Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

AoM: Aslo The Ale Salesman

Even far north, where snowy blizzards frequently occur, the few outposts that far north still need resupplying now and then. But the paths are treacherous, and the wooden supports holding the snow back have been known to collapse. Only few brave salesmen dare to travel in these areas, but being few the profits are great. And of course a simple horse would not withstand the cold, more, appropriate, creatures are used.

A build that happened to tie in with AoM and this years CCCXIV, also partially inspired by scenes in Game of Thrones for the ice/snow wall.

30500241644_58b14950aa_z.jpg

A Northern Guardsman fills up on ale for his outpost

30500237734_b463bd3edf_z.jpg

Aslo and the Mitgardian snow horse, along with the specifically built sled

30500245304_5265d42c41_z.jpg

And just the landscape:

30500250754_4f4a44fed0_z.jpg

Also happier with the photography for this one -Thanks for looking! :)

The Wall looks pretty good :wink: I really like the use of the star-wars beast heer, good job :thumbup:

Nice build, Legofin!

The covered wagon/sled is really neat, especially the sled runners!  The landscaping is realistic in appearance.  I like the flex-tube tree with the minifig hands as revealed branches. :thumbup:

I am still curious how the snow wall works with only a few boards here or there?  Is there something I am missing here?

Very nice, Legofin! The Tauntaun, er, snow horse, is an appropriately Mitgardian beast, to be sure. The sledge is again impressive (you seem to have a knack for those things) though I do wonder how it travels across the rocky soil without getting all scraped up. The runners, with the SNOTed half-arches, are my favorite part. The snow on your small leafy tree is equally impressive. 

1 hour ago, Slegengr said:

I am still curious how the snow wall works with only a few boards here or there?  Is there something I am missing here?

Snow compresses and becomes very solid, like a glacier, as long as the weather remains cold enough, so all that would be needed would be some boards here and there to make sure that it does not fall over on the top, where the snow is softer. 

That sled looks really cute!  The snow wall is also a really intriguing concept, well done! :thumbup: 

On 30 November 2016 at 5:25 AM, TitusV said:

The Wall looks pretty good :wink: I really like the use of the star-wars beast heer, good job :thumbup:

Thank you, normal horses didn't seem appropriate for the snow, so an alternative was found :grin:

On 30 November 2016 at 6:06 AM, Slegengr said:

Nice build, Legofin!

The covered wagon/sled is really neat, especially the sled runners!  The landscaping is realistic in appearance.  I like the flex-tube tree with the minifig hands as revealed branches. :thumbup:

Thanks, to be honest I didn't research into it too much, it just looked rather cool in Game of Thrones :grin:

Spoiler

On 30 November 2016 at 7:54 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice, Legofin! The Tauntaun, er, snow horse, is an appropriately Mitgardian beast, to be sure. The sledge is again impressive (you seem to have a knack for those things) though I do wonder how it travels across the rocky soil without getting all scraped up. The runners, with the SNOTed half-arches, are my favorite part. The snow on your small leafy tree is equally impressive. 

Snow compresses and becomes very solid, like a glacier, as long as the weather remains cold enough, so all that would be needed would be some boards here and there to make sure that it does not fall over on the top, where the snow is softer. 

Thank you, I tried hard to think of a good name for it, but in the end "snow horse" was the best I could come up with! I find sleds rather difficult to build, but I keep seeming to need them! That is also a good explanation for the snow wall :grin:

On 30 November 2016 at 9:25 AM, Kai NRG said:

That sled looks really cute!  The snow wall is also a really intriguing concept, well done! :thumbup: 

Thank you, I always try to make my builds different in some way :sweet:

Edited by Legofin2012

On 01/12/2016 at 9:10 PM, Blufiji said:

Very nice build. I love the sled design with it's sleek curves.

Thank you, the sled was the main focus for this build :sweet:

Great landscaping and sweet sled there mate! :classic:

Edited by Gunman

Great design and idea with a sled instead of a wagon! 

I like the taun taun aswell! They should certainly be used more often!

Lovely sled there! I really like the covered wagon look to the covering :thumbup: Plus the seat area, and storage for a bag and sword are very fitting details :classic:

On 3 December 2016 at 10:04 PM, The Maestro said:

The snow wall is a great idea and perfectly executed, but the sled really puts the cherry on the top :thumbup:

Thank you, glad it turned out alright :classic:

On 4 December 2016 at 2:37 AM, Gunman said:

Great landscaping and sweet sled there mate! :classic:

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the sled was almost too "cartoonish" :classic:

On 4 December 2016 at 8:22 AM, de Gothia said:

Great design and idea with a sled instead of a wagon! 

I like the taun taun aswell! They should certainly be used more often!

Thank you, well I'll be using the taun taun in future build, seems like a perfect Mitgardian creature :sweet:

On 4 December 2016 at 2:07 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely sled there! I really like the covered wagon look to the covering :thumbup: Plus the seat area, and storage for a bag and sword are very fitting details :classic:

Thanks, the bag and sword were last minute additions cause it looked a bit bare :classic: