Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[SoNE Ep. XIII] Commenor - The Unfortunate Practice of Following Orders

During my vacation to Commenor I stumbled upon some interesting intel while tapping into the regular Imperial lines. One of my old colleagues and double agent with the Black Sun was on a hit list and would be quietly "disappeared" soon. As a commanding officer of a quiet rural garrison, he had provided an excellent safe house on a number of occasions in my ISB day; he had been a valuable asset to me. So, for the first time in two years, I decided it was time to follow orders and "disappear" him myself, but to somewhere safe and useful to me.

30466882124_60fd479278_b.jpg

SoNE XIII - Commenor - main by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

The officer's lounge was just off the main plaza in the old part of Munto. I had assumed the identity of a docked ground commander on personal leave to maim Zaz Sikari, the bounty hunter that ruined my comfortable hideout on Naboo. Just as my friend was leaving, I was able to bag him and pull him back inside - narrowly avoiding the attention of the AT-ST unit down the road but requiring a few shots to the throat that would annoy my friend later. Getting him off the planet was going to be tricky, but I had some good contacts in Xenovet that should be able to fit the bill.

31144413632_304e9e07cd_b.jpg

SoNE XIII - Commenor - 3 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

To be continued...

Spoiler

The AT-ST was already part of a freebuild and should not be judged. (I should note that I took 2 studs out of the leg in case anybody wants to compare for themselves). 

Also, in the spirit of full disclosure, this build is actually meant to represent Jedha for a collaborative build with one of my DFWLUG friends. From what I could find on Commenor, this seemed close enough for me. 

Follow me on Flickr for shots of the full build being assembled this weekend at BrickUniverse Dallas.

Simply brilliant. Seeing this, my first instinct was to point out that it looks like straight outta the Rogue One trailers, in a very positive way. Definitely seeing that Jedha resemblence here, but it works for so many Star Wars environments really.

There's so many great details, it's fantastic. Bagging the victim is also cleverly displayed. The writing is as strong as ever and I couldn't help but find it hilarious how Goatm An casually refers to his stay on Commenor as vacation.

Great job!

This build is just awesome. I keep discovering new details every time I look at it. The composition of the first picture is fantastic, the lighting at the front is a little much, but the shot breaths Star Wars. All the NPU's, techniques and the overall feel of it. The minifigs really finish it off and make it a lively build. 

I am very(!) inspired to do a street scene like this now. :wink: :thumbup:

Yeah, an amazing street scene with a vibrant bustling feel to it. Great action at the bagging.

I agree with Zaael about the lighting, it seems too harsh in the front middle, a bit uneven compared to the rest. But otherwise a perfectly blended scene with great color usage and balanced placement of elements.

Wow I will never get tired of seeing this build. It looks incredible, filled with details and all on such a large scale. Also very nice piece usage on the ninja cowl, works great for the bagging.

Definitely very reminiscent of Jedha as well; can't wait to see the collab. 

Excellent build and great photos as well! The bagging of the friend looks like a proper action shot. The rest of the minifigs have great posing as we'll actually.

The textures on the buildings are excellent as well, looking forward to seeing the collab

I love this build, the opening shot is fantastic. One of things I love is there's so many good details I don't even know where to start to look! I think you've nailed the Rogue One look you were aiming for :thumbup:

Thanks everybody. We displayed the whole MOC at BrickUniverse this weekend and won Best Sci-Fi (really only because Nannan Zhang wasn't there this time). There's lots of alleys to look down and it takes some patience to notice all of it. I'll probably piece this out into freebuilds so stay posted. But here's a few overall shots in poor lighting

31420873025_f2f879cbf3_z.jpg

BrickUniverse Best Sci-fi by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

31384471465_c18e06be77_z.jpg

Rogue One - Jedha - BrickUniverse Fair Park 2016 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

31015293460_32dd90637c_z.jpg

Rogue One - Jedha - BrickUniverse Fair Park 2016 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr