons) Accessory, suitable for Rangers etc.)

To Siercon: Cloak of Darkness (Adds Dark - element to physical attacks, immunity to Darkness, Backwear)

To Kheyli: Level-up mushroom

To Calamity: Braclet of confusion (Silver braclet with a diamond and amethyst imbued. Grants immunity to both light and dark elemental and half damage from both of them but makes the user confused. Accessory, suitable only for Calamity and the gems can not be removed)

Some more will come if I have the time...

Edited by Mencot

Kiray takes a break from the fields to quickly scribble her list of Heroes down.

For Siercon: An opal, as you seem to not have one in your inventory.

For Keliim: Berserker's Hood (Grants user Encouraged effect, headwear; suitable for barbarians).

For Germ: Upgraded Armor (SP:5, Immune to Ice and Wood; bodywear)

For Ezeraan: An opal as well, since you also seem to not have one.

For Monk Pretzel: Blessed Sword of Ennoc (WP: 16, deals Light damage and has a 1/6 chance of causing Blinded and Afraid; longsword, suitable for knights)

Hybros puts his quill to scroll and begins writing out a list.

Boomingham: Fire-distilled Brandy (causes encouraged and immune-to-fire effects for one battle) - To keep warm and rosy in this cold weather.
Guts: Sapphire - Wherever you are in the world may this help you sail swiftly and allow to return to Eubric on whim.
Atramor: Demonsbane (artifact, accessory - wearer takes half damage from demons) - For the next time you encounter demons, may this protect you.
Ellaria: Impish Artifact (has an unknown effect if used correctly) - A sacred gift from my people to you. I am not sure what it does but it is rooted in the very beginnings of our history.
Nyx: Trendy Handbag (Protects from whichever negative effect was last inflicted in battle to someone else; accessory.) - I thought this might match your cloak.
Skrall: Scattershot (weapon upgrade: when applied to a bow or crossbow, weapon permanently deals double WP if hero is in front row) - For close encounters.
Matthias: Gnomish Epaulets (artifact, accessory, suitable to short heroes, grants Command) - A symbol of respect, these are quite fitting for you.
Arthur: Lightning Rod (WP:10, wielder takes half of the damage that would be applied to parter members at the cost of 5 SP per hit (resets at end of battle); lightning-elemental lance) - Your bravery has not gone unnoticed.
Thalion: Shield of Elvenkind (SP:10, restores 1 ether to wielder every time they take damage; shield) - It appears you could use better defensive equipment.
Dyric: Hero's Heart (when used will auto-revive hero to full health and bestow the encouraged-effect) - For desperate moments requiring your heroics.

For Arthur Justus Regulus, that in his quest for truth the facts may never be hidden from him: Book of Truth (Accessory; Usable by Arthur) - Can be used on ten people per quest to elicit a truthful yes or no answer from each.

For Atramor Gibbin, who always has weapons worth buying: Writ of the Blacksmith (Can be used at Anwyl's Smithy in exchange for a free weapon upgrade).

For Dyric Rone, the assassin of light that the power of light may forever blind his enemies: Ethereal Diamond (Light-elemental spells deal the Blinded effect)

For Eric, so that he will be so intoxicated by his own smell that he will not be able to be polluted by any other stench: Sweaty Leather Girdle (Backwear; Grants Immunity to any kind of Poisoned and Grants Hastened for the First Round of Battle; Furthermore Beasts are enamoured with the user but take x2 damage from him; Suitable to Eric)

For Erik Tyrvarr, as his Peace Totem grows old and ineffectual: Tome of Friendly Relations (Grants the Diplomacy, Intimidate, Animal Talk, and Convert job traits; Tool, Suitable to Erik  only)

For Ezeran Yanarr, that his belly may be fed: Potent Meat (When eaten, grants the Encouraged and Inspired effects for the duration of one quest; removed if hero is knocked out)

For Nerwen Calmcacil, that she many may rally to her noble standard: Heroica Standard (WP: 5; +5 Power to all allies in battle; Upgrades with WP; Spear)

For Sorrow, the spirit must be cleansed before the body can be purified: Ether Core

For Thalion Dwinlas, that he may continue to clean up other's messes, Earth-elemental Broomstick (WP: 17)

Sorry mind still not working properly for this, I hope to come up with more tomorrow.

While trapped in a prison on his quest, Addok-Zo looks for something to write on but fails.  Instead, he quickly thinks about the other heroes and things of things that would be great for them and prays that they get something.

To Vindsval Half-Born: Dwarven-Crafted Mechanical Arm MK-3.7 (SP:3; Doubles WP for the equipped weapon; wearer cannot become disarmed; suitable for Vindsval only; handwear)

To Ezeran Yavarr: Demonic Dentures (SP:2; WP:2; Grants "Intimidation" trait; suitable for Ezeran only; bodywear)

To The Demon GermToxic Aura (Wear is Blessed; immune to Poisoned; deals 5 points of damage to enemies that physically attack the wearer; suitable for The Demon Germ only; accessory)

To Boris Bruhalv: Vampiric Mace (WP:10; Restores 1 health each successful hit; mace)

More to come later.

Matthias' list arrives in the pile. When the veterans read it, they can tell that his nostalgia has overwhelmed his pragmatism, as he's requested gifts for several heroes who are no longer ...heroes.

Cinna the Dark - Zirconia, because what mage doesn't want one of those? And if they get the Zirconias, maybe they'll sell us the rest of their collections!
Dreyrugr - A Hunter's Plate, so that I won't owe him one anymore.
Nagure - A Yeti Fur Brush (Usable once per quest, increases SP of a Yeti Fur Coat by 1).
Purpearl Berthadhiell - A Club VIP Card (Every hero in the VIP's party is entitled to a free Flaming Gumball (Grants Camraderie, consumable) any time they're in a bar), because those elves need a drink to keep the rest of us alive.
Baradok Segul Cannari - A note of credit at the nearest luthier, for a beautiful instrument to enjoy in his retirement.
Guts Holla - What do you get the man who has everything? A Shiny Bauble (Really, really shiny; wearer can chose to do nothing and still count as targetting an enemy; accessory).
Thormanil Nihai - A Dragoon's Helmet; those who are vertically challenged need good protective headgear!
Haldor Skovgaard - A Healer's Totem (Doubles the effectiveness of all healing actions, accessory), because a healer's work is both difficult and important.
Alexis Fenral - She'd look great in a Devil's Blue Dress (SP: 3, grants Promiscuity job trait, bodywear), because while she's pretty alluring it's better when she puts clothes on.
Alexandre le Chevalier - His boots looked really worn out, so how about a pair of Better Tactician's Boots
(Power +5 when fighting in the front row; SP:5 when fighting from the back row; cannot be upgraded; footwear).
Dyric Rone - Five Military-Grade Light Bombs, because what Assassin of the Light relies predominantly on darkness?

Hoke Ablesword - A Decamon Tianlong (Ethereal 10) card, as reminder of fond memories with Torc.
Tesni Hightribe - An Ethereal Diamond, as an upgrade for her Zoot Weapon.
Benji Carvenhall - Suede Boots (SP:4, suitable for Barbarians, Rangers, Rogues, Beast Warriors, and Chi Monks; footwear), because if I have to see those silly Wonky Shoes one more time I might lose my lunch.
Nerwen Calmcacil - Velvet Wrap of Stars (SP: 2, Ether +10, grants immunity to Sealed, backwear), to replace her cloak with something more fitting her station.
Jess Islanti - Perhaps a Heroic Headband (Grants Nimble, suitable to Jess Islanti, headwear) will help her tame her unruly locks.
Lind Whisperer - A Megaphone (Grants Command, accessory). Needs no explanation.
Kiray Nastayo - A Grating Stone, since she has so many weapons already.
Actaeon Artus - The Marksman's Hat (1/6 chance wearer's strikes will instantly kill their target, headwear) would make him fearsome indeed.
Siercon - A Mythril Shard, since he has two so far.
Karie Alderflask-Cour - She could use the sheet music for The Heroica Theme (Grants Encouraged to all party members in their next battle unless they rest before they fight, costs 1 ether per party member, battle song).
Althior Emorith - Prophecy (Grants a random positive effect to each party member, costs 1 ether per party member, spell). All this is true, because it rhymes.
Skrall - An Onion Parfait (Grants Halitosis (Any enemy attacking the ogre during this battle is immediately Confused due to the awful smell of onion breath), suitable for ogres, consumable), because Ogres are like onions and everyone likes parfait.
Darksten - He could use a Hydra Tongue, to permanently poison his bow... or maybe his arrows. Wait, how does that even work?
Arthur Ziegfried - An Ethereal Amythest, since he didn't get one in Etheria.
Hybros - A 12-pack of Nostrums, the luck of the little folk.
Throlar Wineghilm - Another Grating Stone, for another hero with a bundle of sharp pointy objects.
Lord Cedric - A bag of 1000 gold, to start his hero career off on the right foot.

Edited by StickFig
spelling

~GC Note: Grogmas Gifts will close in about 8 hours. Get your lists in if you haven't already!~

Jinnipher also gets to writing out a list, reluctantly of course, but if it meant free items in return... She also had a case of her home's signature brew to distribute.

Lind: The Art of Battle (WP:10, once thrown the wielder gains 5 power until it is retrieved. The wielder is allowed to use one free item when retrieved; throwing weapon) - Learn something useful from a book for a change.
Karie: Hundred Hero Hymn (Doubles the current and maximum health for the rest of the party for the remainder of the round. Stacks with the inspired-effect. Costs 2 ether per ally.) - To help you be a more inspiring leader.
Arthur: Dragon Scale (consumable, grants lucky- and blessed-effects) - Something to commemorate your... friend.
Siercon: Feathers of Garuda Wings (permanent upgrade, raises power by 5 every time the wielder flies, resets with hero's fly multiplier; suitable to Winged Warriors) - I really do hope you get your wings, some day.
Vindsval: Mooneshine (consumable, all DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. You sure you can handle it, big guy?
Thormanil: Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. 
Terry: Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. I know you won't be able to handle this stuff, kid. Save it for when you're older.
Pretzel:  Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. It's pretty much holy water, monk.
Skrall:  Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. A classic vintage from Moone, even you can appreciate that.
Warlen: Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. A classic vintage from Moone, even you can appreciate that.

Thalion's Grogmas list:

For Alexander Vandangant: Ranger's Hood (SP:2, immune to wood, wearer can tame animals see Sylvan Ranger, suitable to rangers)

For Atramor Gibbin: Cloak of the Master Thief (SP:3, wearer cannot be targeted in combat until his first successful attack, wearer steals 25% more gold, backwear, suitable for Atramor)

For Guts Holla: Big Black Helmet (SP:3, grants Intimidation, enemies below 1/2 level of the wearer cannot attack him directly, headwear, suitable for Guts)

For Hybros: Imp's Cowl (SP:5, wearer is immune to sealed and petrified, accessory, suitable for Hybros)

For Arthur Ziegfried: Winged Dragon Greaves (SP: 2, wearer is permanently hastened, the hero gets +10 power as long as there is a dragon in the party, footwear, suitable for Arthur)

For Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham: Wavering Shield (SP:8, wearer is blessed on even numbered rounds, and immune to cursed on odd numbered rounds, shield, suitable for Boomingham)

For Monk Pretzel: Book of Artisan's Tricks (At the beginning of the quest, wearer may choose to copy another class' ability (the copied ability can be used at will until the artifact is worn and/or end of the quest), accessory, suitable for Monk Pretzel)

For Nerwen Calmcacil: Staff of Peace-Bringer (WP:12, each successful hit has 50% chance to pacify the target making it do nothing for the next 2 rounds, staff, suitable for Nerwen)

For Skrall: Amulet of the Seasoned Hunter (SP:4, immune to wood, earth, weakened, slowed, bound and stunned, headwear, suitable for Skrall)

Edited by -obelix-

Arthur's Grogmas Gifts

To Germ: Demon Wings - (Take To The Skies deals Darkness-elemental damage and Hexed instead of Wind-elemental damage and Stunned; backwear, suitable to The Demon Germ only)

To Karie: Portable Vibrataphone - (May be used in battle to record an active Battle Song, whether from an ally or an enemy; at the end of the Quest, the recorded Battle Song is transcribed into a song sheet for permanent use.  Tool, usable by Minstrels only.)

To Namyrra: Shroud of the Tempest - (Makes all undead raised while wearing the shroud deal elemental damage corresponding to the element(s) boosted by the weather they were raised in instead of darkness-elemental (if no weather is present, damage is still darkness-elemental); suitable to necromancers only; backwear.)

To Boomingham: Oath of Restitution - (Vindicator's Oath: After the targeted enemy damages an ally, the ally gains Gold equal to the damage received.)

To Dyric: Ace Assassin Training - (Ability; Dyric's successful Assassination rolls against enemies immune to instant kill deals an additional LETHAL AIM roll (see Assassin))

To Kiray: Ace Assassin Training - (Ability; Kiray's successful Assassination rolls against enemies immune to instant kill deals an additional LETHAL AIM roll (see Assassin))

To Nerwen:  Robes of Revengeance (Grants the Wild Mind job trait (see Regulator), and Wild Mind triggers on the Round after the user rolls a SHIELD in addition to the first Round of battle; bodywear, suitable to healing classes only)

To Pretzel:  Robes of Revengeance (Grants the Wild Mind job trait (see Regulator), and Wild Mind triggers on the Round after the user rolls a SHIELD in addition to the first Round of battle; bodywear, suitable to healing classes only)

To Skrall: Hunter's Heavy Armor (SP:5 (tripled against favoured enemies), immune to Fragile, Blind, and Confused effects; bodywear, suitable to Skrall only)

To Siercon: Angel Wings of Death (Once per battle, the wearer may expend their Flying multiplier to gain the ability to deal Impending Doom (Doomed with 1 Round remaining) on attacks for an equal number of Rounds; backwear, suitable for Siercon only)

To Thormanil and Arx: Elemental Mastery - (Dragon Ability; Arx's Ice-elemental breath attacks have a 1/6 chance of dealing the Fragile-effect; this chance increases to 2/6 when the Dragon is a Youngling, 3/6 when the Dragon is an Adult, and 4/6 when the Dragon is an Elder.

To Hoke: Winged Dragon Greaves (SP: 2, wearer is permanently hastened, the hero gets +10 power as long as there is a dragon in the party, footwear, suitable for Hoke)

To Thalion: Blindfold of the Elven Spellmaster - (Max Ether +10, wearer is permanently Blind, spells do triple damage instead of double damage to vulnerable opponents; headwear or accessory, suitable to Elves of classes that use gems)

To Throlar: Inspirational Standard - (At the user's choice, either Inspires one random ally at the start of battle, OR allows user and all allies with the Diplomacy job trait to Tame (see Sylvan Ranger) humanoid enemies that are not immune to instant kill; accessory, suitable to characters with Diplomacy only)

To Hybros: Glimmer Cape (Changes the wearer's '4' roll to HIDE (see Rogue), or STEAL & HIDE with Swift Boots or an equivalent; wearer's first attack after hiding is treated as the landing of a dragon-assisted JUMP HIT (see Dragoon); backwear, suitable to characters with the HIDE, STEAL, or STEAL & HIDE rolls only)

To Vindsval: Wanderer's Seal (Vindicator's Seal, grants access to the Vindicator job class; suitable to followers of the Wanderer only)

Zanna's Grogmas Gifts

To Boris: Enchanted Fangs - (Ability; at the end of each Round, Boris gains health equal to the bleeding damage suffered by all combatants)

To Addok-Zo: Scavenger's Toolkit - (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only)

As the festive atmosphere grows, Darksten reminisces about the people he has previously quested with and drafts a list of possible gifts

Althior Emorith (K-Nut): Money Pouch (+1SP for every 1000 Gold pieces stored in it)

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher): Goggles of Awesome (Protects player from being blinded, Accessory)

Deus Spiranius (Lego Spy):Dwarven Bow (WP:5, +5WP against elves, Bow)

Grimwald Gjinko (LordoftheNoobs): Scroll of Growth (Enables caster to grow target, increasing their power, max. health and max. ether by double their normal value (rounded up) for 3 rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 10 ether)

Hoang Anh (hoanganhbeo): Spider Web Shield (SP: 5, +2SP against vermin)

Karie Alderflask-Cour (Kintober):Music Box (At the start of a quest, a user may target the music box and record one song at normal ether cost [music box counts as either 1 ally or 1 enemy; min cost is 2 ether]. Once recorded, the music box can then be used to play the song by any character who holds it)

Leofwein Twynam (Capt.JohnPaul): Mr. Prickles (WP: 10, Causes bleeding effect, mace)

Lind Whisperer (Lind Whisperer): Journal (Carrier gains(+) 1WP but loses(-) 1SP per quest the journal is carried in; Accessory)

Lord Cedric (wiz): Power Tie (Wearer receives 10% more (rounded down) gold from contracts, and 10% discount (rounded down) at the market; Accessory)

Matthias (StickFig): Payload Adapter x10 (Allows user to fire two bomb types from a hand cannon at once, depleted after each shot)

Purpearl Berthadhiell (Purpearljellyblob): Mystic Tiara (+5 Ether; Immunity to Darkness)

Skrall (Waterbrick Down): Squirrel Pelt Armor (SP: 3, Grants Nimble effect)

Throlar Wineghilm (Lord Duvors): Seal of the Titaanese (At the discretion of the QM, NPCs will seek out the ambassador to provide random loot/tips/etc; suitable only to Throlar)

Looking around he also spots a new face who could use some holiday care

Olivia Valeriya Lorraine (Fox Womb): Veil of Beginner's Luck (Grants wearer power equal to the difference between wearer's level and the next highest player's level; only suitable for basic job classes; Headwear:)

A list signed from Skrall made its way into the hall revealing his wishes for all of his good friends.

To En Sabah Nur, I found one of these during my travels in Baltarok, thought ya'd find good use for it. Dagger of Orc-kin - WP: 5, WP is multiplied by the number of Greenskins in the Party, Dagger.

To Lord Boomingham, one of these days, ya'll figure out how to solve things more peaceably, but until then may this serve ya well. Oath of Reconciliation - After the targeted enemy damages an ally, the enemy becomes enamored with the target for the next round.

To Dyric Rone, the most humble man I've ever had the honor of meeting. Quiver of Shrouding Darkness - Attacks become dark-elemental and cause Sealed; can only be used with a bow or a crossbow; back wear.

To Arthur Ziegfried, may you find peace pursuin' whatever path lies before ya. The shamans here in Baltarok create these once in a while for the wanderin' scouts. Self-Documenting Map - 1/3 chance to grant the reinforced effect at the beginning of each battle. The bearer can also never lose their way. Accessory

To Atramor Gibbin, somehow you've made it through yer whole career without a pair of these, figured it was about time ya got some. Beginners Lock-picks - 1/3 chance to grant the Inspired effect at the beginning of each battle. The bearer can also unlock any non-magical locks. Accessory

To Hybros, I hope ya know family is more than just blood around this holiday season. Dueling Cloak - Rolls of Dual Special Damage become Dual Special Dodge, Backwear.

To Karie Alderflask-Cour, may you foster a better relationship with yer kid, than I ever did with my own. Locket of Memories -  1/3 chance to grant the Enlightened effect at the beginning of each battle, doubling the targets current and maximum ether. Accessory

To Nerwen Calmacil, an elf from whom the world could learn much. Peacekeeper's TotemGrants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Nerwen only. Accessory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A second letter arrived from Boris.

Keliim, I have a feeling you'd have a better chance of staying alive with one of these things. Cloak of the Winterlands - Absorb Ice, SP 3, Backwear.

Ezeran Yavarr, to light your way. Diamond

Jinnipher Buchaire, may you lead future parties with a level head and a sharp sword. Blade of Boldness - WP: 15, WP is doubled if wielder is first in the battle order. Greatsword.

Vindsval Halfborn, so that we may have a more informed conversation at our next meeting. Pocket Concordance - Grants the "Arcane Wisdom" job trait. Accessory

Many heroes wake up on Grogmas Day to holiday cheer, and a gift waiting by their side.

Merry Grogmas!

Actaeon Artus:
Marksman's Hat (1/6 chance wearer's strikes will instantly kill humanoid targets, headwear)

Addok-Zo:
Scavenger's Toolkit (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only)

Alexander Vandangant: 
Cowl of Sylvania (grants Animal Talk, headwear)

Alexandre le Chevalier:
Better Tactician's Boots (Power +5 when fighting in the front row; SP:5 when fighting from the back row; cannot be upgraded; footwear).

