My second entry into the Colossal Castle Contest XIV, for the Medieval Archery Tournament category.
It was quite fun building all the angles and curves in this build, as well as trying to capture the elegance of Elvish architecture.

The elves are renowned for their skill with the bow, and often hold archery tournaments to maintain their mastery.

o.jpg

Back-2.jpg

White-close.jpg

elf.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt
Thanks for looking, all C&C welcome :classic:

Great little scene.  I like the building.  The use of the white horn pieces is nicely done.  The stairways are awesome and I love the sand green cheese wedges used to make circles on the back.  The ground looks very good also.  Overall excellent job.

All different kinds of curves and round parts make sthis an amzing build!It really makes for an elvish feeling! :thumbup: 

Very nice, LJ! The color scheme, arches, and mosaics make this a very elvish-feeling build. The round roof and the horn pieces complete the feeling, as well as the simple-yet-lovely details of the the targets and lamps. I have little else to say that others have not, but I just want you to know that I appreciate your contribution to Avalonian Elven culture. Well done!

Nice elven build, LJ!

I echo what has been said: the color scheme, the dome roof, the white curving arches, the mosaics: all give this build an Avalonian Elven appearance!
The lamp posts and targets are nicely done as well.

That ground technique, like SK's, is simple but so realistic!  I will definitely have to remember this technique for future ground work!  The inclusion of a few cheese slopes and curves makes it even more believable.

Beautiful little vig LJ, such a great choice of colors and fantastic Elven architecture!  I particularly like the various cheese mosaics and of course the spiral stairs!  The use of micro figures on the lantern posts is ingenious too! :thumbup: 

13 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Beautiful build, it looks very Elvish, yet is very simple in construction. The white-stone walkway is a nice complement with the structure of the viewing stand.

Thank you, the stone walkway was one of the last additions :classic:

11 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great little scene.  I like the building.  The use of the white horn pieces is nicely done.  The stairways are awesome and I love the sand green cheese wedges used to make circles on the back.  The ground looks very good also.  Overall excellent job.

Thanks, glad you like it!

5 hours ago, TitusV said:

All different kinds of curves and round parts make sthis an amzing build!It really makes for an elvish feeling! :thumbup: 

Thanks Titus! :classic:

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice, LJ! The color scheme, arches, and mosaics make this a very elvish-feeling build. The round roof and the horn pieces complete the feeling, as well as the simple-yet-lovely details of the the targets and lamps. I have little else to say that others have not, but I just want you to know that I appreciate your contribution to Avalonian Elven culture. Well done!

Thanks HQ, I have to admit, it was pretty fun building in the Elvish style (though obviously not as fun as Kali builds. :tongue: :laugh:)

2 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Nice elven build, LJ!

I echo what has been said: the color scheme, the dome roof, the white curving arches, the mosaics: all give this build an Avalonian Elven appearance!
The lamp posts and targets are nicely done as well.

That ground technique, like SK's, is simple but so realistic!  I will definitely have to remember this technique for future ground work!  The inclusion of a few cheese slopes and curves makes it even more believable.

Thanks Slegengr! Glad you like the roof, as that was one of the trickier parts to build :classic:

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Beautiful little vig LJ, such a great choice of colors and fantastic Elven architecture!  I particularly like the various cheese mosaics and of course the spiral stairs!  The use of micro figures on the lantern posts is ingenious too! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai! Those tan microfigs are so handy to have, I'm sure I'll be using them lots more in the future! 

Very beautiful LittleJohn... I really like the back side of the building, the cheese slopes.

Really wonderful build, the elven architecture is pulled off flawlessly here. The landscaping looks great too. I've tried to mix dark green and olive green for a landscape but it never looked quite right to me. You however have done a great job with it. Using dark green as the base color and olive as the accent works really well (I have always tried the opposite, which doesn't :laugh:).

Great build and entry!

Looks great!  I really like the lanterns and staircase, but the highlight for me is that circular mosaic :wub: it looks absolutely perfect there!

I think you nailed the elven architecture as well as the austere atmosphere ^^

On 11/29/2016 at 1:34 PM, Gunman said:

Very beautiful LittleJohn... I really like the back side of the building, the cheese slopes.

Thanks Gunman, that was one of my favorite parts too.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:10 PM, MassEditor said:

Really wonderful build, the elven architecture is pulled off flawlessly here. The landscaping looks great too. I've tried to mix dark green and olive green for a landscape but it never looked quite right to me. You however have done a great job with it. Using dark green as the base color and olive as the accent works really well (I have always tried the opposite, which doesn't :laugh:).

Great build and entry!

Thanks ME! Hmm, yes, I can see how using olive as the base color could look funny :look: :laugh:

On 11/30/2016 at 8:24 AM, Blufiji said:

Classical Elf Style, great work!

Thank you, Blufiji! 

On 12/1/2016 at 7:47 PM, BrickCurve said:

Looks great!  I really like the lanterns and staircase, but the highlight for me is that circular mosaic :wub: it looks absolutely perfect there!

Thanks BC! 

On 12/3/2016 at 5:06 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Very elegant MOC :wub: Excellence all around, down to having an arrow in the first target!

Thanks Isaac :classic:

On 12/3/2016 at 5:52 PM, en_zoo said:

I think you nailed the elven architecture as well as the austere atmosphere ^^

Thanks en_zoo! Glad you like it :sweet:

On 12/4/2016 at 0:54 AM, The Maestro said:

Fantastic landscaping and the elvish architecture is blowing my mind. The colours are just to good...

Thanks, the colorscheme was inspired by Disco:classic:

On 12/6/2016 at 10:11 AM, Lazer said:

Very good!:classic:

Thank you! 

You really captured the elven feel in this build.  The sweeping, elegant staircases and the slightly rounded nature to everything is not easy to do in Lego, and I think you really hit it.  Awesome!

On 12/20/2016 at 10:12 AM, Grover said:

You really captured the elven feel in this build.  The sweeping, elegant staircases and the slightly rounded nature to everything is not easy to do in Lego, and I think you really hit it.  Awesome!

Thank you, glad you think I captured the elven feel, that was definitely my main goal here :classic:

On 12/26/2016 at 6:27 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Very nice creation! I really loved the building and the elvish techniques on it! Beautiful usage of colours also! 

Thanks Mpyromaxos! :classic: