Kolonialbeamter

[OL - Collab] Château Richemont - A Royal Vineyard on Le Bellan

This is a collab build by Captain Genaro, Phred and myself, to create a royal plantation for Breshaun. It's been in the making for quite some time, and it was fun seeing this project evolve and result in something even bigger than a mere license. But more on that at another time. For now...

Welcome, fellow BoBSians, to:

Château Richemont - Royal Vineyard and Hot-Spot of Le Bellan's High Society

Embedded in the gently rolling hills that surround the city of Breshaun lies Château Richemont, towering over the valley of the Zeusrun River as a beacon of Oleander noblesse.

31210510971_695c8d3da2_b.jpg

31210515301_027a5e9f9d_b.jpg

The estate was founded about half a century ago by Pierre de Bourdeille, youngest son to the Comte de Richemont. With no chance of inheriting his father's titles and lands in the old world, he was one of the first noblemen to make Le Bellan his home. Profiting from his family's proud tradition as prime winemakers of the realm he immediately recognized the potential the nearly ideal climate in the region offered to cultivate rich and heavy grapes, enabling him to create excellent wines, such as the Bleaunote Royal and the Terrechéri Noir, that even regularly make their way to the Courts of Granoleon.

Today, the chateau is not only a leading wine producer, but also a bustling center of noble Oleander lifestyle on Le Bellan, famous for its exuberant banquets and glittering balls regularly held throughout the year. In fact, the next festival is about to commence. And some notables have announced their arrival - rumored to be sent by the Intendant Général des Finances himself - and interested in big business...

About:

Footprint is ca. 175x200, piece-count 25000+ (this almost killed my PC :wacko:)

All the vines are placed by hand, so there's no copy-paste, no repetitions involved - at all. Most trivial thing I've ever done in LDD :laugh: Same goes for the pathway texture and the gravel... :wacko: So it might look easy, but I can assure you I lost track of the hours I spent on this. Oh, and of course as always all bricks exist in the colors presented. I would have loved to go on building, but in the end every additional brick was a fight, I had so many LDD crashes making me rebuild things over and over again... so the figs were left to for my co-builders.

Thanks for watching this first part :classic:

C&C welcome

Vive le Roi!

Here is my 32X128 contribution to the Royal Plantation.

In celebration of the annual grape harvest, The Château is hosting an elaborate wine tasting event for the high society of Le Bellan.  

30581347151_8a29cb4756_c.jpg

A local official is on his way to the tasting event.

30369556290_6a07b1c971_z.jpg

30369555690_48837f2d58_z.jpg

30581347851_149a1e6b6c_z.jpg

The wine tasting event features the finest musicians from Bardo, imported cheese, and the best wine Oleon has to offer.

30369557730_bcc665627b_z.jpg

30369554580_7cfd21a240_z.jpg

An image of workers harvesting and another plantation image.

30581349951_7980920b30_z.jpg

30369557000_8b3b6afa86_z.jpg

Nestled under a hill on the vineyard's southern slope sit the massive wine cellars where barrels of freshly pressed grapes are sent to age. Although most of the Château's guests will only notice some laborers working on new wines, it is in the brick-lined rooms beneath the hollow hill where meetings to shape Oleon's future take place.

31342735165_1dfc3c1459.jpg

31227745701_9b662d7160.jpg

Several government officials stand around a table while the vineyard's chief winemaker pours class after glass of the finest quality wine. How the military officer found his way into the cellar confounds even the chief winemaker's sharp intellect, but that it not his primary concern. After all, even with barons and counts filling every one of the Château's gardens, an official bearing the seal of the Intendant Général des Finances is sure to draw attention. Especially if he's wearing a hideous blue suit.

30535068553_7bd8c43a8a.jpg

Despite his best efforts, the chief winemaker can't help but smiling (somewhat sinister, some might say, but he's never looked the same since a boxing match left him with a broken jaw). And of course, why shouldn't he be smiling? Sure, one of the gentlemen is more concerned about keeping a full glass and plate, but the Intendant's official, the gentleman that really mattered, made it very clear that unparalleled business opportunities under the patronage of the King himself were about to elevate the vineyard to unparalleled heights.

31342754905_78544de599.jpg

Empty barrels being carried off to the wine press where they'll be filled with this sweet nectar of the gods - a nectar to make fools drunk... but those with a sense for business rich.