Alexis Fenral:
Devil's Blue Dress (SP: 3, grants Promiscuity job trait, bodywear)

Annienal Anavar:
Scroll of the Dragon's Roar (Causes Stunned and Burning-5 to the target 50/50 chance of success, costs 2 ether)

Althior Emorith:
Ethereal Amethyst (causes Blinded)

Arthur Ziegfried:'
Dragon's Hearth Talisman (When worn, the user has Diplomacy when speaking to dragons, accessory)

Atramor Gibbin:
Beginners Lock-picks (1/3 chance to grant the Inspired effect at the beginning of each battle. The bearer can also unlock any non-magical locks. Accessory)

Boris Bruhalv:
Dark Shades  (grants immunity to Light and WP+2 when worn. Accessory suitable for Boris only.)

Calamity:
Charming Bracelet (immune to light, darkness and confusion; handwear)

Cedric:
Scary Black Cloak (grants the Intimidate [see Black Knight] and "Diplomacy" [see Infiltraitor] job traits; backwear)

Cinna the Dark:
Ethereal Amethyst (causes blindness)

Darksten:
Feathered Hat

Demon Germ:
Demon Wings (Take To The Skies deals Darkness-elemental damage and Hexed instead of Wind-elemental damage and Stunned; backwear, suitable to The Demon Germ only)

Deus Spiranius:
Dwarven Bow (WP:5, +5WP against elves, Bow)

Dreyrugr: 
Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors)

Dyric Rone:
Ace Assassin Training (Ability; Dyric's successful Assassination rolls against enemies immune to instant kill deals an additional LETHAL AIM roll (see Assassin))

Benji Carvenhall:
Suede Boots (SP:4, suitable for Barbarians, Rangers, Rogues, Beast Warriors, and Chi Monks; footwear), 

Blizzard:
Soft Yeti Fur Coat (SP:8, bodywear)

Bobby Bucks, Jr.:
Nose Ring of Ill Communication (Accessory Gives the user to ability to deal the Confused effect to anyone or anything he is speaking to.)

Ellaria Arbour:
Ethereal Emerald (causes bound), Impish Artifact (has an unknown effect if used correctly)

En Sabah Nur:
Dagger of Orc-kin (WP: 5, WP is multiplied by the number of Greenskins in the Party, Dagger)

Eric:
Aged Five Mountains Ale (grants the encouraged, inspired, hastened, and hilariously and luckily drunk effects).

Erik:
Tome of Friendly Relations (Grants the Diplomacy, Intimidate, Animal Talk, and Convert job traits; Tool, Suitable to Erik only)

Ezeran Yvarr:
Diamond

Grimwald Gjinko:
Scroll of Growth (Has a 50% chance of dealing the Enlarged-effect, causing the target's level, max health and max ether to multiply by 10 for one round. Costs 15 ether). 

Guts:
Sapphire

Haldor Skovgaard:
Healer's Totem (Doubles the effectiveness of all healing actions, accessory)

Heckz Brutenhal:
Pumpkin Helm (SP:2; absorbs "wood"; headwear for anyone)

Hoang Anh: 
Spider Web Shield (SP: 5, +2SP against vermin)

Hoke Ablesword:
Tianlong (Ethereal 10 decamon card)

Hunkan Silvertoss: 
Amulet of Dwarven Stubborness (grants immunity to the afraid-, stunned-, and enamored- effects. AccessorySuitable to Hunkan only.)

Hybros:
Glimmer Cape (Attacks after 'Hide' or 'Steal & Hide' deal double damage)

Jess Islanti:
Heroic Headband (Grants Nimble, suitable to Jess Islanti, headwear)

Jinnipher Buchaire:
Witch's Decree (Accessory, On roll of shield all allies are granted Poison 1, Stacks)

Karie Alderflask-Cour:
Hundred Hero Hymn (Doubles the current and maximum health for the rest of the party for the remainder of the round. Stacks with the inspired-effect. Costs 10 ether per ally.)

Keliim the Cruel:
Cloak of the Winterlands (Absorb Ice, SP 3, Backwear)

Kid Reddson:
Pot of Gold (Wearer is granted an increase of 10 gold for every successful battle where the Pot of Gold is equipped. Accessory. Suitable for leprechauns only).

Kheyli: 
Level-up mushroom

Kiray Nastayo:
Writ of Blacksmith Service (may be used to purchase one free weapon or shield upgrade from a blacksmith)

Lawrence Boomingham: 
Oath of Restitution (Vindicator's Oath: After the targeted enemy damages an ally, the ally gains Gold equal to the damage received.)

Leofwein Twynam: 
Mr. Prickles (WP: 10, Causes bleeding effect, mace)

Lind Whisperer: 
Shield of the Silent Knight (Shield, SP:8, attackers have a 50% chance of being Sealed)

Matthias:
Zhar-ptitsa Incense (revives all party members to full health and grants the blessed, transcended, and reinforced effects, consumable).

Monk Pretzel:
Book of Artisan's Tricks (At the beginning of the quest, wearer may choose to copy another class' ability (the copied ability can be used at will until the end of the quest), accessory, suitable for Artisans)

Miderun:
Greasy Sausage (+2 permanent Max. Health)

Na'im Thamir:
Dark Wood Staff (WP:10; darkness- andwood-elemental, 1/6 chance to cause Blinded; staff)

Nagure:
Ambrosia (grants Reinforced-effect for one battle)

Namyrra Uq:
Shroud of the Tempest (Makes all undead raised while wearing the shroud deal elemental damage corresponding to the element(s) boosted by the weather they were raised in instead of darkness-elemental (if no weather is present, damage is still darkness-elemental); suitable to necromancers only; backwear.)

Nerwen Calmcacil:
Velvet Wrap of Stars (SP: 2, Ether +10, grants immunity to Sealed, backwear)

Nyx: 
Trendy Handbag (Protects from whichever negative effect was last inflicted in battle to someone else; accessory.)

Olivia Valeriya Lorraine:
Grating Stone (can be used to raise a weapon's WP by 1 permanently)

Petaldan Parfenius:
Cloak of Innocence (SP 3; grants the wearer immunity to darkness, if the health of the wearer is below 50 % the wearer is also blessed. Backwear. Suitable for Petaldan only).

Purpearl Berthadhiell: 
Mug Club Card (Every hero in the holder's party is entitled to a free Flaming Gumball (Grants Camraderie, consumable) any time they're in a bar)

Quintessa of Heartland:
Writ of Blacksmith Service (may be used to purchase one free weapon or shield upgrade from a blacksmith)

Siercon:
Mythril Shard

Skrall:
Scattershot (weapon upgrade: when applied to a bow or crossbow, weapon permanently deals double WP if hero is in front row)

Sorrow:
Ether Core

Terry Yelnats: 
Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle

Tesni Hightribe:
Ethereal Diamond (causes Blinded)

Thalion Dwinlas:
Shield of Elvenkind (SP:10, restores 1 ether to wielder every time they take damage; shield)

Thormanil Nihai:
Dragoon Helmet  (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear)

Throlar Wineghilm:
Greaves of the Wolf  (SP:5, Wearer is Nimble, Footwear)

Torald Waruelf: 
Boots of Drunken Boxing (Power +2; if wearer is encouraged: power +8. Footwear. Suitable for Torald only).

Vindsval Half-Born:
Wanderer's Seal (Vindicator's Seal, grants access to the Vindicator job class; suitable to followers of the Wanderer only)

Warlen Melimane: 
Mooneshine (consumable, all negative DoT effects (poisoned, bleeding, burning, etc.) are reduced to one damage per round each for the duration of one battle) - A drink brewed in Moone that's so strong it'll heal any lasting ailments. A classic vintage from Moone, even you can appreciate that.

Zannaquim:
Thorny Vine (WP:10, deals Bleeding-3, wood-elemental whip)

GM Note: You may enter the new items to your inventories. Thanks to all who participated! Until next year!

On 12/5/2016 at 2:11 AM, samuraiturtle said:

Heck Brutenhal (Cutcobra) - You are so ugly. Do use all a favor and put this on your head. Pumpkin (SP:2; absorbs "wood"; headwear for anyone) 

OoC: It looks like you forgot someone. Not sure if it because it was last minute.