Sign in to follow this  
henrysunset

New LEGO Architecture model by 'The LEGO Architect' author in November Brick Loot

I am really excited that the Brick Loot team gave me an opportunity to design a model which was included in the November Brick Loot box.  I jumped at the chance to expand on the narrative I started with my book 'The LEGO Architect' by creating a new model that explores a recent trend in Architecture.

JB2A1084-600x300.jpg
LEGO Architecture model in November 2016 Brick Loot subscription.

The model I designed explores contemporary architecture trends, emphasizing projecting volumes, angular shapes, glass, and mixed materials. I call the model “@ Home”, because the front facade has a curving yellow shape that looks like an “@” sign.

Brick_Loot_Contemporary_Detailed_Instruc
Detailed building instructions

(A video of the build steps is available at Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxIuxEig8I&feature=youtu.be )

You will find more information about the model, instructions, videos, and photos of early prototypes that I created along the way at: http://brickarchitect.com/brickloot/

Thanks,
Tom Alphin, Author 'The LEGO Architect'

I just corrected an error in the instructions, which was pointed out by a forum member.  A new "version 1.1" is available for download on my website.

Edited by henrysunset

I like it, what is a brick loot box, is that similar to the box craze, like loot crate and all that?  Anyone have a link to order this?