Sign in to follow this  
Norro

I Got Something In The Mail!

Hey all,

I finally got something in the mail... Some very rare, very coveted, very useful, very desirable:

...................................................Bricks!...................Yes!

They're old grey, so that's good!

God Bless,

Nathan

(creeping silently back to his unexciting, but very inspiring, purchase)

Old grey is good, but LEGO won't be going back to old grey in the forseeable future. So better get those greys while you can. Besides, I pretty much used to the newer bleys now...

And in my opinion, it's not "unexciting". Remember; LEGO started out as get basic bricks. And congrats on the new (or are they already used?) bricks.

It would appear the grey bricks on second hand market aren't going to run out any time soon.

Now, how does this relate to Castle and Pirates? You building a castle with these bricks? A BIIIIIIIIG BIIIIIIIIIIIG castle?

Old grey is good, but LEGO won't be going back to old grey in the forseeable future. So better get those greys while you can. Besides, I pretty much used to the newer bleys now...

I have a small box of bley, but I'm boycotting the new colours. I think I'll just buy more old sets now...

God Bless,

Nathan

Now, how does this relate to Castle and Pirates?  You building a castle with these bricks?  A  BIIIIIIIIG  BIIIIIIIIIIIG castle?

Yes.

Oh goodie!  When?

Finishing touches are going on right now... My crummy photography shouldn't take too long, and then....

God Bless,

Nathan

A quick update. It was a good sunday and after church I finished my castle... pics soon.

God Bless,

Nathan

Personally, I have enough regular gray. I've been stocking my blay collection like a madman. I have about... 1/6 as much light blay as light gray and 1/3 (!!) as much dark blay as dark gray. I also have about 1/2 as much sh!t-brown as brown.

So unless you don't have enough gray, stock on blay. It's not like it's going to change.

Very good point Bloody Jay. If you have one or other does it really matter? I don't have any bley myself so I can't compare it to the tradional grey. But my theory is, if you don't mix them then it shouldn't matter too much. Unless of course the bley constrasts horribly with the other colours...

Personally, and this is just personaly, I enjoy landscape building most (with a building on it of course...) I find the new greys to be far to bright to be stone or rock and they clash terribly with green and old brown. So for my building needs it is grab the old....

God Bless,

Nathan

Oh dear! This does sound grim. Not owning any bley myself I haven't seen what it looks like.

Do you have pics of the colour clash with bley?

Do you have pics of the colour clash with bley?

Here is an picture (of one of my own mistakes >-| ) whilst using dark grey..

noooooo.jpg

Children! Whilst playing with new greys, be safe.. not sorry!

Jon.

It definitely stands out, but I'm still curious to how it would look in the context of an actual set...

What is this picture part of Mr. Fett?

Only time will tell Phes ;)

Look out for a post in the My Own Creations section in the next few weeks!

Jon.

Indeed I shall! Great strategy for placing a teaser!

Can you divluge in anymore details here or is that best left for a new thread? Not that I'm entirely sure what topic of this thread is and where is suppose to be going anyway...