This is my rendition of the Geonosian Arena from STAR WARS Attack Of The Clones. This has always been one of LEGO's most glaring omissions from the Star Wars line, hence why I decided to test out this MOC. OK, it's not excessively massive or complicated, but I just think it makes a neat little playset. Comment your opinions.

Also don't forget to check out my LEGO IDEAS page for more information on this, and please support! :) from there you can read all about the design plan, the history, and also see any other photos of the MOC. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/158217

Picture2.jpg

Edited by JamesArts2172

That is definitely playset material. I believe it would range on the higher side of price range due to the amount of pieces and creatures you build with it.. I'd swap the bear out for something else, not sure what but probably a creation as opposed to an animal that they already make to stick with the rest of your build. I'm not a huge prequel fan, but I can appreciate this. Very well done. I'd like to see the actual build and not the LDD Render.

Edited by Thebeeze111

Looks great! I'm surprised Lego still hasn't made a Geonosian Arena yet, although hopefully that will change one day now that they're making location-based playsets much more frequently.

Wow! Amazing job well done! This would be an awesome playset.  It would be a day 1 purchase for me!

Thanks guys. Yeah sorry I didn't put it up sooner, but I actually only signed up to Eurobricks the other day. But if you spread the word, it could reach 100 supporters for an extra 365 days.

Ive seen a lot of these researching my own to MOC... if this was at retail I would buy it on sight.

Well done, JamesArts2172!! Especially the beasts. Not easy to pull off in Lego form. TLG is crazy for not making this scene yet. Just looking at your version you can see how much fun it would be.

Darkslayer: Yeah I did use that as a basic template for the MOC as it just seemed the perfect size and rough shape, so to be brutally honest, it would not be difficult for TLG to make this, as it would be similar to that. Its still a work in progress, and is already undergoing more aesthetic changes, but its coming on well.

Darththeling: yeah I agree that TLG should have made this by now! And also nice Sandcrawler!

I love play sets and I want seperatists, so this is a good idea. From this point I view I would suggest to add a Seperatist Council member. Obviously this would not be a kids' favourite but I guess some AFOLs would love to get the set just for Wat Tambor, Shu Mai or Tikkes. I know they were not present in the scene but Lego is rather liberal when it comes to that (Poggle was not in the Duel between Dooku and Obiwan&Anakin either...). And even when it comes to present members, I would definitely like Haako and Gunray, too.

Thanks Flieger,  That's actually a neat idea. Luckily I had mad a small geonosian meeting hall MOC several years ago, so I think I might still have the templates for some of the council.

I have just uploaded a new update to the LEGO IDEAS page: Wat Tambor minifigure.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/158217/updates

You are right, apart from Dooku and Nute Gunray, we do not get to see any of the rest of the panel. This is a shame as many of them have really interesting designs and would look great in LEGO form. Wat Tambor has always been my favourite, with his unique design and breathing apparatus, so it felt good to add him to the set. TLG have of course already made a digital version of Tambor in the LEGO STAR WARS III: Clone Wars video game, so they could use that as design inspiration.

Anyway, thanks Flieger for that inspiration!