31227759591_b41f1c5679.jpg

All three portions are well done. I love the chateau @Kolonialbeamter. It looks elegant and grand. The colors work very well together and aid to the entire build.  The vineyards in all the builds add the character to these builds. I like that each one seems to be in a different stage of growth or harvest. Great job on them. I love that carriage @Phred. The pieces used really helped bring it together. @Captain Genaro the interior scene is well done. I really like the dark red bricks for the cellar. They do a surprisingly great job at setting the atmosphere. 

Great collab guys, KolonialBeamter's build is jaw-droppingly huge and the architectural details of the building are great!  So are the vineyard out back and the flower gardens out front!  Really neat idea, Phred, with the blades for the roof, and the carriage shape is well done also!  Captain Genaro's gappy dark red wall looks excellent, and a really creative idea to build that under the soil... though, it does seem to me like there isn't much depth of earth for anything to grow... :laugh: 

Congratulations are in order to you three.  This is a lovely vinyard you've created.  I had toyed with the idea of doing one myself (not on this grand scale of course), so thanks for giving me a perfect reference.

Wonderful collaboration! You are all to be commended. KB's estate is impressive as always (and I always try to pick up some new detail I can steal from your builds :pir-grin:). Phred, I particularly like the design of the carriage, and cool piece usage of those blades for the patio roof. Capt. G, you have captured the look and feel of a cellar quite well; I like how it is not at all pristine! And a shout-out for Bardo musicians as well! All together a fantastic build! :thumbup:

Wow! Collaborations are the new... , well ok, great effort guys.

This is much more than a MOC!

Great LDD, great use of those pearl gold blades and excellent cellars.

Ok, who wants to collaborate with me?  And on what?  :pir-grin:

What a fantastic trio of models, I like how they all fit together to show the extent of the whole vineyard. 

The chateau is very impressive, and I especially like how it isn't built on flat ground, but feels like it is perched atop a hill to give commanding views.

The vineyard and carriage build has many interesting and unexpected uses of parts, I also like the carriage too.

finally, I love the way the wine cellar is embedded into the hill, so to not waste space for more vines.

As always... Great one guys! All three are unique! :wub: Collabs were missing from BoBS, so this i another fine example of how to do it from a distance :sweet:

Absolutely wonderful! Great architectural details on the house, as well as the stonework, gravel and foundation under the house. With a stunning garden to booth. Cool use of the gold blades for the gazebo(?). And the huge doble height fermentation tank are very fitting. Nice vines in different states by all participants. :thumbup:  And thanks for hiring Bardo musicians :sweet: I hope they played to your satisfaction, as much as they appreciate Oleon wine. :laugh:

Beautiful Châteaux, KB, and as others have said, placing it on an elevation is a great touch. Both the ornamental gardens out front and the vines in the back are looking great. I would have liked a bit more activity. Even a single gardener, or a wagon would make it come more alive. :pir-blush:

Phred, your gazebo, carriage, and vines are great, and the lively scene with the winetasting is a great touch. I would suggest working a bit more with photography. It seems like they are a bit grainy, and I think turning down the temperature of the colours could help. "Photos" in windows gives a simple tool to fix these basic things. :pir-blush:

Genaro, what a wonderful cellar, something to rarely seen in BoBS. The tattered walls are perfect, and the beams and pillars are great. I like the little scene with cheese, bread and PLENTY of wine, and the different interior details. I think adding a background to the holes in the walls, perhaps in brown or dark tan, as the light shining through is a bit off. Further, making the top-layer of dirt for the vines a bit thicker, and working a bit more with ground texturing, would put the final touches on the build. Your pictures also appear to be a bit off. Too high ISO setting, perhaps?

Finally, great job all - a really nice Royal Property, well on the right side of the stud count! Fantastic work!

Oh wauw, that's an epic chateau alright! The garden and sloped pathway look amazing, can imagine your eyes hurting after a while of building that *huh*

The wine tasting party looks fun, the carriage is a beauty. Having 2 kinds of different grapes is very clever!

The winemaking proces is a great scene as well. Putting it under the actual vineyard is an excellent idea. And of course there has to bread and cheese involved, how else can you taste wine :laugh: