Sign in to follow this  
WickNole

[SoNE Ep. XIII] Bothawui - Transfer Mission

This is the next chapter of Wick Nole's story. Not the one to be proud of, but the one which is sometimes inevitable and necessary.

Introduction. [SoNE Freebuild] The Story Begins
Chapter 1. [SoNE Freebuild] A Fine Delivery
Chapter 2. [SoNE Freebuild] Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 3. [SoNE Ep. VII] "Before we leave this planet..."
Chapter 4. [SoNE Ep. VIII] "This is not the race you are participating in."
Chapter 5. [SoNE Ep. IX] Gathering Intel
Chapter 6. [SoNE Ep. X] Counter-attack
Chapter 7. [SoNE Ep. XI] On their own
Chapter 8. [SoNE Ep. XII] Tech support

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Day -2. Imperial prison bunker somewhere on the surface of Bothawui.

*** Incoming message.

*** Attention trooper NH16-2811, be prepared to have prisoner 100138-SQ transferred off planet in exactly 48 standard hours from now. Prepare all necessary documents and alert the ground crew.

*** End of message.

31303608605_6a50d639e6_c.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Spoiler

31303601875_46f3ffdcce_c.jpg

Day -1.

*** Incoming message.

*** Report the current status. Send all available data on prisoner 100138-SQ. Request the bunker command officer to reply ASAP.

*** End of message.

*** Outgoing message.

*** Trooper NH16-2811 reporting. Preparations proceed according to plan. Bunker command currently inspecting perimeter, exact arrival time unknown. Will contact now and request to return.

*** End of message.

31206573051_0ba946ab62_q.jpg

- Sir, there is an incoming message directly from the ISB. We need to get back and respond as soon as we can.

30953059240_beebe13159_q.jpg

- Proceed without me then. We'll return to the base and see what exactly is wrong with 100138-SQ. He is either very valuable to the Bureau, or very dangerous. In both cases, we'd better get rid of him. I'm glad they are the ones organizing the pick-up. You three, and one trooper - follow me, all other - continue the inspection. I don't want any surprises tomorrow.

30953044010_f8d16f78c0_c.jpg

31177514372_3cc4520980_c.jpg

31206573051_0ba946ab62_q.jpg

- Open the gate!

30953039140_0b0595085a_c.jpg

30499436784_f8804d2ab7_c.jpg

31285336746_e2445eeb0b_c.jpg

Spoiler

30953072540_e44258ddb7_c.jpg

Day 0. Two hours before transfer time.

31216361702_4c5f3be870_q.jpg

- Team Zulu on position. It is two hours before Lambda class shuttle arrives to the platform in front of us. As the shuttle lands, these blast doors will open and a prisoner will be evacuated. According to the data we have received from local rebel cell, the prisoner is Raav Ib - one of the mid-level Black Sun operatives - who is to be transferred out of here and later interrogated by ISB. With high probability he will be executed thereafter. Our mission here, however, is not to prevent the execution, but to avoid an interrogation. This is not a mission to be proud of, but the one which is sometimes inevitable and necessary. Raav Ib should not leave this planet.

- Remember, that we should leave no trace to the Alliance. The assassination should look like an orchestrated murder by the Ib's rivals. Our mission is to prepare and make a single shot. No imperials should be harmed.

- According to the intel we've got, the bunker garrison lacks a proper tracking equipment to follow a small fast-flying objects, so these jetpacks will also be our tickets out of here.

31324350776_d4170d537a_c.jpg

Spoiler

31324360546_abea30dd98_c.jpg

Day 0. Time: -00:00:01.

31325432926_058582ddf6_c.jpg

31246652731_ca2e4207a2_c.jpg

*** Outgoing open frequency message.

*** We are clear for the shot. This Black Sun scum will pay with his blood for what he did to Talass-Al-Zul. The master will be proud.

*** End of message.

31246519471_c98c153e3f_c.jpg

Day 0. Time: 00:00:05.

31362176795_7647cd130e_c.jpg

31218570642_557be48fe9_c.jpg

Spoiler

Please be informed that the Imperial Shuttle is an official LEGO set and not to be judged. If required, i shall provide an extra shot of the MOC only.

The MOC is, unfortunately, still a work-in-progress. I am planning to complete it by the end of 2016, as we are having a LUG event on January 6th, 2017. I've started the build ca. two weeks before the episode started, planning to present this as a freebuild some time in January. As the episode was announced, I've decided to use the thing for it, as i thought it would fit perfectly to Bothawui planet surface (initially, this was intended to be any particular planet in Star Wars unicerse). I do not know if I make any significant changes in the MOC, as now I am quite pleased with it. Probably, only some smaller details will be added.

It was also a challenge to shoot it all with an old manual lens. Unfortunately, all the usual wide angle lenses are in repairs now. But it was interesting and fun to try to make the most of the lens capabilities - and, as it came out, the lens performs rather well in close-ups on longer exposures.

Edited by WickNole

Too bad, I wanted to read your story in order, but none of the links for Chapter 0 - 8 seem to work correctly, they all link back here :/

However, I like what we are seeing here already!

Edited by Cody Startale

Fantastic prison interior. I love the cutaway effect you did. It is simple looking, but actually has a great deal of detailing the more you look at it.

Definitely an excellent imperial prison design! I especially like the doorway zig-zag design and the all the greebles sticking out from under the bridge and sides. The computer modules are also spot on.   

Great build! The computer modules are very nicely done and the cables under the bridge are a very nice detail 

(chapter four was here)

Please delete these messages, if possible. Thank you

Edited by WickNole

I was a little worried when I first saw your initial post with only the Imperial interior and then pleasantly surprised as it kept expanding, and expanding. Fantastic job with all of the angled buildings and platforms. The buildings look/feel very accurate and I like the natural posing on all of the rebels.