Sven F

[MOC] modular interior vignettes

I made these for the Rebrick contest for the 10th anniversary of modular buildings.  
The task was an interior vignette up to 16x16 studs in size which would thematically fit in any of the modular buildings. 

I tried to refrain as much as possible from using many ready-made items and accessories. :classic:

Hotel Lobby for the Cafe Corner

hotel01c.jpg

hotel02c.jpg

hotel03c.jpg

hotel04c.jpg

hotel05c.jpg

Baby room for Pet Shop (the building, not the store, lol)

room01c.jpg

room02c.jpg

room03c.jpg

room04c.jpg

room06c.jpg

room05c.jpg

Well done. I hadn't seen the hotel lobby one yet. I was keeping up with all of the postings, but then it hit into the 200s, so I quit following it. There were a lot of subpar builds on there and a handful of exceptional ones. Granted, I'm not the judge so who knows what they will vote for. I noticed a lot didn't follow the rules. At least you mention the exact rules and guidelines. So kudos.

With that said, very clever builds. I really like the back cabinet design in the hotel lobby. I was going to do a wall effect like that for my Wayne manor, so that is interesting to see how it looks in the actual brick. The luggage cart is clever too.

As for the baby's room. Top notch. The rocking horse and the changing table are my favorites.

Keep up the good work.

I didn't enter because I never seemed to find the time, but I doubt I could have competed with these.

These are superb, some of the best I have seen. The hotel lobby is perfect especially the mail/key box built-in behind the counter. Excellent touches in the nursery like the mobile and beads on the wire toy. Thanks for showing how were constructed. Very inspiring.

Great! I love the hotel lobby but the baby room is great as well. Very creative parts use and atmospheric color combinations! :classic:

Beautiful! Love those cabinet walls in the cafe lobby. Great clock design. Creative luggage trolley. Love those furniture and toys in the baby room. Awesome work there!!

Thanks everyone. :classic:

@TheLegoDr:  Yeah, I didn't expect such a large amount of creations, it must be a popular theme. It was fun to build and follow and brainstorm elements before going to bed.

Did you win? When I saw it I stopped regretting that I didn't participate in this contest. I was without chances.

What an incredibly inspiring and intricate set of builds! I have found myself falling over at many turns and being constantly blown away by the amount of detail squeezed into 16x16.
Just beautifully done, but not over doing it. Mind. Blown.
Thanks heaps for the instruction pics, given me heaps to ponder!!!

Thank you for such approving comments.
I will try to share more MOC's in the future.

WOW :wub:

My favorites: the couch, rocking horse, changing table. Just to mention the details.  Oh and the picture on the baby room's wall, very nice build.

Superb work, thanks for sharing!

One of the best interior decorating designs that I have ever seen. Very inspired by this. Something I am trying to get better at. Thank you for sharing.

Miro

Fantastic vignettes.  I like the baby room.  Good luck with the contest.  Dec. 12th is also the winner announcement day for the Best Friends contest. Those LEGO judges are going to be busy.  :laugh:

They are very nice. If these would be sold as a modular houses addition, I think lots of people would by them.