Realshow

What future LEGO Movies would you like to see happen?

Here's a more specific question pertaining to Lego movies: What actor/actress would you wish to see do a voice roll in a potential future movie? Futhermore, what sort of archetype or character could you see them portraying? :classic:

On 6/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a more specific question pertaining to Lego movies: What actor/actress would you wish to see do a voice roll in a potential future movie? Futhermore, what sort of archetype or character could you see them portraying? :classic:

He had a slight cameo as a reporter in The Lego Batman Movie, but I’d love to have Chris Hardwick voice a more prominent character in one of these films. I just love him as a person and his voice would fit a minifigure perfectly.

I’m surprised Bill Hader hasn’t been in a LEGO Movie yet. Seems right up his alley. Other actors I think could work for these films in the future are Jason Sedakis, Jason Bateman, Seth Rogen, Aubrey Plaza, Aziz Ansari, Adam Scott, Jane Krakowski and Kaitlin Olson. They’ve all worked with several members of already existing cast. 

For some reason, I'd kinda like to see Samuel L. Jackson take on a voice roll in a potential future movie, perhaps as some sort of caricatured version of himself. :laugh:

The Lego Green Lantern Movie!

So much untapped Creative Potential!

On 6/12/2018 at 4:39 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

For some reason, I'd kinda like to see Samuel L. Jackson take on a voice roll in a potential future movie, perhaps as some sort of caricatured version of himself. :laugh:

Yes!

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

The Lego Green Lantern Movie!

You know, I'd rather wish to see Jonah Hill's Green Lantern be a sort of hanger-on sidekick type in a Batman/Superman cop buddy sequel to The Lego Batman Movie; but, perhaps that's just me not seeing the potential plausibility in a Green Lantern centric entry to the LCU.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, I'd rather wish to see Jonah Hill's Green Lantern be a sort of hanger-on sidekick type in a Batman/Superman cop buddy sequel to The Lego Batman Movie; but, perhaps that's just me not seeing the potential plausibility in a Green Lantern centric entry to the LCU.

What if you marry the ideas? 

Like "Lethal Weapon"? Batman (Gibson) and Superman (Glover) taking on a group of Earth-and-space villains with Green Lantern (Pesci) tagging along? Not bad - very interesting idea!

I've expressed this on the prior page of this discussion before, but personally, I think Hugh Jackman would be the perfect choice to voice Johnny Thunder in an Lego Adventurers Movie if that were to ever happen! For that matter, I could also see Russell Crowe voicing one of his archnemses while Marion Cotillard could voice a love interest of his. 

12 hours ago, J4ck said:

What if you marry the ideas? 

How so? Are you perhaps suggesting more of a Superman/Green Lantern reluctant cop buddy movie instead, perhaps? Technically that could make sense, as Channing Tanum (a.k.a. Superman) and Jonah Hill (a.k.a. Green Lantern) did play such parts in Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street.

7 hours ago, CommishGordon said:

Like "Lethal Weapon"? Batman (Gibson) and Superman (Glover) taking on a group of Earth-and-space villains with Green Lantern (Pesci) tagging along? Not bad - very interesting idea!

Precisely what I had in mind! :wink: :sweet:

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've expressed this on the prior page of this discussion before, but personally, I think Hugh Jackman would be the perfect choice to voice Johnny Thunder in an Lego Adventurers Movie if that were to ever happen! For that matter, I could also see Russell Crowe voicing one of his archnemses while Marion Cotillard could voice a love interest of his. 

How so? Are you perhaps suggesting more of a Superman/Green Lantern reluctant cop buddy movie instead, perhaps? Technically that could make sense, as Channing Tanum (a.k.a. Superman) and Jonah Hill (a.k.a. Green Lantern) did play such parts in Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street.

Precisely what I had in mind! :wink: :sweet:

I meant a super creative hidden message kinda film - bit like TLM but add the buddy cop film in the mix as well.

7 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

Team up with Disney and do an Lego Star Wars or an Lego Marvel Superheroes movie for the movie theater

I don't exactly think that Warner Brothers would cooperate with Disney for such spin-offs. If anything, TLG would instead work solely with Disney for a separate series of crossover movies, with no relation to WB's cinematic universe.

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

I meant a super creative hidden message kinda film - bit like TLM but add the buddy cop film in the mix as well.

Super Creative Hidden Message kinda film? Not sure of exactly what you mean by that. :shrug_confused:

On 6/15/2018 at 4:02 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't exactly think that Warner Brothers would cooperate with Disney for such spin-offs. If anything, TLG would instead work solely with Disney for a separate series of crossover movies, with no relation to WB's cinematic universe.

Super Creative Hidden Message kinda film? Not sure of exactly what you mean by that. :shrug_confused:

I mean like TLM, the message behind it was being creative.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:17 PM, saysonder said:

He had a slight cameo as a reporter in The Lego Batman Movie, but I’d love to have Chris Hardwick voice a more prominent character in one of these films. I just love him as a person and his voice would fit a minifigure perfectly.

........never mind :sceptic:

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

I mean like TLM, the message behind it was being creative.

I think I see what you mean, given that the Green Lantern Corps' primary power is energy construction based upon willpower. The thing is though, doesn't that ability seem irrelevant in the Lego Cinematic Universe, since most "gifted" individuals (a.k.a. Master Builders) have similar such abilities? :look:

On 6/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I think I see what you mean, given that the Green Lantern Corps' primary power is energy construction based upon willpower. The thing is though, doesn't that ability seem irrelevant in the Lego Cinematic Universe, since most "gifted" individuals (a.k.a. Master Builders) have similar such abilities? :look:

Yeah true :laugh: The buddy cop style film it is then!

All the news about the Teen Titans Go movie, as well as the darker "Titans" TV series, has gotten me thinking about a hypothetical Lego Batman Movie sequel and figured I'd share here.

I think a good direction for a sequel to go would be for Robin to decide to join the Teen Titans. Batman, who has finally learned to let people into his life, would be resistant to letting Robin go on to live his own life, stemming from the same fear of loss that was caused by the loss of his parents. Batman would eventually have to learn that Robin would still be family even if they were no longer together all the time, and to be supportive of Robin as he "leaves the nest". I haven't quite decided on how a villain fits into this plot, but there are plenty of options, chief among them recurring Titans foe Deathstroke/Slade Wilson (one of the few major Bat-family antagonists who didn't appear in the first Lego Batman Movie).

Set-wise, a storyline like this could offer some great new takes on characters. I loved the reinterpretations of heroes and villains for The Lego Batman Movie and would love to see the same done with the Teen Titans. For Starfire, who has served as a love interest for Robin in the comics, I think a good direction would be a flashy, maybe sort of disco-inspired costume (more modest than many of her comics designs as appropriate for her age and aesthetically fitting for a romantic interest to the very camp version of Robin from the first movie). For Raven, I'd think playing up the "goth" angle could be fun—like Starfire, it could help to reinforce that these are teens first and superheroes second. I think Cyborg could work fantastically well as a "semi-bigfig" like Axl from Lego Nexo Knights, emphasizing his athletic strength and maybe even being able to reuse Axl's arm pieces (with a blue coloration instead of Axl's Trans. Fluor. Orange). And while I'm not sure what sort of costume would be best for Beast Boy, I think it'd be both humorous and very toyetic to feature him in multiple Lego animal forms across different sets. As for the buildable subjects of sets, I don't have many ideas yet, but considering how vehicle-heavy The Lego Batman Movie sets tended to be a set of vehicles for the Titans that combine into one could be very neat.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I think a good direction for a sequel to go would be for Robin to decide to join the Teen Titans. Batman, who has finally learned to let people into his life, would be resistant to letting Robin go on to live his own life, stemming from the same fear of loss that was caused by the loss of his parents. Batman would eventually have to learn that Robin would still be family even if they were no longer together all the time, and to be supportive of Robin as he "leaves the nest". I haven't quite decided on how a villain fits into this plot, but there are plenty of options, chief among them recurring Titans foe Deathstroke/Slade Wilson (one of the few major Bat-family antagonists who didn't appear in the first Lego Batman Movie).

I like the idea, but personally, I'd much rather have a sequel to The Lego Batman Movie be a Lego Justice League Movie as opposed to simply The Lego Batman Movie 2, just for the sake of keeping the first film titularly singular in a way. Perhaps you could have two parallel running crises going on in such a movie, that being Robin going his own way and Batman trying to reconnect with an estranged Justice League by attempting to prove to them that he's changed for the better, despite their doubts.

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I like the idea, but personally, I'd much rather have a sequel to The Lego Batman Movie be a Lego Justice League Movie as opposed to simply The Lego Batman Movie 2, just for the sake of keeping the first film titularly singular in a way. Perhaps you could have two parallel running crises going on in such a movie, that being Robin going his own way and Batman trying to reconnect with an estranged Justice League by attempting to prove to them that he's changed for the better, despite their doubts.

Eh... maybe. I sort of feel like a story that focuses primarily on Batman and Robin's relationship (with guest stars aplenty, of course) would have a more solid emotional core than one that tried to combine that with turning the so far pretty one-note Justice League from the previous movies into a fully developed ensemble cast. Trying to cram that much into a single movie feels like it wouldn't really do justice (pun fully intended) to either side of the story.

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

as opposed to simply The Lego Batman Movie 2, just for the sake of keeping the first film titularly singular in a way. 

I hope they call it The LEGO Batman Returns Movie, and then they make a LEGO Batman Forever Movie and a LEGO Batman And Robin Movie.

You know what would be sort of cool, is if Warner Brothers experimented with smaller budget, Indie-styled Lego movies that were completely stop-motion animated (a.k.a."brickfilmed") with little to no CGI enhancement, bringing together experienced brickfilmers hired to work on such a project. Unlike preceding CGI-animated cinematic Lego movies, these don't have to be stories of a grand scale, only simpler tales of a more sentimental angle, kinda like some examples of Pixar fare like 2009's Up.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know what would be sort of cool, is if Warner Brothers experimented with smaller budget, Indie-styled Lego movies that were completely stop-motion animated (a.k.a."brickfilmed") with little to no CGI enhancement, bringing together experienced brickfilmers hired to work on such a project. Unlike preceding CGI-animated cinematic Lego movies, these don't have to be stories of a grand scale, only simpler tales of a more sentimental angle, kinda like some examples of Pixar fare like 2009's Up.

I kind of feel like a feature-length Brickfilm WITHOUT CGI could very easily end up being similarly expensive to some of the existing Lego movies, and on top of that require a much, much longer production timetable. Genuine stop-motion animation is neither cheap nor quick.

I feel like a more practical way for them to branch out would be through animated shorts using similar production techniques to the Lego movies so far, like "The Master" short that aired in front of "Storks". Not only would shorts be able to be put together on a much quicker timetable than full-length movies, but by using similar CGI techniques to the main Lego movies they could more effectively reuse assets.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:37 PM, Lyichir said:

I kind of feel like a feature-length Brickfilm WITHOUT CGI could very easily end up being similarly expensive to some of the existing Lego movies, and on top of that require a much, much longer production timetable. Genuine stop-motion animation is neither cheap nor quick.

I suppose so, though if such a film were successfully pitched to or pitched by a renowned director such as Tim Burton or Wes Anderson with experience in the field of stop-motion, perhaps Warner Brothers would give consideration to such project in spite of the potentially higher/equal cost. :shrug_oh_well: