Patgeo

Destiny - Starship from Stargate Universe (SGU)

Hello to everyone!

This is my first topic in this forum, and I am glad to present you my first and biggest project on which I have been working for the last 6 years.

It is the "Destiny" Starship, from the Stargate Universe (SGU) series of SyFy. It is a series that was based in the original Stargate movie of 1994, and continues the story of the two previous series, that followed the original movie (Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis).

To begin with, and before the photos of my version, I would like to appose some photos of Destiny from the TV series;

30954900980_bdebd736d7_c.jpg

Original Destiny - Front View by George Patelis, on Flickr

30501249314_186d1886c5_c.jpg

Original Destiny - Side View by George Patelis, on Flickr

Below, you can see photos of my version of Destiny, for the implementation of which, valuable assistance was offered by the printings of Martin Steil, that were made in 2011.

31105049301_0fa8652580_o.png
1 - Top View by George Patelis, on Flickr

30851218580_0150c94a15_o.png
2 - View from Bottom by George Patelis, on Flickr

30411179593_34a9e30560_o.png
3 - Horizontal View by George Patelis, on Flickr

Destiny, at its current form, consists of about 29,000 pieces, the majority of which are Technic Bricks, Technic Pins, and Slopes.

Its dimentions, when it is placed horizontally, are 2,20m long, 1,75m wide, around 75cm high, and its weight exceeds 30Kg. Of course, due to its size, its weight, appears to be larger. 

From the design stage until the completion of its construction, it took me about six years. Of course, during that time there was a break of about a year due to some obligations, and also due to lack of funds, since the cost only for the building material exceeded the amount of € 2,000, without the inclusion of the transportation costs from America and Europe.

Below, you can see more detailed photos;

30851216430_060893f832_o.png

4 - Top View from Front by George Patelis, on Flickr

30411177543_f2b97d334d_o.png

5 - Botom View from Front by George Patelis, on Flickr

31182809846_64cf2f2707_o.png

12 - Closer Look of the Cockpit Tower by George Patelis, on Flickr

31074986132_91eb2516d5_o.png

14 - Side View of the Tail by George Patelis, on Flickr

31182800146_6f37261ae5_o.png

16 - Detailed Side View by George Patelis, on Flickr

30851182170_daa76b9007_o.png

18 - View of the Main Starship by George Patelis, on Flickr

You can find more photos of the completed project and from the construction stage at my FlickR, and in the original post that was made for thebrick.gr.

I hope you like it! Any comments are welcome! :classic:

That is a beautifully sculpted model. :thumbup:

But it is missing a lot of windows.

The front could also be rounded off, rather than coming to a point.

6 hours ago, Venunder said:

That is a beautifully sculpted model. :thumbup:

But it is missing a lot of windows.

The front could also be rounded off, rather than coming to a point.

Thank you vey much for your comments!

Regarding the windows, I wanted to keep it in scale with the original one, and if I was going to place even the smallest window that exists, the result would be at least twice the size of the current one.

Also, the nose was the part that I first dealt with. At that point I had a small stock of parts, and it took me a lot of time to come up with the specific design, which in the end I liked. If I was starting its construction now, I would try to use some curved bricks.

Beautiful model. It was hard to believe the size from the first couple pics, but when I saw the blue dome, it made me realize just how big it was. The curved shaping is wonderful. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Beautiful model. It was hard to believe the size from the first couple pics, but when I saw the blue dome, it made me realize just how big it was. The curved shaping is wonderful. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your comments! It did my best for its shape, something that was tough enough!

It is a fact, that you cannot realize its size, until you see it from a closer look! Below, you can see a comparizon of a minifig and the back end of Destiny, while it was still under construction. There are more pics in FlickR;

25080863560_3f90af278d_c.jpg

DSC_2469 by George Patelis, on Flickr

25008857989_dac3063847_c.jpg

DSC_2468 by George Patelis, on Flickr

Edited by Patgeo
Wrong Quote

Congrats for finishing your spaceship Patgeo, cant wait to see it in person! :wink:

22 hours ago, Gunman said:

Congrats for finishing your spaceship Patgeo, cant wait to see it in person! :wink:

Thank you very much Gunman! I can't wait to show it!!! :classic:

Very awesome!!!

Makes me want to re-watch Stargate Universe..... maybe I will do that :P

Do you have any other stargate themed builds?

6 hours ago, infector said:

Very awesome!!!

Makes me want to re-watch Stargate Universe..... maybe I will do that :P

Do you have any other stargate themed builds?

Thank you very much for your comment! :sweet:

I have watched SGU, more than 3 times durind the construction stage. It's very addictive! :sweet:

Unfortunatelly, this is my only Stargate themed creation. Who knows, maybe in the future i will built again something! :wink:

I would like to appologise if I break any rules for bumping up my recent post, but I would like to share with you a picture from Destiny's official unveiling in the recent excibition of thebrick.gr, that took place the previous weekend, in Thessaloniki, Greece!

31598158002_f9df1997b3_c.jpg

The Proud Builder by George Patelis, on Flickr

22 hours ago, Delta62 said:

Not a fan of Stargate Universe but thats an awesome job on capturing the ship!

Thank you very much for your comment! :classic:

Wow, that's very impressive! I like the way you used layers and slopes to give the unique contours of the ship. It's so massive, too. :thumbup:

14 hours ago, Delta62 said:

Welcome!

Thank you Delta62!

8 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

Wow, that's very impressive! I like the way you used layers and slopes to give the unique contours of the ship. It's so massive, too. :thumbup:

I am glad you liked it! The contour of the ship, was tricky enough, and i had to assemble and disassemble it enough times in order to achieve the best resault!

Thanks again for your comment! :sweet:

I'm not familiar at all with any of the Stargate TV shows, but man, the brickwork on this SHIP is  hypnotic! *oh2* :wacko:

Simply stunning. :thumbup: 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not familiar at all with any of the Stargate TV shows, but man, the brickwork on this SHIP is  hypnotic! *oh2* :wacko:

Simply stunning. :thumbup: 

Thank you very much for your comment Digger of Bricks! It really is hypnotic, isn't it? :sweet:

51 minutes ago, IstakaCiti said:

Wow, this is huge, you deserve congratulations to pull of something as big as this.

Thank you for your compliments IstakaCiti! From the outcome, i believe that it totally worthed the effort!