Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Official LEGO Stories as Printed on Pirates Boxes

Here's 6281 Pirate's Perilous Pitfall

Captain Redbeard and his renegade Pirates want to get their hands on the Imperial gold. With the building sets from the LEGO SYSTEM

Here's 6281 Pirate's Perilous Pitfall

Captain Redbeard and his renegade Pirates want to get their hands on the Imperial gold. With the building sets from the LEGO SYSTEM

My Eldorado Fortress box AND Caribbean Clipper box did not come with any stories on the box, is this usual?

Thanks, oh and keep up the great work chaps, some of the box sotries are interesting. *y*

My Eldorado Fortress box AND Caribbean Clipper box did not come with any stories on the box, is this usual?

Both of mine did, printed on the inside of the flaps. I bought them almost as soon as they came out (thus getting shooting cannons in the US).

Maybe they changed the boxes later, I just don't know. Kind of a shame, the stories and artwork are nice.

It looks like only the US versions of the sets had stories, and the full stories stopped appearing with the 1993 sets. So I think the only one we have left is the Imperial Trading Post. Anybody have a US copy?

TC

It looks like only the US versions of the sets had stories, and the full stories stopped appearing with the 1993 sets. So I think the only one we have left is the Imperial Trading Post. Anybody have a US copy?

TC

This guy does ... Linky

I'm not having a lot of luck reading it, however.

Are you sure it's US only? If so, I'm surprised the tri-lingual ones were US, but it's certainly possible.

Well I am here in Britain with a box with English writing on it.

Perhaps you should change the topic title to: "Official LEGO Stories as Printed on US Pirates Boxes"?

Well I am here in Britain with a box with English writing on it.

Perhaps you should change the topic title to: "Official LEGO Stories as Printed on US Pirates Boxes"?

If we can confirm that it's US only, I'll make a note accordingly.

This guy does ... Linky

I'm not having a lot of luck reading it, however.

Are you sure it's US only? If so, I'm surprised the tri-lingual ones were US, but it's certainly possible.

Fairly sure--most pictures I've seen of the European had no stories on the flap. Don't know about markets like Canada and Mexico, though. As I recall, the early US boxes (1989-1992) had a longer story in English only, with a section unique to each set as we've seen here. The later boxes (1993 on) were in English, French, and Spanish, and had only a short, general, framing story. Multi-lingual products and signage have become increasingly common in the U.S. since the early 90s, both to better serve customers who speak only or mostly Spanish and so that companies only have to print one box to serve their entire North American market (Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.)

TC

Fairly sure--most pictures I've seen of the European had no stories on the flap. Don't know about markets like Canada and Mexico, though. As I recall, the early US boxes (1989-1992) had a longer story in English only, with a section unique to each set as we've seen here. The later boxes (1993 on) were in English, French, and Spanish, and had only a short, general, framing story. Multi-lingual products and signage have become increasingly common in the U.S. since the early 90s, both to better serve customers who speak only or mostly Spanish and so that companies only have to print one box to serve their entire North American market (Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.)

TC

I agree with that. I have lots of european sets and none of them have "pirate stories" etc. There's only pictures under the flap. I'm 100% sure about this!

"The later boxes (1993 on) were in English, French, and Spanish, and had only a short, general, framing story. Multi-lingual products and signage have become increasingly common in the U.S. since the early 90s, both to better serve customers who speak only or mostly Spanish and so that companies only have to print one box to serve their entire North American market (Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.)"

That's correct too.

What a catchy name... |-/

Steve

X-D Before the introduction of the "LEGO System" idea, they were known as the "LEGOLAND Pirates of the Sea." Maybe a little better, but still a mouthful. ;)

TC

Thinking about it, Pirates of the Caribbean isn't much better! X-D

Edited by Lord Of Pies

All of the stories are now posted at Classic-Pirates.com including one that isn't in this thread, so you might want to head on over and take a peek.

Be there or be square ... rigged. *wacko* X-D

I finally got to reading those.

Great job of you guys!! Nice stories.

I never knew there were any stories. There never were stories on my boxes!! :'-( So not likely I'm gonna add any stories..

Seems you already collected quite alot of them.

Keep it up!

I never knew there were any stories. There never were stories on my boxes!! :'-( So not likely I'm gonna add any stories..

Keep it up!

Not unless you buy sets from North America..

cheer up, americans just need stories, because the lack of their imagination :-P

Sorry to get the defibrillator out on this post. - "CLEAR"

We have a resurrection.

I have come across this post in the search for all pirates stories as I will be doing a big local display and the organiser has requested historical information on the sets. I also happen to have the Eldorado story right here and can confirm the following... after usual blurb...

Knowing that the Pirates would come looking for the gold, Governor Broadside, governor of the settler colony, sent a message to all of his men to meet him at the Eldorado Fortress.

It was in the Fortress that the Governor made plans to protect the settlers fortunes. Beneath the Fortress floor was a secret hideaway. It was there that the Governor decided the gold should be kept so that it would be safe from the Pirates. Part of his plan was to unload the gold from the ship, the Caribbean Clipper, and move it to the Fortress. He wondered what adventures lay ahead...

In resurrecting this hopefully more stories are shared!

Thanks,

AB

Has anyone collected high quality photos of all of the box interiors with their stories somewhere?

Following up my own request from over a year ago, here is what I've managed to collect for actual photos of the box flap stories.

Pirates Box Flap Stories

This is only the stories from the Bluecoat era (1989-91) as that's where my current needs are.

If anyone has better photos to share it would be appreciated.