Sign in to follow this  
Jannik

[SoNE Ep. XIII] Sullust - "Just fly casual"

31207719091_46a106dde8_z.jpg

"Just fly casual"

The bounty hunter's words were echoing in my ears as I piloted the stolen speeder towards the blast door at the southern entrance of the mining complex. This had better work or I would have a lot of explaining to do, the Black Sun were not to be messed with.

"You look just like him, they won't know the difference..."

30515205863_17f0bdb96b_z.jpg

I knew that the others would be in position, but as I approached I could only see Dax, hiding alongside one of the columns supporting the platform. As I got closer I could see he was with her, the bounty hunter, hiding in the shadows. None of us were comfortable working with bounty hunters, but the Sarge had insisted that there was no other way to achieve our mission. Dax seemed to be speaking to her, but I couldn't hear his words.

"Are you sure that we don't all need one of those respirator things?"

30500638854_6b054d5b1c_z.jpg

For the past three days the bounty hunter had watched this same speeder fly up to the blast doors, and wait for them to open. Which she assured me they always did, presumably due to a transponder located somewhere on the speeder. I tried to relax, and not think about what happened to the poor Rodian who owned the speeder before the bounty hunter acquired it. I hovered in front of the doors, and wound back the repulsors to lower towards the platform.

30500638134_a7a9e0e1ec_z.jpg

The doors slowly ground open and a bulky looking guard appeared in the opening. This was it, the moment of truth. I held my breath.

"Hey Drug....wait....you're not Drugo!!!!"

31286463946_b2ae8f5300_z.jpg

As I threw the speeder to the ground and rolled for cover behind it, all hell broke loose. Dax took out the guard but he was soon replaced by the Vigo and two bodyguards.

30954257760_ceb84ea78a_z.jpg

As I found my feet behind the speeder I saw the falleen Vigo strolling confidently towards my team. Something didn't feel right, and then I realised, there was silence. For some reason they had stopped firing. I hadn't expected the Black Sun Vigo to be a woman, and quite striking looking, but the others seemed transfixed by her.

30515197083_b08e4ebf75_z.jpg

I slowly raised my blaster and pointed it towards her back. It felt cowardly, but my friends were now in danger and I had to act. I pulled the trigger and watched her fall. The spell on the others was instantly broken.

31286460786_819f6f19d9_z.jpg

It was all over, and silence again. Then one of the bodyguards appeared in the doorway, his arms raised.

"Please don't hurt me, I am unarmed, I surrender"

31207698001_4f1d80a6c3_z.jpg

At that moment the bounty hunter appeared on the platform (where had she been during the fire fight?) and glared at the bodyguard.

"Kill him"

"Um...thats not really how we do things in the Alliance, we won't get a medal for that"

"There must be no witnesses to what happened here, unless you want your princess to be in danger of Black Sun reprisals"

The Sarge looked down at the ground as he spoke, "She is right, it has to be done". We all looked away as he did what had to be done.

This is a sweet looking build :thumbup: Really liking the contrast between the smooth surfaces of the structure and the layered landscape. The speeder looks neat as well and the lava curves flow very nicely. 

Solid story too, getting those rebel hands dirty. 

Edited by Merc4Hire

Awesome build! The building and door are well build. I like the tan / LBG combination a lot. The lava stream came out excellent as well! Good job!

It seems that Bounty Hunter has an agenda. I am anxious to see where the story goes from here.

Edited by Zaael

Great build! I love how you made the lava flow. And that's a great mini-Rey's speeder. Also, I love how you incorporated the Falleen's use of pheromones into the story!

Great Sullust, great story. I agree with Josh, the detail about pheromones is a great touch and instantly acted as a throwback to the SotE stories for me. Well done, and I like how Jannik's immunity saves the rebels in this situation. Keep it up!