Sign in to follow this  
Puvel

[SoNE Ep. XIV] Hapes - A beautiful traitor

The briefing was a short one, the Black Sun was getting too dangerous and had to be stopped. They were spread out over the galaxy, troops had to be dispatched to a number of planets. My team was lucky enough to be assigned to Hapes.

We all knew stories about Hapes. A world with lush forests and the most beautiful women in the universe. The Hapan cities were build in bright colours, the estates aiming for a balance of nature and civilisation. It sounded like a perfect place for a relaxing holiday really. 

Our target was Darshe Ovarpre, a trader with contacts to the Lorell system. Unfortunately that was also were she got involved with the Black Sun. We'd almost feel bad for taking her out, she sure was beautiful.

30522851844_5597187a1b_c.jpg

I think this is the first MOC I've seen of Hapes and it is gorgeous! What a wonderful take on this planet. And I have to ask, where did you come by so many tan profile bricks? 2 Disney castles?

Truly beautiful. The color choices and the various plant life is spectacular. It all works so well together, if you removed the stormtroopers you could easily make this a MOC in so many categories and it would fit perfectly. Feels like a nice combo of middle eastern and southern US plantation style architecture. About my only critique is how happy she seems to be about a stormtrooper pointing a gun at her. :laugh:

Really good work! The vibrant colors look great and really show off the features of the build. The use of the planet piece as the dome is genius!

On 1-12-2016 at 1:50 PM, MKJoshA said:

I think this is the first MOC I've seen of Hapes and it is gorgeous! What a wonderful take on this planet. And I have to ask, where did you come by so many tan profile bricks? 2 Disney castles?

Thanks MKJosh! Don't have a Disney castle though, just good old bricklink. Accidentally found them in tan really, didn't even know they were from the Disney castle.

On 1-12-2016 at 3:51 PM, Kodan Black said:

Truly beautiful. The color choices and the various plant life is spectacular. It all works so well together, if you removed the stormtroopers you could easily make this a MOC in so many categories and it would fit perfectly. Feels like a nice combo of middle eastern and southern US plantation style architecture. About my only critique is how happy she seems to be about a stormtrooper pointing a gun at her. :laugh:

Thanks Kodan Black! You have a good point about her being happy. Euhm, she was hoping to seduce them and live another day? :laugh:

On 1-12-2016 at 7:59 PM, Tariq j said:

Really good work! The vibrant colors look great and really show off the features of the build. The use of the planet piece as the dome is genius!

Thanks Tariq j! Can't claim the dome piece as my idea, it's been done many times before

I recently got finished playing Dishonored and i'm getting a total similar vibe to this. This definitely has a palatial feeling to it. This is so awesome and the unique color scheme is perfect. My absolute favorite feature is the use of that planet hemisphere as a dome!

I really like how it looks lighter instead of a darker building, it really makes it look like a palace.